The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

If you want to make one of the villains Rayvyn's employer just for fun, you could. Or I could also make one.

"He's too young for that. Most people don't start feeling that way until they're at least 8 or 9."

Edited by Aes Sedai

4 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Where do you come from where people start wanting to die when they're still children?"

"We don't get to be children. My world is...it's a harsh place. I would be blissfully dead now, were it not for my employer."

3 minutes ago, Shallan Stormblessed said:

Gone watches the proceedings. 

Someone needs help. I want to help him. He's a little boy, like me.

"Can I help?" he asked.

"Of course," Rayvyn says kindly, changing her tone and emotions in the blink of an eye.

Edited by Aes Sedai

2 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

"We don't get to be children. My world is...it's a harsh place. I would be blissfully dead now, were it not for my employer."

"Of course," Rayvyn says kindly, changing her tone and emotions in the blink of an eye.

"Have you... considered therapy?"

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Have you... considered therapy?"

"What's that?" Rayvyn asks, finally pulling her hood back and shaking out her short, feathery black hair. This might take a while.

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

"What's that?" Rayvyn asks, finally pulling her hood back and shaking out her short, feathery black hair. This might take a while.

"It's where you talk with a person about your emotions to understand why you feel the way you do. It helps with... people who think like you, sometimes."

Scud people.

I swear, it's 5 pages every time. Like, consistently.

Either that or I'm hallucinating. Still lots of pages.

"Fadran," Bookwyrm said, "I might be able to help with the portal. And I am coming." He paused for a moment, as if listening. "And so are my three companions."

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by The Bookwyrm

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It's where you talk with a person about your emotions to understand why you feel the way you do. It helps with... people who think like you, sometimes."

"You mean people just sit there and talk about what they feel?" Rayvyn chuckles. "We have better things to do. Besides, why would I need to know what I feel? I can control it easily enough, and that's what really matters."

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

"You mean people just sit there and talk about what they feel?" Rayvyn chuckles. "We have better things to do. Besides, why would I need to know what I feel? I can control it easily enough, and that's what really matters."

"I don't know if I can convince you of this, but people usually don't want to die all the time. And when they do, it's not treated as a normal thing and especially not a good thing."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I don't know if I can convince you of this, but people usually don't want to die all the time. And when they do, it's not treated as a normal thing and especially not a good thing."

Rayvyn shakes her head. "You people focus on the most bizarre things. Why do you all fear death so much, whether by your own hand or another's? It isn't a good thing, the same way eating old bread or not always winning at cards isn't a good thing. It's just a fact of life." She ponders for a moment, then shakes out of her thoughts. "How do we always end up talking about these things? We have a portal to make and a child to save."

34 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

As Scales stumbled over the rock, he had no idea that his clumsiness would lead to such unforeseen consequences. The ancient teleporter, long forgotten by time, activated with a loud hum, enveloping Scales in a bright light.

For a moment, the mischievous elf was disoriented, unsure of what was happening. But as the light began to fade, he found himself standing in a strange and unfamiliar place.

Panic set in as Scales realized he had no idea how to get back home. He had always been one for adventure, but this was an adventure he had not bargained for.

Pythor looked at the new comer and hissed a greeting, tongue slithering over his teeth in a hungering manner.

"Why hello there, how did you get here?"

Scales froze as he saw the large komodo dragon staring at him with hunger in its eyes. He had never encountered a creature like this before, and he had a feeling it was not friendly.

"Uh, I think I accidentally activated an ancient teleporter," Scales stammered, trying to back away slowly. "I didn't mean to end up here."

8 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn shakes her head. "You people focus on the most bizarre things. Why do you all fear death so much, whether by your own hand or another's? It isn't a good thing, the same way eating old bread or not always winning at cards isn't a good thing. It's just a fact of life." She ponders for a moment, then shakes out of her thoughts. "How do we always end up talking about these things? We have a portal to make and a child to save."

Marilyn shrugs. "I'm not sure how you got to this but I think you should understand that there is a middle ground between fear death and wanting death."

1 minute ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Scales froze as he saw the large komodo dragon staring at him with hunger in its eyes. He had never encountered a creature like this before, and he had a feeling it was not friendly.

"Uh, I think I accidentally activated an ancient teleporter," Scales stammered, trying to back away slowly. "I didn't mean to end up here."

If you want, he kinda looks like this...just ignore that it's legos

Spoiler

Pythor P. Chumsworth (Character) - Giant Bomb

Pythor's eyes narrow, sliding to almost slits.

"And how doess one accidentally activate an ancient teleporter with out knowing it?"

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Marilyn shrugs. "I'm not sure how you got to this but I think you should understand that there is a middle ground between fear death and wanting death."

Rayvyn ponders this for a long minute. "I was never given the chance to find this 'middle ground' you speak of, but I would like to believe that it exists," she finally says.

12 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

"Death may be a fact of life, but it shouldn't be so early."