The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Time for Season 2!

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm, somewhat startled, accepted the stranger's hand and shook it.

The stranger looked into Bookwyrm's face with his one eye that wasn't covered with an eyepatch. "My name's Klave. Pleasure to meet you. You know whose dragon that is out front?"

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The stranger looked into Bookwyrm's face with his one eye that wasn't covered with an eyepatch. "My name's Klave. Pleasure to meet you. You know whose dragon that is out front?"

"No," Bookwyrm replied. "But I'd be interested to find out, especially considering I've bonded several myself." Bookwyrm carefully watched for Klave's reaction.

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"No," Bookwyrm replied. "But I'd be interested to find out, especially considering I've bonded several myself." Bookwyrm carefully watched for Klave's reaction.

Klave nodded at this, obviously not surprised. "Yeah." He looked around the room, taking note of everyone in the quickly growing group. "It might be that guy."

1 hour ago, Shadowed said:

Azra jumped at the stranger, but swiftly recovered her composure. “Hi, nice to meet you! I’m Azra; this is Iyin. What’s your name? I’m sure we’ll be the best of friends!”

She wondered whether she had perhaps overdone it a little in the face of such a disconcerting method of arrival, but quickly dismissed the thought.

Nath's millennia-old golden form dims so as not to overpower mortal eyes. His fine garments of light shine with inner power. He turns toward the bubbly girl who addressed him. Nath bows slightly. "A pleasure to meet you Azra. My name is Nathrangking or Nath. It is always interesting to meet those who have learned how to travel in this place between the realms." He leaves the last part unanswered as the weight of the ages never quite escaped him though a small genuine smile plays across his face.

1 hour ago, Aes Sedai said:

A young girl in a cloak, seeming about 15, steps forward out of the shadows. There’s no telling how long she’s been standing there. She flips a knife out of her sleeve and studies it, hoping it’ll keep the multitude of people back. What a strange place.  

For a moment he turns his head and pierces the shadows locking eyes with the young girl concealed within before nodding and then turning away.

45 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm continued on his way, looking for whoever was in charge. He neared the front of the room, where there stood a man, a younger girl with a spider monkey, a mysterious small boy, and a figure that exuded a sense of ancientness.

@Shadowed @Ookla the Inverted @Nathrangking @Trutharchivist 

Nath turns toward the startled young man who was more than he appears and is followed by a creature of light. Nath does not show anything outwardly, but within he steels himself. "Tell me, why have you sought out Fadran and Icona?"

15 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave nodded at this, obviously not surprised. "Yeah." He looked around the room, taking note of everyone in the quickly growing group. "It might be that guy."

20 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Galard turned to the pair. "You must be talking about Lightning. He's mine, so to speak - my friend would be the most accurate phrase for that."

21 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Perhaps..."

Maybe we should have talked to the yellow dragon outside, Perideria said in his mind. She was a majestic shimmering green dragon descended from the dragons of Alagaesia, among others.

Let's not be hasty, Astyl intervened. He was an Everwing, a species of dragon native to Astrym, Bookwyrm's homeworld. Every native Astrian bonded one. Let's just gather information and talk to people before we make any big moves.

That was what I was suggesting, Astyl... Perideria replied.

The two dragons were soulmerged with Bookwyrm, meaning their bodies had temporarily lost substance and their minds resided beside his own. They could observe through his eyes and speak to him telepathically, but until they recalled their own forms, they wouldn't be able to take action.

"Shush, you two," Windaphra said, hearing their conversation through their shared bond with Bookwyrm.

It's not like they can hear us, Perideria replied.

"Yeah, but mister Worldseer here needs to talk to people."

Bookwyrm hid a smile at his bonds' banter.

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard turned to the pair. "You must be talking about Lightning. He's mine, so to speak - my friend would be the most accurate phrase for that."

Well, there's your answer, Bookwyrm said mentally to his three companions.

"Interesting," he said aloud to Galard. "Do you have a magical bond with him, or is it just a bond of friendship?"

9 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Nath turns toward the startled young man who was more than he appears and is followed by a creature of light. Nath does not show anything outwardly, but within he steels himself. "Tell me, why have you sought out Fadran and Icona?"

Bookwyrm blinked. "Who?"

I'm making a little entourage for myself...and if this character seems really similar to my Insanity Clinic character, that's because they're basically the same person.

Sort of.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Perhaps..."

Maybe we should have talked to the yellow dragon outside, Perideria said in his mind. She was a majestic shimmering green dragon descended from the dragons of Alagaesia, among others.

Let's not be hasty, Astyl intervened. He was an Everwing, a species of dragon native to Astrym, Bookwyrm's homeworld. Every native Astrian bonded one. Let's just gather information and talk to people before we make any big moves.

The two dragons were soulmerged with Bookwyrm, meaning their bodies had temporarily lost substance and their minds resided beside his own. They could observe through his eyes and speak to him telepathically, but until they recalled their own forms, they wouldn't be able to take action.

"Shush, you two," Windaphra said, hearing their conversation through their shared bond with Bookwyrm.

"Interesting," he said aloud to Galard. "Do you have a magical bond with him, or is it just a bond of friendship?"

Bookwyrm blinked. "Who?"

Nath's gaze does not waver. His mask stays firmly about him. He saw and heard what this man's companion said, but does not react. "Fadran is an old friend and  the one who forged this mindscape. Icona is the deity whom he follows. They are the ones whom a friend of yours might think that you should speak to." He vaguely nods in Windaphra's direction.

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Perhaps..."

Bookwyrm blinked. "Who?"

"Not... A magical bond, I'm afraid." Said Galard, a bit perplexed. "In the valley I come from, there's a tradition of raising dragon and human children together. Some form companionships for the rest of our lives - though dragons tend to live longer."

4 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Not... A magical bond, I'm afraid." Said Galard, a bit perplexed. "In the valley I come from, there's a tradition of raising dragon and human children together. Some form companionships for the rest of our lives - though dragons tend to live longer."

Klave's eye showed a hint of surprise as he looked at Galard again. "The dragon's your friend? You were raised with him? Things must be more different here than I'd assumed."

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave's eye showed a hint of surprise as he looked at Galard again. "The dragon's your friend? You were raised with him? Things must be more different here than I'd assumed."

"'Here' is a very general term." Said Galard. "Me and Lightning... We're not exactly from around here. We just followed an Ether thread with a message about Mishmash Inn."

Meanwhile, Lightning raised his head and huffed. Galard was gone for long enough, and he was stick outside, away from all the action! True, he was a tad to big to enter, but...

He stepped toward the house, stopping with his eye looking theough a window. When he found Galard he said, in dragonish: "Come on, Galard, how long is this going to take? Is this the right place or not?"

Galard turned his face to the window. "The host here seems to be busy! You'll have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid."

Galard turned back to his interlocurs, while Lightning growled and settled back to the ground. "The fact most human settlements around outside our home valley aren't too ready to host dragons kind of weighs on him. That reminds me, though... Do you know where our host is?"

Weird character building: in Galard's origin town, Dragons speak regularly, but due to how their throats and all that are built, they can't make the same sounds humans do. Same with humans, who can't make dragon sounds, so they both understand each other's language but can't really speak it. I guess both languages will be very similar, though, so other people might've understood some of it.

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

"'Here' is a very general term." Said Galard. "Me and Lightning... We're not exactly from around here. We just followed an Ether thread with a message about Mishmash Inn."

Meanwhile, Lightning raised his head and huffed. Galard was gone for long enough, and he was stick outside, away from all the action! True, he was a tad to big to enter, but...

He stepped toward the house, stopping with his eye looking theough a window. When he found Galard he said, in dragonish: "Come on, Galard, how long is this going to take? Is this the right place or not?"

Galard turned his face to the window. "The host here seems to be busy! You'll have to wait a bit longer, I'm afraid."

Galard turned back to his interlocurs, while Lightning growled and settled back to the ground. "The fact most human settlements around outside our home valley aren't too ready to host dragons kind of weighs on him. That reminds me, though... Do you know where our host is?"

Klave shook his head slowly. "Afraid not. I'm as new here as you are." Noticing a boy curled up on the ground, Klave walked over and knelt next to him. "Hello there child. What's your name?"

@Ookla the Inverted

Klave shook his head slowly. "Afraid not. I'm as new here as you are." Noticing a boy curled up on the ground, Klave walked over and knelt next to him. "Hello there child. What's your name?"

@Ookla the Inverted

The boy took a shuddering breath, and did not speak or look up.

Stuff with my character is going to be pretty slow until someone can figure out his deal.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

The boy took a shuddering breath, and did not speak or look up.

Klave frowned. "It's my face, isn't it? I know, I know. I'm hideous. It could be the cloak, I suppose The eyepatch? Oh, I've got it. It's the sword. That makes sense. People hate talking to guys with swords. We're violent and unpredictable, you see." Taking the sword off his back, Klade sat down next to the child, watching him carefully to see any response.

Klave frowned. "It's my face, isn't it? I know, I know. I'm hideous. It could be the cloak, I suppose The eyepatch? Oh, I've got it. It's the sword. That makes sense. People hate talking to guys with swords. We're violent and unpredictable, you see." Taking the sword off his back, Klade sat down next to the child, watching him carefully to see any response.

The boy looked up, locking his eyes on Klave's one. They shifted in color as he did, between all different vibrant hues. The boy continued to sit, staring at the man questioningly.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

The black mosquito flitted silently over to the boy, landing on his skin and extending its proboscis to drink his blood.

Without even looking at where the mosquito was, the boy smacked it to get it off his skin.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

The boy looked up, locking his eyes on Klave's one. They shifted in color as he did, between all different vibrant hues. The boy continued to sit, staring at the man questioningly.

Rayvyn walked over to the group. She had nothing against adults, dragons, or people reacting to things she couldn’t see or hear, but it made spying much harder. 

She blinked in surprise at his eyes, her own purple irises widening. “Hello,” she said. 

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Without even looking at where the mosquito was, the boy smacked it to get it off his skin.

The mosquito lifted off, dodging the attack and flitting over to the girl that had just walked over, landing on her back and beginning to drink.

@Aes Sedai

Edited by xinoehp512

4 minutes ago, Aes Sedai said:

Rayvyn walked over to the group. She had nothing against adults, dragons, or people reacting to things she couldn’t see or hear, but it made spying much harder. 

She blinked in surprise at his eyes, her own purple irises widening. “Hello,” she said. 

His eyes snapped to her, changing from an emerald green to a purple similar to hers. They were curious and piercing, but he said nothing.

Edited by Ookla the Inverted

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Inverted said:

Klave raised what little he had left of an eyebrow. “Those eyes of yours are interesting. Is there a story behind them? I’d love to hear it, if you want to tell me.”

Just now, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Klave raised what little he had left of an eyebrow. “Those eyes of yours are interesting. Is there a story behind them? I’d love to hear it, if you want to tell me.”

He looked down, growing tense. Something about what Klave had said seemed to bother him.

Just now, Ookla the Inverted said:

He looked down, growing tense. Something about what Klave had said seemed to bother him.

“You don’t like telling stories? Or maybe it’s just this one you dislike.” Klave nodded, gaze drifting towards the window, where he could still see the dragon outside. “I can understand that. Not all stories are nice ones.”

37 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Galard walked toward the slightly going person. "Excuse me," he said. "I thought I heard you say you know the person that created this place, or something similar?"

Nath turns toward Galard. "I do. He's an old friend."

The description is correct. He is a slightly glowing male humanoid. 

Edited by Nathrangking

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

“You don’t like telling stories? Or maybe it’s just this one you dislike.” Klave nodded, gaze drifting towards the window, where he could still see the dragon outside. “I can understand that. Not all stories are nice ones.”

He continued watching Nameless, but he eventually began to untense and his breath grew slower and more regulated. He looked like he wanted to tell Klave something, but his mouth did not open to speak.