Hey Guys, as we go into the next Era, we wanted to get a handle on which guilds were active and around, and provide a consolidated place to submit approval for guilds.

While in the past anyone could start a guild just by posting a thread and saying they were, we found that that {a} didn't produce too many long lived guilds and {b} didn't result in active guilds that were really a part of the world. Thats why we've decided to say that in order to create a guild you need to fill out a small application and gather some members before you are official. 

Here is the application

Guild or Organization Name:
Members (3 minimum):
Purpose/Mission Statement:
Description:
How to contact:
What do you plan to do:

The organization name is obvious I hope, if you have an acronym, please give the expanded form as well.

For members, because we are aiming to make this collaborative, you need to apply with at least two other people on board (to be clear, that means the applicant and two other people, 3 people minimum). Please try to make sure that all of you are willing and ready to participate in the guild and RP. We don't want a situation where people join guilds to get the membership up, and then never do anything in it.

Purpose/Mission statement: This is a place for you to outline what your guild is and what it does.

Description: Describe your guild here, everything from vibe and aesthetic to what they are. For example, while the DA's mission statement is to do science and baking, its description would be blood cult crossed with a business.

How to contact is to give players the chance to have their characters reach out and join.

The final section (what you plan to do) is more for your sake then ours, we want to make sure you dont get all hyped up about a really cool idea and then create it and not have anything to do. To that end, please make sure you have at least a couple things that your characters and guild want to do in the world.

To encourage people to hop in guilds, we will be allowing people to gain a normal or major boon that relates to their character arc at the end of the era if they participate actively in the guild throughout the era.

Finally, if you would like to advertise your guild in the thread below, feel free! Don't be offended if no one signs up though, just take it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. Even if its a really cool concept, other folks are often busy and don't have the time to make and write a new character to be in a new guild.

For submissions, we ask that people @ a member of the mod team to ensure that your post gets seen, any approved guilds will be added to a list in the OP along with their application.

Guilds seeking members (NOT APPROVED):

APPROVED GUILDS:

Dark Alley:

Spoiler

Guild or Organization Name: The Dark Alley

Members (3 minimum): Voidus, Zinc, Mac, Kenod, 18thShard, Fate, Ashbringer

Purpose/Mission Statement: Scientific advancement and the acquisition of personal power for many of its members. It exists to be a dark and shadowy force in the world, present and terrifying but rarely interfering.

Description: A shadowy guild that exists almost entirely on other dimensions from the city itself. In the winding, cross-dimensional alleyways of the city a number of residences, laboratories, offices and containment facilities exist. These house the denizens of the Dark Alley, scientists, spies, scholars and sadists. The Alleys are filled with all manner of interesting individuals, from all sorts of origins and walks of life. They are a home to the curious, to those who seek knowledge or power, ideally both. They are, surprisingly one of the better organised guilds in the city, with its sprawling membership allocated into individual departments which work together to serve the greater purpose of the DA as a whole, though there is no small degree of dysfunction within it either.

How to contact: The easiest, and least safe, method of contacting the DA is simply to wander into one of the city's many darkened Alleys. However given that this usually results in the unfortunate demise of the one wandering our suggestion instead is to approach the front section of Thaumaturgy, a comfortable bar in the city. Rumour has it that the proprietor has some connections to the DA and there are regularly several DA denizens in attendance. 
What do you plan to do: The DA will be a little more self-focussed and insular this era, coping with the chaos of restoring functionality after the Forgery and the change amongst the DA leadership as a result of that. They may send some exploratory efforts into some of the cut-off Alleys to see what has become of them but otherwise do not have any active plans within the city itself.

TUBA:

Spoiler

Guild Name: The Underground Bakers' Association (TUBA) 

Members (3 minimum): AonEne, EmulatonStromenkiin, Mathiau

Purpose/Mission Statement: Originally to gather intelligence on and stop the Dark Alley while giving people a non-Hemalurgic alternative for baked goods; more recently to help and generally do good in the city, with various initiatives to this effect. (Changing main objectives is actually something I think the guild has probably struggled with IC as well as OOC.) 

Description: Bakery and general charity/help organization (with possibly a surprising amount of fighters - they've held their own in city attacks before). 

How to contact: TUBA is a very public guild, with a main location in the Alleycity and other locations and businesses established most places. OOC, just ping Ene or another active member to set something up! 

What do you plan to do: TUBA's exact actions this era can change according to how we go with the plot, but my thoughts are that it will be offering therapy services for anyone who wishes, as well as consulting on new powers or abilities that people might find themselves unexpectedly having. It will also still be trying to get itself in order from the mess that the Forgery version was - much would have reverted instantly, but many members will remember policies that aren't in place anymore, and that may cause internal confusion. 

Edited by MacThorstenson

Members (3 minimum): AonEne

Purpose/Mission Statement: Originally to gather intelligence on and stop the Dark Alley while giving people a non-Hemalurgic alternative for baked goods; more recently to help and generally do good in the city, with various initiatives to this effect. (Changing main objectives is actually something I think the guild has probably struggled with IC as well as OOC.) 

Description: Bakery and general charity/help organization (with possibly a surprising amount of fighters - they've held their own in city attacks before). 

How to contact: TUBA is a very public guild, with a main location in the Alleycity and other locations and businesses established most places. OOC, just ping Ene or another active member to set something up! 

What do you plan to do: TUBA's exact actions this era can change according to how we go with the plot, but my thoughts are that it will be offering therapy services for anyone who wishes, as well as consulting on new powers or abilities that people might find themselves unexpectedly having. It will also still be trying to get itself in order from the mess that the Forgery version was - much would have reverted instantly, but many members will remember policies that aren't in place anymore, and that may cause internal confusion. 

I don't know who of our old members plans to still be active, or who of the newer RPers might want to join, so please let me know! Currently only listing myself for that reason. We do need at least two more people, but obviously anyone can join if you want ^_^

On 10/19/2022 at 2:18 PM, AonEne said:

I don't know who of our old members plans to still be active, or who of the newer RPers might want to join, so please let me know! Currently only listing myself for that reason. We do need at least two more people, but obviously anyone can join if you want ^_^

I can make a character for TUBA if you'd like, right now I only have Tena.

Guild or Organization Name: The Dark Alley
Members (3 minimum): Voidus, Zinc, Mac, Kenod, 18thShard, Fate, Ashbringer
Purpose/Mission Statement: Scientific advancement and the acquisition of personal power for many of its members. It exists to be a dark and shadowy force in the world, present and terrifying but rarely interfering.
Description: A shadowy guild that exists almost entirely on other dimensions from the city itself. In the winding, cross-dimensional alleyways of the city a number of residences, laboratories, offices and containment facilities exist. These house the denizens of the Dark Alley, scientists, spies, scholars and sadists. The Alleys are filled with all manner of interesting individuals, from all sorts of origins and walks of life. They are a home to the curious, to those who seek knowledge or power, ideally both. They are, surprisingly one of the better organised guilds in the city, with its sprawling membership allocated into individual departments which work together to serve the greater purpose of the DA as a whole, though there is no small degree of dysfunction within it either.
How to contact: The easiest, and least safe, method of contacting the DA is simply to wander into one of the city's many darkened Alleys. However given that this usually results in the unfortunate demise of the one wandering our suggestion instead is to approach the front section of Thaumaturgy, a comfortable bar in the city. Rumour has it that the proprietor has some connections to the DA and there are regularly several DA denizens in attendance. 
What do you plan to do: The DA will be a little more self-focussed and insular this era, coping with the chaos of restoring functionality after the Forgery and the change amongst the DA leadership as a result of that. They may send some exploratory efforts into some of the cut-off Alleys to see what has become of them but otherwise do not have any active plans within the city itself.

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:
On 10/19/2022 at 1:18 PM, AonEne said:

Balance is part of TUBA

On 10/21/2022 at 0:16 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

You're welcome to make a TUBAist character if you want, but only if you'll have fun with them! We don't want characters who are just there to boost numbers :)

Guild or Organization Name: The Scholar's Guild

Members (3 minimum): @Rushu42, @mathiau, @NerdyAarakocra, @18th Shard  [I'm pinging the people that I've recently been in contact with that are interested in the Guild. We've had other members in the past, and are always looking for more, so please let me know if you want your name on this list! Employees of the Alleyverse Post can decide whether or not to be official guild members as well - let me know.]

Purpose/Mission Statement: The Scholar's Guild is dedicated to free trade of information and the general increase of knowledge. 

Description: Though primarily a research organization, the Scholar's Guild is also active in various educational initiative and publications, including the production of the Alleyverse Post, the Alleycity's most widely read newspaper.

How to contact: IC, swing by the Scholar's Guild building or send a message to Aln. OOC, PM @Rushu42 (or another guild member)!

What do you plan to do: After participating in the fall of the Forgery, the Guild is now engaged in efforts to rebuild the city. The Guild has also become committed to the discovery and distribution of information outside of the control of the Dark Alley, and will using the Alleyverse Post for this purpose. 

Edited by Rushu42

17 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Members (3 minimum): @Rushu42, @mathiau, @NerdyAarakocra  [I'm pinging the three people that I've recently been in contact with that are interested in the Guild. We've had other members in the past, and are always looking for more, so please let me know if you want your name on this list! Employees of the Alleyverse Post can decide whether or not to be official guild members as well - let me know.]

Purpose/Mission Statement: The Scholar's Guild is dedicated to free trade of information and the general increase of knowledge. 

Description: Though primarily a research organization, the Scholar's Guild is also active in various educational initiative and publications, including the production of the Alleyverse Post, the Alleycity's most widely read newspaper.

How to contact: IC, swing by the Scholar's Guild building or send a message to Aln. OOC, PM @Rushu42 (or another guild member)!

What do you plan to do: After participating in the fall of the Forgery, the Guild is now engaged in efforts to rebuild the city. The Guild has also become committed to the discovery and distribution of information outside of the control of the Dark Alley, and will using the Alleyverse Post for this purpose. 

Yup, I'm a member. I might actually want to write for the Alleyverse Post. Maybe Sei will do that, or maybe I'll make a secondary character for that purpose.

14 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Members (3 minimum): @Rushu42, @mathiau, @NerdyAarakocra  [I'm pinging the three people that I've recently been in contact with that are interested in the Guild. We've had other members in the past, and are always looking for more, so please let me know if you want your name on this list! Employees of the Alleyverse Post can decide whether or not to be official guild members as well - let me know.]

I would like to RP Xanas joining next Era, so you can add me to the list. 

Guild Name: Mirrorshades

Members: Tena (@Sherlock Holmes), Rik (@Grey Knight), @Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Purpose: The Mirrorshades aim to understand the underlying forces of the universe in order to secure the safety of those they hold dear.

Description: The Mirrorshades, formerly the Ghostbloods, are one of the Alleyverse’s oldest guilds and spent much of their operation under the control of leaders who were from other places in the universe, many of whom had little interest in the Alleyplanet except in the study and exploitation of the strange gods of that planet. Recently, most of these leaders have decided they have learned all they want to of the planet and cut their ties with the Ghostbloods who lived on the Alleyplanet and were determined to stay. The remaining members have decided to stay as a group, but have revised their intentions and leadership in order to better accomplish their personal goals, rather than the goals of the previous leaders. Tena, a longtime sergeant of the guild, has been given the role of leader by Althea, the previous leader, and has begun a new initiative to recruit. At this time, the guild is largely composed of covert operators and fighters, but has yet to establish a new identity, though they have a new name.

Contact Method: The Mirrorshades can be contacted through appointment at their embassy in the Alleycity or their headquarters and training grounds several miles outside the city. Additionally, messages can be sent to their leader, Tena, who is currently managing their affairs. OOC, contact @Sherlock Holmes.

Plans: As Mirrorshade membership is rather low for the time being, Tena is focusing the guild on small tasks. They will assist in rebuilding and reorganising the Alleycity as well as healing those who suffered significantly for their participation in the alternate timeline. Tena is somewhat reluctant to pursue that second goal, but feels she must, as one of the only major players who was unchanged.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes
Included Althea

Thought I might also add a list of DA NPC characters in here, primarily intended for interaction with by other members of the DA but could potentially be run by people outside of the guild that need to interact with the DA for something as well. Credit to Zinc for about half of these.

Spoiler

Tanarav

Spoiler

A tall, handsome and charming Alethi with dark curls from the department of Acquisitions. Tanarav is confident, perhaps overly so, and very self assured. He is also a skilled member of Acquisitions who is known to be able to acquire perhaps a few things that would not traditionally be considered a part of his department.

Azim (Herald of Records)

Spoiler

The closest thing to a head of the Department of Records that exists. A slender Singer, usually wearing Scholarform and residing within Records often dresses in an Ardent's grey robes. He has long, braided hair, a pair of silver glasses and is renowned for having an encyclopedic knowledge of almost the entirety of the DAs records, assisted by his abilities as a copper compounder. He can usually be found at his desk in the center of Records. Becomes very frustrated by the chaos other denizens cause in his library.

More to come as I remember to write them out but this is something to start with at least and who knows maybe other denizens will add to the list too, I only really remember the few that I've written. Also I lied these are actually both Zinc's so good job Zinc for being sole contributor currently.

• 1 year later...
18 minutes ago, Just_a_Fan said:

where is the church of the stick? what happened to it?

…you mean this one?

It has never been an Alleyverse thing, as far as I’m aware. If you wish to pioneer its crossover into the RP, you’re free to, but it is not currently part of the Alleyverse.

• 1 month later...

There was an Alleyverse Church of the Stick (older than that thread), but they fell into inactivity like many guilds did and haven't been a major power anytime recently. (Bit late to this, sorry.)