What piece of entertainment in 2023 are you most hyped for?

On 1/25/2023 at 6:09 PM, Enter a username said:

Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom Tears of the Kingdom 

I think this guy might be excited for Tears of the Kingdom

Okay, most hyped is hard for me, but here are the things I'm looking forward too.

Hollow Knight: Silksong. The original might just be my favorite game I've ever played, and I can't wait to get more lore for Hollow Knight. Additionally, the soundtrack samples that are out are fantastic, and I can't wait to hear the rest of the OST.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. Breath of the Wild is probably my other candidate for favorite game ever (though the title for most nostalgia goes either to Mario Kart Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2) Breath of the Wild is a gorgeous game and I can't wait to get more of it and hopefully some explanations for the strange things in Breath of the Wild that weren't explained.

Oh, also secret projects and Stormlight 5. I can't wait for those either.

1 hour ago, Eluvianii said:

Stormlight is 2024 tho. 

*angery screming* HE PUSHED THE DATE FORWARD BECAUSE OF DEFIANT!!! *more angwery screming*

sorry sorry i know people really like that series it's just tainted for me because it's not nearly as good as anything cosmere (skyward was pretty great but starsight and cytonic are kind of not) and it's taking his time away from my bois kaladin and navani and adolin and renarin. i would say that all cosmere series are more deserving of his time, and if he's focusing on a non-csomere series it should be THE RITHMATISTS because it's so frickng cool and it's been 10 YEARS and no sequel ahhhhh

edit: oh lord i'm really sorry eluvianii ii did not mean to dump that on you ;-; 

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

6 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

i would say that all cosmere series are more deserving of his time, and if he's focusing on a non-csomere series it should be THE RITHMATISTS because it's so frickng cool and it's been 10 YEARS and no sequel ahhhhh

ALL OF THE FACTS!!!!! ALL OF THEM!!! The Rithmatist is so good!!!!!!! 

52 minutes ago, Morningtide said:

ALL OF THE FACTS!!!!! ALL OF THEM!!! The Rithmatist is so good!!!!!!! 

*me who hasn't read Rithmatist*

I guess this is controversial, but I actually liked starsight and Cytonic, they definitely weren't as good as Skyward though

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

edit: oh lord i'm really sorry eluvianii ii did not mean to dump that on you ;-;

It's no problem. That said, he did say he would have pushed the date back regardless, as he doesn't want the end of the front half to be "just another book", and wants to take his time polishing it. 

Also, I know people repeat this all the time, but it's thanks to all his non-Cosmere stuff that the Cosmere stuff is so good. If he didn't take breaks from it to avoid burnout, Stormlight would probably be over by now, but it would most likely be a very disappointing series. 

The Wheel of Time season 2. (hopefully it'll be better than the absolute trainwreck of season 1)

The Mandalorian season 3 just started, and I don't like any of the new MCU stuff except No Way Home. Which isn't even that new. So I don't have a lot of new stuff I'm looking forward to, just trying to bang through my TBR and finish the first draft of my book.

On 3/6/2023 at 2:56 PM, Eluvianii said:

It's no problem. That said, he did say he would have pushed the date back regardless, as he doesn't want the end of the front half to be "just another book", and wants to take his time polishing it. 

Also, I know people repeat this all the time, but it's thanks to all his non-Cosmere stuff that the Cosmere stuff is so good. If he didn't take breaks from it to avoid burnout, Stormlight would probably be over by now, but it would most likely be a very disappointing series. 

That is completely true.

I still totally wish he was focusing on the Rithmatists instead of Skyward though lol. But all the things you said are very fair. I realize I must remember that Sanderson is a person and not a book-writing robot (though it does feel like it sometimes doesn't it lmao)

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

21 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

That is completely true.

I still totally wish he was focusing on the Rithmatists instead of Skyward though lol. But all the things you said are very fair. I realize I must remember that Sanderson is a person and not a book-writing robot (though it does feel like it sometimes doesn't it lmao)

What are you talking about? He is most definitely a robot

On 3/6/2023 at 0:36 PM, Witless of Shinovar said:

*me who hasn't read Rithmatist*

I guess this is controversial, but I actually liked starsight and Cytonic, they definitely weren't as good as Skyward though

I agree, I enjoyed both of those books. (Especially Starsight on the re-read.) I'm also going to say that I wish Brandon Sanderson would put less focus on the cytoverse, but that's okay. 

Edited by Bondsmith-Edgedancer

• 2 months later...
  • A Curse of Krakens
    • Book 3 of the Seven Kennings Trilogy
    • Book 1 - Plague of Giants
    • Author: Kevin Hearne
  • Series Synopsis: Anybody can be blessed with magic - but if you try and fail, you die. When an island of Giants of the First Kenning (Fire Magic) suffers a volcanic eruption, they annex part of Ghurana Nent (the only nation with no Kenning of its own) under the guise of Refugees. On the east coast, an unknown race of pale Giants invades from across the ocean (though nobody knows how they crossed without being destroyed by Krakens). The Story is told by a Bard of the Third Kenning (Earth Magic) to the refugees in Bryn (Nation of the Fourth Kenning - Water Magic) as they await the arrival of the Multi-national army formed to push out the invading Giant armies.

• 2 weeks later...

Defiant, Loki, Secret Invasion, Across the Spiderverse cause I haven't seen that yet, clips of any bit of Shadow and Bone show stuff cause I don't got Netflix, anything that Sanderson will put out, the rest of the secret projects, Obi-wan: Trials of the Master, more Intentionally Blank always.

That should be about it, I think.

Yesss!

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Loki

I'm so exited for Loki I hope it's as good as the first season!

Other then that, I'm not really sure what I'm exited about. I don't usually pay attention ti when new stuff is coming out, so sometimes when it does I'm very surprised.

3 hours ago, The Sibling said:

Yesss!

I'm so exited for Loki I hope it's as good as the first season!

Other then that, I'm not really sure what I'm exited about. I don't usually pay attention ti when new stuff is coming out, so sometimes when it does I'm very surprised.

Season one was the first bit of MCU I ever saw, somehow. It was fantastic. I hope season two is amazing. I always want more Natalie Holt music and more of my boy Tom Hiddleston.