Fellowship of the Thing - Eltelia Research Team

Channelknight Fadran

17 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Is everyone ready?" A man in a sharp blue uniform watched them, looking absolutely exhausted. Lots of travelers this time of the month, after all.

Kris stuck two fingers up: a local sign meaning 'alright' or 'okay.' It was featured in various forms across universes, he'd found - thumbs, pinkies, middles. Always a good thing to learn, and a very important thing not to mess up.

"Alright then. Have a nice trip."

Barely a blink could pass between the officer tapping the chalk lines to activate the lattice and the group of them snapping into existence on the other side. They stood in an exactly identical circle, but now amidst a much smaller, less kempt sort of building. It looked almost like a shack, really: bamboo plank walls, triangular ceiling, a few grass and fern circles here and there to pump heat in. Another man in a similar uniform stood behind a wall, half-asleep against a desk - he snapped awake at their arrival, yelping quietly.

Kris stepped out of the circle. "Alright. Looks like we're here."

Cufre breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay, now what?"

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, 2EmLee2 said:

EmLee checks herself. “I’m still whole, I think. Unless I lost my eyes and all I’m seeing is a figment of my imagination.”

Gone stared, disturbed. He reached up to feel his eyeballs. "Is that possible?" he asked, deeply concerned.

2 hours ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Gone stared, disturbed. He reached up to feel his eyeballs. "Is that possible?" he asked, deeply concerned.

“Anything is possible if you try hard enough.”

Edited by 2EmLee2
Spelling

It was freezing outside. A harsh, biting wind came from the north. Kris quickly handed out all the heavy coats he'd brought along, along with little potted ferns radiating a small (but noticeable) amount of heat.

They had come out of a door built directly into the mountainside, overlooking a jagged cragscape of cliff and stone. Mountain after mountain stole at the horizon, shooting up past the clouds and covered in snow. From the foot each was coated in trees, and past there were the gleaming green fields - but up here that seemed miles away, and instead just the ice waited for them.

"Okay!" Kris had to speak loud to be heard in this wind. He reached into his pocket and brought out a single flower: a daisy, pressed onto a paper etched with symbols. With this he summoned the doorway to his supplies, cracking it open to glance at all the plants he'd needed to accumulate for this trip. "Who's going up and who's staying down?"

@Enter a username @PyroPhile @2EmLee2 @Shallan Stormblessed @The Aspiring Archivist @xinoehp512

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Kris turned to look at Gone. "I guess that just leaves you and the brothers here... do you think the three of you will be fine on your own?"

@The Aspiring Archivist

"I suppose so."

Without warning, Tacien walked over to the departing group.

Kris stood back up, looking to the mountaintop. "The way we're getting up this thing is with a number of vangar casting circles to provide oxygen, reduce our weight, help us cling to surfaces... in some cases even change gravity. But most importantly we need to set up several porter links along the way so we can get back down to the bottom as soon as we're finished at the top. The people staying here at the bottom will be in charge of activating the porter once we give the signal."

• 2 weeks later...