Favorite Quotes in AoL *(Will Probably Contain Spoilers)*

PeterAhlstrom

I gave Brandon a list at the Sam Weller's signing that had some great ones on it. Here's a copy of them in case it's gotten lost.

*someone else moves us

*rust and ruin

*this isn't the roughs, wax

*rust on my arms

*never give in, never let yourself be tempted (never give in)

*Lawmakers are a special alloy

*the point is harmony

*Now we're buring

(He really seemed to like that last one, and "rust and ruin" since he used them a few times.)

There are several hundred more to sign, though, so I'd say this question is still valid. ;) I'll flip around and see what I can find. My favorite line from the book is Sazed's "You're welcome," but that seems kind of odd for a signing quote.

There were three that just jumped out at me. All of them came from Wayne.

"Huh. Tea's poisoned."

Marasi: "Dare I ask what [the cloud area] is?"

Wayne: "The white, puffy things that float high above the fruitful land where the seeds are planted."

"I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."

Oh, and is anyone else amused that Spook's Eastern street slang dialect is considered High Imperial during AoL?

my dad has just borrowed my copy, so I can't quote it exactly, but there's a bit where Marasi tells Wayne basically "I think you deserve to get blown up every now and again." I'm not sure that's appropriate for signing a book with though.

“He’s fine,” Wayne said, holding the door open for them. “I got quite near my entire rusted back blown off earlier, if you’ll kindly recall, and I didn’t hear nearly an ounce of the sympathy you’re showin’ him.”

“That’s different,” Marasi said, walking past him.

“What? Why? ’Cuz I can heal?”

“No,” she said, “because—even after knowing you only a short time—I’m fairly certain that on one level or another, you deserve to get blown up every now and again.”

“Oi,” Wayne said. “That’s harsh.”

“But untrue?” Waxillium said, pulling on his coat. It was looking quite ragged.

“Didn’t say that now, did I,” Wayne said, and sneezed. “Keep moving, slowboy. Rusts! A man gets shot, and he thinks he can take all afternoon. Let’s move!”

I would use this part for the book signing "because—even after knowing you only a short time—I’m fairly certain that on one level or another, you deserve to get blown up every now and again.”

Edited by discipleofhoid

As an FYI, my post wasn't originally in the thread started by Peter. Peter's post, as you can see, was intended to solicit ideas of things for Brandon to write as he signed books. My thought was just as the thread title suggests - your favorite quotes.

An admin thought that the two threads should be merged, so they were. :)

Oh, and is anyone else amused that Spook's Eastern street slang dialect is considered High Imperial during AoL?

I certainly was.

I really liked:

"I served it too," Miles called. "But now I serve something better. The essence of the law, but mixed with real justice. An alloy, Wax. The best parts of both made into one."

Any piece of that would be cool. I really like how the title payed off.

• 4 years later...

There were three that just jumped out at me. All of them came from Wayne.

"Huh. Tea's poisoned."

Marasi: "Dare I ask what [the cloud area] is?"

Wayne: "The white, puffy things that float high above the fruitful land where the seeds are planted."

"I bought a ward against [logic] off a traveling fortune-teller. It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."

That cloud one...I FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY WHEN I READ THAT...Harmony's copperminds, Wayne is HILARIOUS.

• Chaos locked this topic