3 hours ago, Madagascar said:

*Moff pops his head out of a bottle of whiskey*
Wonder I do if voting for Fifth will get Mat to stop accusing of conspiring with him, I do.

One way to find out, right? Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

*Moff’s blood alcohol content 100% is*

If that’s the only reason you’re voting Fifth, then no. No it won’t :P.

Drake, is there like, a reason you’re voting Alv? Cause if that train had any reasoning to begin with I completely missed it.

1. I have secured pinch-hitters. In the event that Turtle and JNV require replacement, they will be subbed in.

2. Rule Clarification:

• Players with no actions will not be told they were redirected. Players who took an action will generally receive a message from me of this format: "You successfully did X to Y!" Y will tell you if you were redirected. The success message tells you you were not roleblocked. And yes, this does mean that Hael was told he successfully killed/used Force Drain on Hael =)

• Apprentices will flip as Apprentices. No Apprentices have yet died.

Edited by Kasimir

4 hours ago, Ookla the Tall said:

If that’s the only reason you’re voting Fifth, then no. No it won’t :P.

Given that exactly zero Cultists the past 4 days of logic and reasoning we have managed to execute, as good a reason to start as any seems to me. Though true it is that an F Moff got in Jedi Logic 101.

5 hours ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Drake, is there like, a reason you’re voting Alv? Cause if that train had any reasoning to begin with I completely missed it.

yea have like 4

• refusal to vote and stuff when he is around, which while amusing isn’t a great fit of my profile of village!Alvron
  • the Fifth vote is still bad imo, honestly it feels a little like maybe none of you actually read the contents of my defenses of Fifth and just mentally filed it as a suspicious defense :P nobody has responded to my points, despite being quite happy to view the fact that the defense existed as alignment indicative
  • Alvron has survived one too many votes, and in particular I can’t completely ignore your vote in contraposition to the possibility of an Alvron execution, not when you said it was because there was no reasoning to execute Alvron and then voted Bookwyrm, because I don’t really remember me or any of the other Bookwyrm voters from providing any substantive reasoning against Bookwyrm like at all :P
  • Hael was doing almost exactly the distancing things to Alvron, which I pointed out last cycle

“Everyone, if I may have metaphorical a soap box for a minute,”

Dr. Dacken Humtumb raised his voice.

“I have been hearing a great many folks voicing concerns about the increasing gizka population hereabouts. Why, some of you even appear to regret the loss of the HK exterminator unit! Madness! It tried to exterminate me! Still, as I am a patient and benevolent doctor, I would like to address these concerns. In particular, some of you have stated that the gizka are an invasive species, and pose a threat to the indigenous ecology.”

Dacken looked meaningfully at the ecologist amongst them. Or at least, he tried to. Where had the ecologist gotten to? This speech wouldn’t have nearly the same impact without him, Dacken pouted. But the only thing left to do was forge on.

“This is a serious accusation against the gizka, and consequently I take it seriously. I would not want to see nature subverted, after all, no! I assure you the preservation of nature is chiefest of my concerns! But if your concern is for the natural ecosystem of Korriban… Well, I would challenge your assumptions! You know what they say, when you assume, you make an ass out of you and mmmmm. And I’m sure I don’t know who mmmmm is, but you probably don’t want to make an ass out of yourself, now, do you?”

“Anyways, where was I? Right, Korriban’s natural ecosystem. Well. What natural ecosystem??? Look around you!”

Dacken spoke at a fevered pitch, sweeping his hand expansively to gesture at the hostile scenery around him. Narrowly dodging a stray blaster bolt from a gizka in the process, which left a black scorch mark in the rock it collided with and a lingering smell of burnt and ozone.

“Whatever natural ecosystem lived on Korriban has long since perished, choked to extinction or sculpted and reshaped over centuries of human interference. The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many creatures that some would consider… Unnatural. Why, just two days ago my gambling partner got bisected by a great big terentek!”

“That is why I think gizka should be as welcome on Korriban as anything else. Everything’s a bit unnatural here! What’s a few extra gizka? Think of it less like an invasive species, and more like nature reclaiming a place in the wake of a natural disaster. A place that has not been allowed to sustain most kinds of life for quite some time. A place where the old, dead shrines of the sith are more important than living creatures, hah! Enough, says I! And besides that, do you really think the gizka pose a genuine ecological threat to such large predators like tu’kata, shyracks, terenteks?? I am more than confident that the Sith-bred creatures can look after themselves. Gizka are hardy, surprisingly intelligent, and above all cute… But they’re also pretty harmless. I really can’t think of a better critter to be the salvation Korriban.”

“AND THAT IS WHY,” Dacken continued, “It is such a travesty, what has been done to my sweet little gizka. Yet again, nature has been co-opted by humanity for their own dubious designs! Yet again, the gizka are a scapegoat!”

Dacken ducked under a fresh stream of blaster fire that seemed to follow him. Big, fat drops of sweat rolled down his face. He was not well-suited to this athleticism and acrobatics, no. Dodging blaster fire was so uncivilized for a learned gentleman such as Dr. Dacken Humtumb. Most physical labor was, but that was besides the point.

“Come on, Waggs! Fight it! I know you’re in there somewhere!!!” Dacken pleaded.

“Join me now, fellow inhabitants of Dreshdae. We must disarm the gizka, without hurting them. That is the only way we can truly resolve this conundrum. That is the only way to show we are better than this.”

”And besides, who knows what fighting the beasties will do? Gizkas have so many untapped depths. They multiply like gizka. If you incite the gizka to wrath more than you already have, I would not be so sure that humanity would emerge as the victors! Contemplate that for a moment!”

”I will be here, ready and poised to disarm any live, armed, and unharmed gizka you can safely subdue and deliver,” Dacken brandished a screwdriver. “Now, get to it! Give peace a chance!”

Edited by DrakeMarshall
The Necessary Addendum of Gizka RP

Ok heres a look at Haelbardes posts summary

C1

First post is mostly diegetic strongly against claiming but not really much connection a joking vote on Madagascar but I dont give that too much credit

Second post is just commentary on error in vote count

C2

First post thinks xinoehps vote count error is weird voted there expresses pro Fifth sentiment but like to be fair those votes were mostly nothing at the time

Second post is a vote count with no commentary

Third post is formatting comments on the vote count

C3

First post response to Ashbringer request to explain votes suspicion of xinoehp didnt like other options cause weak and illfounded wants more from Alvron

Second post big compendium of vote movements then a vote on Silhouete for little reason beyond just wanting to clear it all

I feel like I just made a low quality version of Drakes C4 post but yeah I feel like any interaction with anyone is less Dasann indicative evil indicative sure but the Sith and sort of also the Jedi need expert distancing or they die together so Im discounting Alvron and Fifth as Dasann could still be cultists though just not sith lords slight lean against Matrim Wizard Madagascar being Sith lords for similar slightly less reasoning Matrim for poking Haelbarde Wizard cause they voted xinoehp too Madagascar cause Haelbarde poked them

Leaving Ashbringer Drake Fadran Turtle though I lean against Turtle for not being around last cycle

Ashbringer notable for starting the Fifth vote seeing the pile on and retracting then annoyance next cycle about how everything was about Fifth and also for not mentioning Haelbarde besides the post mentioning everyone like if the Sith are going for the distance distance distance strategy this is really a perfect way to do it

Drake Ill be honest their strong Fifth position doesnt read like ooh Ill distance with my Sith partner it reads genuine and also I agree with them a good amount not sure about the Alvron case but yeah Im not really considering them for Sith right now

Fadran well look I just dont see their behavior coming from a person whos only job is to try to stay alive at all costs with Haelbarde chatting with them 

I just want to say Ashbringer I dont really suspect you all that much in isolation its just your interaction or lack there of with Haelbarde matches perfectly what Id expect from a Sith and your Fifth bit was shaky and the retraction felt odd and honestly we cant rely on Jedi and apprentices to redirect to self to eliminate the Sith cause thatll take out cultists until theyre out of cultists to burn so yeah Im really doing this for discussion if you or anyone sees incorrect assumptions reasoning et cetera pelase let me know but yeah Ashbringer 

And like this isnt a normal game we dont care about the cultists beyond just trying to dodge successor issues and the whole point of a successor is they arent going to pick someone well just vote out the Sith dont care about cultists and like with the vote counts its  fairly obvious they havent been threatened enough so yeah thats my case thats my argument please pick holes in it Im not actually that comfortable with it 

Hamartano heard a faint buzzing in his earpiece. It was the first signal he had from it for days, after the attack on the comms device. He turned the knob, hearing the whining noise of static—then, through the haze of noise, a voice calling clearly. He paused. A frequency he wasn’t used to, yet unmistakably transmitting something. “Hamartano, over.” There was a second’s pause.

“It’s time. Over.” 

Elation sprang up in Hamartano’s chest. “Copy!” he yelled, his exhilaration carrying his voice over the loud revving of his bike’s engine. He tore the earpiece out and shoved it in his jacket. The bike tore away out of the desert sands, the bolts of the now-armed gizka falling harmlessly past him. Hamartano was brooking no delay. The bike rattled as he pushed the accelerator as far down as it could go, and only when the engine started cutting and choking did he reduce its speed. He was still tearing up ground, though, and jumped off his still-speeding bike as it came in front of the now-familiar bar. Sahje looked aghast at the unmanned vehicle; at least, he did until its retreating form trampled a row of ten gizka as it screeched to a standing halt, gleaming in the sun. The gizka stood up, disoriented and disarmed but very much not dead. Humtumb the gizka man ran forward to grab them up, and Hamartano shook his head slightly. Well, he could occupy himself with what he pleased. More important matters were ahead. He strode in. 

Glares greeted his arrival. Apparently, doing in the shifty local ecologist hadn’t done wonders for his reputation. He briefly considered whether the homicide could also be classified as a breach of the Codes, then swept the errant thought aside as he mounted the tallest stool and pulled out his blaster, pointing it squarely at Smarts, the technician. Hands scrambled for weapons elsewhere in the seats, but Hamartano was ahead of them. He flipped the catch above the trigger, and the length of the blaster shrank, contracting into itself. The trigger folded in, becoming a simple button lever, which the swoop gangster pulled with a flick of his thumb, sending out a blinding blue rod of light. The two shots which had been fired at him were deflected into the roof and the ground below him. Hamartano was not interested in further casualties. Yet. Lightsaber in hand, he addressed the group. 

“I am on the Jedi Council,” he proclaimed. “And we have decided it is time to show ourselves to you once more.” He pointed at Nees Bac, who he acknowledged with a smile, the first Hamartano had cracked in ages. It was good to drop the false animosity. “The Jawa man has been my helper here. A little short, but the Council thought he’d do alright. And he has. Saved that one—” he now jabbed his finger at Turtle—“from some Sith a couple days ago. He’s been the one actively fighting them, you know. Had the nerve to put me on reconnaissance, saying the Force would guide him to his needed targets. I guess it has. Me, I just rely on Old Faithful here.” He patted his lightsaber hilt. “That said, the both of us have been doing some watching and messing around with the Force, and we’ve got news.

“GIZKA MAN!” he hollered, and Humtumb stumbled in. A thumb flew in his direction. “Gizka man is not one of those Desaan types we’re supposed to be hunting. Neither is the midget”— he pointed directly at Moff—“or the quieter guy there”—his finger alighted on Kalabel. “And unless the Sith have gone even more Force-mad, it ain’t Turtle either. Doesn’t stop ‘em from being in league with the unsavoury types, but it does leave us with only a few people to check.” He retracted his blade and jumped down. “Jev. Smarts. Lib. KD. One of ’em wants me and Nees dead. Reckon it’s Smarts, from my sense of the guy, but it’s never too soon to be exploring other people too. I ain’t never felt good about Lib, and KD has been tailing Smarts too much for my liking anyway. One of ‘em wants to try me, they can come at me. I’ll be ready with this guy.” He flourished the lightsaber and ignited it once more, twirling outside and sending four blasts deflected into the hearts of the gizka jumping up and down near the entrance. “But till then y’all gotta make some choices.”

In case my RP was not clear: @Alvron and I are the Jedi. I, like Anakin before me, am not particularly good at this :P Alv has been better, and submitted the Force Sense that saved Turtle C2. (I’ll let you guess how he chose a target :P) We both agreed on Hael C3 and managed to get a Sith even though I’ve been doing much more terribly in-thread with my analysis. And sorry about that show we put on yesterday. It was kinda necessary to make sure we were both under enough lynch pressure to not get hit till our Force Senses recharged. 

We will be protecting each other this cycle, so Elims don’t even try to hit us (or do ;)), and we also have a “cleared” list. These are people who for whatever reason could not be Desaan Reborn. Note: they can still be cultists!! These are mechanical clears based on our action results. This group is @DrakeMarshall, @Madagascar, @Ashbringer. Turtle is also clear by virtue of his being attacked C2. This leaves Matrim, Fadran, Wizard, and JNV as options for the last Desaan Reborn, with weaker suspicion on JNV than the other three due to activity patterns and tone. 

Please make something of all this information, because I have not been able to :P and also stop trying to kill me >>

B848859C-B2C6-4A6D-A815-510415B4E4BF.gif

25 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

These are people who for whatever reason could not be Desaan Reborn. Note: they can still be cultists!! These are mechanical clears based on our action results. This group is @DrakeMarshall, @Madagascar, @Ashbringer.

Can I ask how they’re cleared? The only thing I can think of is that you redirected them to themselves and nothing happened, but assuming Hael submitted every kill that doesn’t mean anything since there were two starting Desann.

Though I suppose if you didn’t manip D1-2 that also clears whoever you redirected those days, but that should leave someone for D3 at least. Or D4, whichever.

I don’t want to burst your bubble but it’d be a pain if the Desann got mistakenly cleared :P

Also, if you feel like you can answer this— how do you feel about dueling? Cause you’re one up on the Desann and it’s be really cool :ph34r: Not me specifically cause that’d be a waste regardless of the result (I think I’d be forced to purposely throw tbh) but it might be worth it. Or not, idk your view on that.

I want to take a look at your shortlist but I think out of those I’d most vote Fadran? 

11 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

In case my RP was not clear: @Alvron and I are the Jedi.

heck yea!

uh

also

it turns out one of my stronger reasons for trusting you was actually very off base

but alls well that ends well :P

i do not think this could reasonably be a lie

or at least, if it is, it isn't a very good one at all :P

Alvron

9 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

we also have a “cleared” list. These are people who for whatever reason could not be Desaan Reborn. Note: they can still be cultists!! These are mechanical clears based on our action results. This group is @DrakeMarshall, @Madagascar, @Ashbringer.

heck yea!! x2 combo!!

uh

can I ask specifically how/why the three of us are in the clear though?

I don't particularly doubt you, but I have been burnt by believing it when someone else said a player was mechanically cleared, when they were not, and well I am not the most anxious for a repeat performance. Getting more eyes on this information could not hurt.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Though I suppose if you didn’t manip D1-2 that also clears whoever you redirected those days, but that should leave someone for D3 at least. Or D4, whichever.

We did not manip D1-2 (in fact we have not done so all game), and were Force Pushing like madmen. Two of these people are cleared for that reason, a third is a different mechanical clear for a reason not pertaining to our actions but rather something that happened to us. We know how it happened, which is why we are clearing the person in question. We also do not want to reveal more information because it might have a chance at biting the Elims in the behind :P 

heck yea!! x2 combo!!

uh

can I ask specifically how/why the three of us are in the clear though?

See above. 

it turns out one of my stronger reasons for trusting you was actually very off base

Now I’m curious :P 

Also, if you feel like you can answer this— how do you feel about dueling? Cause you’re one up on the Desann and it’s be really cool :ph34r: Not me specifically cause that’d be a waste regardless of the result (I think I’d be forced to purposely throw tbh) but it might be worth it. Or not, idk your view on that.

The thought has entered our heads, let’s just say :P 

30 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Now I’m curious :P

Let's just say I thought you might be one of the Jedi but did not expect Alvron to be the other one

The thought has entered our heads, let’s just say :P 

Spoiler

300wcp.jpg

We also do not want to reveal more information because

See, this is exactly what I was worried about >>

The Force Pushing makes good sense to me, I think, but I can't think of an obvious way that this works for your alleged other method, which makes me.. have some concerns

I don't really have a choice but to go with it and take you at your word if you won't share more, but I have doubts that it's a 100% hard mechanical clear and not something more circumstantial, so please at least do me a favor and revisit that it might not be ironclad. Basically, please avoid betting all your chips in one malaphorical basket :P whatever that looks like

Is there a particular reason you chose to reveal this cycle?

Vote Tally
Fifth Scholar (2): Madagascar, Ookla the [Redacted]
Ashbringer (1): JNV

We are clearly going to need a new vote, but I need some time to think.

EDIT:

Why the Force is there a taco in my palpatine meme??? Why was that the top google images result????? Who okayed this????

You know what

I'm keeping it

Edited by DrakeMarshall

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Let's just say I thought you might be one of the Jedi but did not expect Alvron to be the other one

Reveal hidden contents

300wcp.jpg

See, this is exactly what I was worried about >>

The Force Pushing makes good sense to me, I think, but I can't think of an obvious way that this works for your alleged other method, which makes me.. have some concerns

I don't really have a choice but to go with it and take you at your word if you won't share more, but I have doubts that it's a 100% hard mechanical clear and not something more circumstantial, so please at least do me a favor and revisit that it might not be ironclad. Basically, please avoid betting all your chips in one malaphorical basket :P whatever that looks like

Is there a particular reason you chose to reveal this cycle?

Vote Tally
Fifth Scholar (2): Madagascar, Ookla the [Redacted]
Ashbringer (1): JNV

We are clearly going to need a new vote, but I need some time to think.

I am going to ask that you trust Alvron and I enough to have confidence in our own abilities and how they interact with things. Our clears are clear. We would not have identified them as such otherwise. :P One of the four left is a bit of a failed clear, if that makes you feel any better. We are not just throwing around actions and saying “guess it’s not them.” Our biggest trump over the eliminators was our identity, which I’ve given up to publicise the analysis and make sure this cycle doesn’t turn into a two-way train on us. I am not relinquishing our second trump of our specific action strategies, particularly when there are possible cultists in the “clear” pool who would love to avail themselves of an opportunity to guess how we’re thinking. 

Why we’re revealing now? Force Sense is recharged (we claim, enjoy your IKYKs Elims B)), thread is getting devoured by unnecessary focus on us and general malaise so this puts some life into it, and we have the pool narrow enough that we figure we can strategically kill through it faster than we ourselves will die :P 

So I had a think, and I have some New Conclusions™

Of the folks that Fifth gave us [Matrim, Fadran, Wizard, JNV]

Matrim's Dice.

My reasons are as follows:

• Matrim's behavior before Fifth's reveal. In light of both Devotary's village alignment flip right after majorly sussing Fifth, and Fifth's reveal, I think it is obvious that the eliminator team had intended to frame Fifth this cycle. I do not believe for an instant that the eliminator team didn't kill Devotary with an awareness in mind of what Devotary had been posting about last cycle, and what's more frame-ups are clearly in-character for this eliminator team in light of how they've used their vote manips. So, what would I expect an eliminator to be doing early on this cycle? Well, probably not leading the charge on Fifth, tbh. That completely defeats the purpose of an indirect frame-up. If they wanted to just push the votes through the simple way, they should have just left Devotary alive and killed somebody else. I'd wager they would be more likely to hold off on voting, but would maybe helping along the conclusion they wanted in other ways. Matrim has thus far been pretty active but has abstained from voting. And I don't even think this can be explained by having no leads or being uncertain, because Matrim saw enough reason to do a focused post about Madagascar and vote for them last cycle, and even verbally affirmed that this suspicion is still going strong this cycle. So if you aren't at a loose end, you aren't uncertain or discontent with where things are, but you also don't appear quite as invested in the voting... Why? It's hard not to read that as somewhat calculated. This isn't LyLo (this game doesn't even really have a LyLo), but it reminds me of the kind of activity I see from eliminators at LyLo when they are trying to shoehorn in their pick. He also repeatedly brought up the lack of reasoning on the Alvron vote, the only other vote at the time, which not only subtly encouraged a Fifth execution to go down smoothly today, but also feels like a lack of effort to actually go look when reasoning for the Alvron vote had absolutely been given last cycle.
  • Matrim's vote for Bookwyrm last cycle. As previously mentioned, Matrim voted for Bookwyrm mainly with the reasoning that the votes on Alvron lacked reasons. This is persistently very weird to me, because the Bookwyrm vote was definitely much less explicitly reasoned than any potential Alvron vote. At best, this feels like a desire to have a vote without a lot of concern about what that vote is.
  • Matrim's response to D1 discussion about cultist promotion. Matrim indicated that he had not been aware that the rules allowed a cultist to promote to gain the ability to make kills in the event of a Dasann Reborn's death. On second consideration, I am going to press X to doubt. For one, I do have some faith in Matrim's attentiveness to detail. But more to the point, Matrim's first post of the game announced that he had just reread the rules, and also specifically made a prediction about the number of cultists and asked other people to weigh in on that. In other words, he had literally just been reading the rules, and specifically the ones about cultists. A few posts later he acts unaware of how cultists work, which I think stretches plausibility by a significant amount for me. I read this as an eliminator attempt to garner village cred.
  • Process of Elimination.
    • If Alvron is village, I feel there ought to be somebody else on the eliminator team who would engage in / suggest the slightly headgame-y kill doctrine I've seen. I don't know about the other three that much, but I am reasonably confident Matrim would.
    • I also feel that the eliminators would have some kind of thread control, and Matrim is verily the best candidate on that count. The other people who have been consistently pivoting votes are basically confirmed village from where I'm standing. And I am skeptical of the narrative where the eliminator team has no significant thread control, if only because of the village's poor track record at executing evils :P

I dunno. Maybe I'm reading into things too much. But if I gotta pick between [Matrim, Fadran, Wizard, JNV]:

My choice is Matrim.

Edited by DrakeMarshall

Rule Clarifications (wow suddenly you guys are so curious about the rules again!)

• Force Lightning takes absolute precedence on the Stack. This means it resolves before any redirects, even if they target different players. You are not Yoda, you cannot redirect Force Lightning.

• Two duels may take place simultaneously if they involve four distinct players. What cannot happen is a three way duel. This is not the Duel of the Fates.

7 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Why we’re revealing now? Force Sense is recharged (we claim, enjoy your IKYKs Elims B)), thread is getting devoured by unnecessary focus on us and general malaise so this puts some life into it, and we have the pool narrow enough that we figure we can strategically kill through it faster than we ourselves will die :P 

What are you going to do about force lightning? Because that would roleblock your protect and a Jedi would die. Plus it would remove a vote.

I'll trust that you know what you are doing Fifth, because I have no idea what I am doing. I have been confused for far too long. My gut says Fadran, but I will reread and see what my head says.

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Force Lightning takes absolute precedence on the Stack. This means it resolves before any redirects, even if they target different players. You are not Yoda, you cannot redirect Force Lightning.

Smh Kas I was just going to point that out.

DUELS!

First vote for Matrim is. Because killing you another way to get you to stop accusing me of conspiring with Fifth.

Keep persnicketing about me "accusing Wizard and ignoring Fifth" for killing Szeth our first day. Ignore you do the explanations and stance I have had since the beginning, that the Cultists great deal of vote manipulation have and thus Fifth voting at end of a day to consolidate not suspicious to me was. And my (debunked) theory that Wizard and Xino were both evil (thus Wizard a tie breaking to save him). Instead, keep blathering you do about how I never explain. So closely my words, I do not think you are actually listening. Either cultist or deaf you are. Cultist, I will vote. Maybe deaf cultist.

Second vote, is for DUELS

Because how incredibly disappointing it would be, to have a party with an explicit awesome mechanic and no duels?

MOFF OUT! *starts hitting Matrim over the head with a bottle of vodka*

7 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I think it is obvious that the eliminator team had intended to frame Fifth this cycle. I do not believe for an instant that the eliminator team didn't kill Devotary with an awareness in mind of what Devotary had been posting about last cycle, and what's more frame-ups are clearly in-character for this eliminator team in light of how they've used their vote manips.

Exeing Fifth is something I've been vocal against the entire game, actually, and never intended to do it before flipping Madagascar. And Devo sussed, in equal parts, you and I both, so that point just doesn't work, especially in regards to me. Why would I kill Devo? e!me kills Fifth or Madagascar, because e!me would have viewed the connections in their posts as Jedi-Jedi indicative, knowing full well that they're not e/e. The fact that Devo died instead and that I only saw Fifth/Mads as e/e and not J/J should be v!indicative.

Matrim has thus far been pretty active but has abstained from voting. And I don't even think this can be explained by having no leads or being uncertain, because Matrim saw enough reason to do a focused post about Madagascar and vote for them last cycle, and even verbally affirmed that this suspicion is still going strong this cycle. So if you aren't at a loose end, you aren't uncertain or discontent with where things are, but you also don't appear quite as invested in the voting... Why?

To be honest, I thought I had voted. Not going to vote Madagascar now though. I still think she could be a Cultist but I suppose I can trust Fifth's clears enough to vote within the pool.

But to answer your question, yesterday was Sunday. It was a day for church and for family, and I could pop in on mobile a few times to see results and ask questions but my focus was nowhere near the game :P. And I mean, saying I've been 'pretty active' this turn is kind of untrue.

but also feels like a lack of effort to actually go look when reasoning for the Alvron vote had absolutely been given last cycle.

I did lack the effort to go look, see above :P Was simpler to ask you.

Matrim's vote for Bookwyrm last cycle. As previously mentioned, Matrim voted for Bookwyrm mainly with the reasoning that the votes on Alvron lacked reasons. This is persistently very weird to me, because the Bookwyrm vote was definitely much less explicitly reasoned than any potential Alvron vote. At best, this feels like a desire to have a vote without a lot of concern about what that vote is.

I guess I thought it was implied, here, I'll spell it out-- my initial concern with Bookwyrm was that suspicious things have proven not to be all that e!indicative for Bookwyrm, so I was hesitant to vote him, and the correct implication there is that, like, I saw those suspicious things again. And it's hard for my brain to not see opportunistic unexplained votes as suspicious. I don't think I would have voted there if I had seen the reasoning on the Alv train, but I had missed that, and so I opted for the 'better' train like I did when I voted xino over Fifth.

Besides, you should be glad I did. What, you want Alv to have died last turn? >>

Matrim's response to D1 discussion about cultist promotion. Matrim indicated that he had not been aware that the rules allowed a cultist to promote to gain the ability to make kills in the event of a Dasann Reborn's death. On second consideration, I am going to press X to doubt. For one, I do have some faith in Matrim's attentiveness to detail. But more to the point, Matrim's first post of the game announced that he had just reread the rules, and also specifically made a prediction about the number of cultists and asked other people to weigh in on that. In other words, he had literally just been reading the rules, and specifically the ones about cultists. A few posts later he acts unaware of how cultists work, which I think stretches plausibility by a significant amount for me. I read this as an eliminator attempt to garner village cred.

Don't have faith in my attentiveness to detail xD Ask... I was going to say Kas but he's the GM and probably cannot impartially answer this whatever the case, so ask anyone else I suppose. I have a history of forgetting rules, in every alignment :P. Short term memory is not very good. The fact that I had just reread the rules is irrelevant, as 'reread' in that case was synonymous with 'skimmed' and all I was really looking at was abilities of the Jedi/Desann. Why does asking about the number of Cultists mean I was reading the Cultist-specific rules? I knew they were probably in the game regardless. I get what you're saying but it's a frustrating point to read because you're just... wrong here.

If Alvron is village, I feel there ought to be somebody else on the eliminator team who would engage in / suggest the slightly headgame-y kill doctrine I've seen. I don't know about the other three that much, but I am reasonably confident Matrim would.

And... the elim suggesting kills has to be Desann? What about Hael? He seems like he'd be into that. I feel like JNV and probably Wiz could manage that, as well as Mads, Ash, and yourself.

45 minutes ago, Madagascar said:

First vote for Matrim is. Because killing you another way to get you to stop accusing me of conspiring with Fifth.

It's so annoying to me that you're apparently cleared from Desann because this is just not a good reason lol

Obviously I don't think you're elim with Fifth anymore

Your reason after the vote is picking apart probably the weakest of the many points against you I made, which doesn't really work as a case because I think I only mentioned that thing one time in passing afterwards, and never pushed it as the reason to vote you.

43 minutes ago, Ookla the Tall said:

Ask... I was going to say Kas but he's the GM and probably cannot impartially answer this whatever the case, so ask anyone else I suppose.

I don't actually remember this, so GM impartiality aside, I couldn't answer this even if I wanted to :D I recognise it is somewhat ironic, but let's just chalk it up to the fact I am starting to struggle with SE in my old age >>

You have twenty-four hours left in the cycle! Get those votes and actions in!

• Actions on the same tier of the Stack occur simultaneously in terms of priority. Thus you cannot expect to block the Elim kill by executing the Elim who is putting in the kill.

Edited by Kasimir

In conclusion, this is why we reread :P Because my baseless v read of Madagascar really doesn't hold up upon further scrutiny. She's avoided discussing and voting the main villager trains, been kinda hypocritical in her condemnations, and had some peculiar linking with Fifth (which is a hard read to make when Fifth is unflipped, but just from this reread I wouldn't be surprised if they were e/e. I'll maybe take a look at Fifth specifically later).

So not hyperfixating like everyone else on murderous mobs aimed towards settlers, therefore suspicious I am? Pffff. It is my nature, Mat, to spread the love (of execution votes). Good, diversity (of execution votes) is. Moff will vote and discuss whoever Moff wants to vote and discuss. Not what you want Moff to vote and discuss. Individual choice, democracy is. Focusing on what the mob is focusing on, democracy is not.

Too caught up in "logic" and "rationality" y'all are. Remember how Luke destroyed the Death Star? Write a 14 paragraph analysis critiquing the Death Star's "forced emphasis on roleplaying," he did not. Used the Force, he did.

Anyway, a request Moff has for those individuals who are able to challenge others to duels. Before this party ends, Moff would really enjoy dueling someone. Unfortunately I do not have the power to challenge anyone (otherwise you can bet your tuckus done so already I would have). So if anyone wishes to duel, please consider challenging Moff. A bottle of Alderaanian vodka, I would bring.