The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Uh... What is the Mishmash Inn, exactly? Why did you let in a six-year-old with no supervision?"

"That's where we were just now. And...well, you know he's not exactly a normal six-year-old. Besides, there were much crazier things going on at the time."

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tacien did not take the hand, either. He simply stared at the house.

Klave studied the child, trying to read his expression.

"Uh... What is the Mishmash Inn, exactly? Why did you let in a six-year-old with no supervision?"

"I do not know. It is a place where many odd people seem to gather."

Just now, Aes Sedai said:

"That's where we were just now. And...well, you know he's not exactly a normal six-year-old. Besides, there were much crazier things going on at the time."

"Crazier things like what? Like dangerous things?"

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave studied the child, trying to read his expression.

"I do not know. It is a place where many odd people seem to gather."

Tacien's expression looked sad, maybe worried.

"Tacien is very unique, but he's still a child. I don't see what any of you all have to do with him."

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Tacien is very unique, but he's still a child. I don't see what any of you all have to do with him."

"I am concerned for him, as I have told you several times. Am I not supposed to be concerned for a child like Tacien? Who shows obvious signs of trauma? Whose brother shows up with no explanation as to how he found him, with a story that could be false?"

"Crazier things like what? Like dangerous things?"

"I don't know," Rayvyn admitted. "I'd only just gotten there myself. But I would have protected him if any of them had tried to hurt him." She hesitates, then decides to try a different tactic. "Tell me about his eyes. I've seen eyes of nearly every color," she blinks her own purple ones as if to prove it, "but never ones that change the way his do."

48 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"I am concerned for him, as I have told you several times. Am I not supposed to be concerned for a child like Tacien? Who shows obvious signs of trauma? Whose brother shows up with no explanation as to how he found him, with a story that could be false?"

"I had been asking around, some people said they'd seen him nearby. I stopped into the inn to ask if anyone had seen him. Look..." The brother sat down, apparently ready to talk for a while. "Tacien hasn't had an easy childhood. I'm sure you can imagine that. But we don't know what we can do for him. We've pretty much tried everything. It scared us all half to death when he disappeared. We didn't know if he would be able to handle himself. I mean, we didn't even know if he'd left or been taken."

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I had been asking around, some people said they'd seen him nearby. I stopped into the inn to ask if anyone had seen him. Look..." The brother sat down, apparently ready to talk for a while. "Tacien hasn't had an easy childhood. I'm sure you can imagine that. But we don't know what we can do for him. We've pretty much tried everything. It scared us all half to death when he disappeared. We didn't know if he would be able to handle himself. Hell, we didn't even know if he'd left or been taken."

Rayvyn doesn't sit, but she nods. "I believe you're his brother. But I think you're underestimating the things children can do, when they need to. Some of the things I've done, even at his age..." She gives a quick, tight smile. "Nevermind." She pulls out a notebook and pencil she brought along for this purpose. "Tacien...are you ready to tell us your story now?"

And now I leave, until tomorrow. Don't have too much fun without me.:D

3 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn doesn't sit, but she nods. "I believe you're his brother. But I think you're underestimating the things children can do, when they need to. Some of the things I've done, even at his age..." She gives a quick, tight smile. "Nevermind." She pulls out a notebook and pencil she brought along for this purpose. "Tacien... are you ready to tell us your story now?"

Tacien continued staring at the house without even looking at Rayvyn.

His brother spoke up. "The thing about Tacien is he can't really communicate in any direct way. So, he probably can't draw you something that tells a story you asked for. It's complicated, and we haven't really figured out where the line is drawn. It even seems like some days he can be a little more communicative, like how he held apart those drawings with his arms. On others, he just locks up."

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

His brother took them to their house, but everyone is still suspicious. Whether that suspicion is justified is TBD

1 minute ago, PyroPhile said:

Oh, sorry, I though that fell into the mild category that I'm pretty sure is permitted. I'll avoid it in the future, though.

Galard got up and looked around him, disoriented for a moment. Then he realized where he was - at the roof of this... Mishmash Inn. Whatever that was. He looked beside him - Lightning was still fast asleep. Then he glanced to the side... And nearly jumped seeing a half-empty glass of wine beside him.

Apparently, he forgot to put it down somewhere downstairs. Or finish it, for that matter. He recalled how the glowing man created it ex nihilo. He breathed deeply, then concentrated, fixing his attention on the glass. Refill. He thought, commanding it. Refill!

The glass, annoyingly, stayed just as full as it was. He tried sensing its Ether flow - as per usual, it formed around the cup at its shape, leaving the regular grid-like flow. The wine inside had a circular pattern to it.

He concentrated again, trying to tell it to refill and... 

The glass jumped one foot upwards, spilling the wine inside on the way back down - though Galard managed to catch it before it broke. If anything, it was now less full.

He grumbled a bit. Not surprising, that he'll accidentally send the glass through the Ether lines instead of magically refilling it. At least he didn't send it to space.

He took the glass and went for the stairs, going down to get breakfast-

There were more people around now. True, most were turning in just now - since he came from another universe himself, he guessed they al were living on different time zones. Huh.

Fadran was nowhere to be seen, and neither was the glowing man. Or nearly anyone he conversed with the previous day. He sighed and went for the kitchen, hoping there will be something to eat.

Yeah, I've layed the time zone thing a bit thick there. Sorry. 

I'm... Nit really used to this amount of players in an RP. Well, I guess that's tFotT to you: a bunch of random bored people in to have some fun. Good night to all those who go to sleep!

5 minutes ago, PyroPhile said:

For future reference: yes, mild swearing is allowed. I actually do a little myself depending on how heavy I need a scene to be. I don't plan on completely banning it in this exact RP, but I'll drop a bit in the OP to encourage clean-ish language down the line.

10 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn slips quietly away from the boy who won't talk. Honestly. How am I supposed to spy on people who won't talk, or talk to thin air? In search of someone who will, she sees a girl with a strange monkey-thing on her shoulder. "Hello," she says quietly.

@Shadowed

“Hi! I’m Azra, this is Iyin. Um, nice to meet you…” Her torrent of conversation was slightly stilted by the knife gleaming in the girl’s hand. “What’s your name? And your knife? Does the knife have a name? All good weapons have names, I think.”

Overnight, this thread turned from 5 pages to 16. I need to get ready for school, so if someone put something important in those 11 pages, I haven’t read it. Sorry!

31 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Overnight, this thread turned from 5 pages to 16. I need to get ready for school, so if someone put something important in those 11 pages, I haven’t read it. Sorry!

Hey, you must be closer to my time zone! European or asian, I guess?