The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard got up and looked around him, disoriented for a moment. Then he realized where he was - at the roof of this... Mishmash Inn. Whatever that was. He looked beside him - Lightning was still fast asleep. Then he glanced to the side... And nearly jumped seeing a half-empty glass of wine beside him.

Apparently, he forgot to put it down somewhere downstairs. Or finish it, for that matter. He recalled how the glowing man created it ex nihilo. He breathed deeply, then concentrated, fixing his attention on the glass. Refill. He thought, commanding it. Refill!

The glass, annoyingly, stayed just as full as it was. He tried sensing its Ether flow - as per usual, it formed around the cup at its shape, leaving the regular grid-like flow. The wine inside had a circular pattern to it.

He concentrated again, trying to tell it to refill and... 

The glass jumped one foot upwards, spilling the wine inside on the way back down - though Galard managed to catch it before it broke. If anything, it was now less full.

He grumbled a bit. Not surprising, that he'll accidentally send the glass through the Ether lines instead of magically refilling it. At least he didn't send it to space.

He took the glass and went for the stairs, going down to get breakfast-

There were more people around now. True, most were turning in just now - since he came from another universe himself, he guessed they al were living on different time zones. Huh.

Fadran was nowhere to be seen, and neither was the glowing man. Or nearly anyone he conversed with the previous day. He sighed and went for the kitchen, hoping there will be something to eat.

Nath emerged from the shadows of another place and realm. Time passed differently for him in his mindscape and yet he knew when the day had risen in this other place. Perhaps his connection was stronger than he had thought. He ventured forth into the kitchen to see if anyone had made their way there.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The door, however, was wide open already.

"Another one?" Fadran peeked outside. "Hello there!"

Eliira jumped, then breathed out and smiled. "Erm, hi!" She turned to Zir'ii. "You never said I'd have to interact with other human beings!" She whispered furiously.

You never said you didn't want to. Zir'ii huffed to her mind. He burst into a ribbon of amber light and zipped past her and into the Inn.

"Hey! Wait! Uhm..." Eliira trailed off, remembering that there was, after all, another human at the door. "Eh, may I come in? My spren..." She glanced to Fadran's shoulder, where Zir'ii had reformed into a tiny dragon, invisible to his new chauffeur.  "Ehm, got us stuck here until the next moon cycle."

22 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath emerged from the shadows of another place and realm. Time passed differently for him in his mindscape and yet he knew when the day had risen in this other place. Perhaps his connection was stronger than he had thought. He ventured forth into the kitchen to see if anyone had made their way there.

Galard was looking around the cupboards when he heard someone enter. He turned. "Oh. It's you. I've just been looking for breakfast - not all of us can conjure things out of thin air." He opened another cupboard, finding eggs inside. "Oh, excellent." He took a pan and started cooking an omelette. "I'll still need to find out something for Lightning to eat, though..."

8 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard was looking around the cupboards when he heard someone enter. He turned. "Oh. It's you. I've just been looking for breakfast - not all of us can conjure things out of thin air." He opened another cupboard, finding eggs inside. "Oh, excellent." He took a pan and started cooking an omelette. "I'll still need to find out something for Lightning to eat, though..."

"Magic can solve some problems." The heat cooking the eggs modulates perfectly to cook the eggs quickly. "Especially in a place like this. It is also convenient when nourishment is not strictly necessary."

Just now, Nathrangking said:

"Magic can solve some problems." The heat cooking the eggs modulates perfectly to cook the eggs quickly. "Especially in a place like this. It is also convenient when nourishment is not strictly necessary."

Galard frowned at the fire, then looked at the glowing man. "Thank you." He got the omelette out of the pan as soon as it was done. "You mean, you don't need to eat? That would be convenient."

He put the plate on the table, and looked at it thoughtfully. "By the way, I don't believe we were officially acquainted? My name is Galard, I'm a professor to Ether studies at the University of Dragonstail."

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Galard frowned at the fire, then looked at the glowing man. "Thank you." He got the omelette out of the pan as soon as it was done. "You mean, you don't need to eat? That would be convenient."

He put the plate on the table, and looked at it thoughtfully. "By the way, I don't believe we were officially acquainted? My name is Galard, I'm a professor to Ether studies at the University of Dragonstail."

Nath produces two fine chairs of cherry wood and silk with no more than a thought. He sits in one and offers the other to Galard. "We have not been formally introduced. I am Nathrangking or Nath. I have gone by many titles and names however that is the one that I have gone by for the longest time."

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath produces two fine chairs of cherry wood and silk with no more than a thought. He sits in one and offers the other to Galard. "We have not been formally introduced. I am Nathrangking or Nath. I have gone by many titles and names however that is the one that I have gone by for the longest time."

Galard didn't sit yet. He stood, looking at his plate thoughtfully. "Hmm... Yeah, I guess, when you live this long, you tend to gather names." He snorted. "I wasn't originally from the city. When I reached there, some people preferred to shorten my name to 'Gal'. Can't say I was very fond of it." He seemed distracted. Then he looked up and said: "Can you either tell me where I can find red meat for my dragon? Or conjure some. He's going to need breakfast when he wakes up."

....You guys RP too much. I'm afraid important stuff is going to happen every time I leave.

Bookwyrm walked up to Fadran, who was talking to a young woman that had just entered the inn.

"Huh," Windaphra said.

"What?"

"She has a spren. Not sure what it means."

"Huh," Bookwyrm replied. Sometimes his Honorspren's ability to see other spren was invaluable.

@Channelknight Fadran

@Telrao

2 hours ago, Telrao said:

Eliira jumped, then breathed out and smiled. "Erm, hi!" She turned to Zir'ii. "You never said I'd have to interact with other human beings!" She whispered furiously.

You never said you didn't want to. Zir'ii huffed to her mind. He burst into a ribbon of amber light and zipped past her and into the Inn.

"Hey! Wait! Uhm..." Eliira trailed off, remembering that there was, after all, another human at the door. "Eh, may I come in? My spren..." She glanced to Fadran's shoulder, where Zir'ii had reformed into a tiny dragon, invisible to his new chauffeur.  "Ehm, got us stuck here until the next moon cycle."

"Hm? Oh, dear." Fadran glanced to where she was looking. There was definitely a presence there, though he couldn't see it. "You can certainly stay. Here." He handed her a key.

11 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm walked up to Fadran, who was talking to a young woman that had just entered the inn.

"Huh," Windaphra said.

"What?"

"She has a spren. Not sure what it means."

"Huh," Bookwyrm replied. Sometimes his Honorspren's ability to see other spren was invaluable.

@Channelknight Fadran

@Telrao

8 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tacien continued staring at the house without even looking at Rayvyn.

His brother spoke up. "The thing about Tacien is he can't really communicate in any direct way. So, he probably can't draw you something that tells a story you asked for. It's complicated, and we haven't really figured out where the line is drawn. It even seems like some days he can be a little more communicative, like how he held apart those drawings with his arms. On others, he just locks up."

Rayvyn nodded. "Interesting...and in all your years with him, you've never figured anything out?" A small smirk appears on her face. "Betcha we'll get it soon enough."

6 hours ago, Shadowed said:

“Hi! I’m Azra, this is Iyin. Um, nice to meet you…” Her torrent of conversation was slightly stilted by the knife gleaming in the girl’s hand. “What’s your name? And your knife? Does the knife have a name? All good weapons have names, I think.”

Yeah, uh...I'm now at a strange house instead of the inn, with the weird child, because teleportation can do that. We can have this conversation when I return from wherever I am!

In what many might consider to be a rather disconcerting fashion, a young man ambles out of one of the walls.  He doesn't seem to notice where he is at first, studying a book in his hands.  The shape of his knapsack and the rolls of paper sticking out of it seem to suggest that most of the sack is full of more books and maps.

He looks up, blinking.  "Oh.  Well, this is new," he says softly, closing his book with one finger to hold his place.

I RETURN!  

Howdy, I'm back!  Hope it's not too late to poke my character in here!  For those of you who might remember my previous characters, Gelwin here has no connection to either of them.

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tacien continued staring at the house without even looking at Rayvyn.

His brother spoke up. "The thing about Tacien is he can't really communicate in any direct way. So, he probably can't draw you something that tells a story you asked for. It's complicated, and we haven't really figured out where the line is drawn. It even seems like some days he can be a little more communicative, like how he held apart those drawings with his arms. On others, he just locks up."

Klave folded his arms, continuing to watch Tacien carefully. "Your words are convincing. But I'm afraid that I will not be convinced by words."

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn nodded. "Interesting...and in all your years with him, you've never figured anything out?" A small smirk appears on her face. "Betcha we'll get it soon enough."

"What do you mean?"

5 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave folded his arms, continuing to watch Tacien carefully. "Your words are convincing. But I'm afraid that I will not be convinced by words."

The brother was growing more and more exasperated. "What do you want, then?"

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

7 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave followed slowly, glancing briefly at Tacien.

Oddly, the boy's eyes were completely closed. However, he did not stumble as he stepped up the porch. His brother waited for him at the door, expression softened. He hoisted the boy into his arms. "Come on, I'll take you to your room."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Oddly, the boy's eyes her completely closed. However, he did not stumble as he stepped up the porch. His brother waited for him at the door, expression softened. He hoisted the boy into his arms. "Come on, I'll take you to your room."

Klave followed them inside, making sure to give them space.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The brother nodded, putting Tacien down. "What is it, kid?"

Tacien's eyes darted between his room and his brother.

Klave walked past the two brothers and opened the door to Tacien's room, peering inside.