Collaboration thread

Voidus

7 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

where are you going to have Mike hole up, and is he going to have the motivator with him, or is he going to stash it somewhere? I can work with either, but need the specifics.

I have a nearly finished post of him stashing it somewhere. Afterwards he'll probably go home. Does that work? If yes, I think the all purpose thread will work best

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 5:44 PM, ZincAboutIt said:

Hi @18th Shard, would you be interested in writing some Emily and Vivica? I am considering having her visit the hospital with a "sorry you found my corpse" apology cake :P 

Absolutely! I'm not sure how quick my response time would be, but tat would be great.

• 1 month later...

Alright, I’m asking if someone has a character that could kill a character in progress’s family. My WIP is a Scadrian of a rich, influential, and noble family, and I want their family dead and someone in the Alleyverse to kill them as a drive for entering. They don’t remember this fact, however, so it might be a bit before it becomes fully relevant. Anyone have a character that might fit the bill?

On 3/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, Koloss17 said:

Alright, I’m asking if someone has a character that could kill a character in progress’s family. My WIP is a Scadrian of a rich, influential, and noble family, and I want their family dead and someone in the Alleyverse to kill them as a drive for entering. They don’t remember this fact, however, so it might be a bit before it becomes fully relevant. Anyone have a character that might fit the bill?

I could probably make it so that Malsam did it, if it was accidental. I'd need more information.

1 hour ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I could probably make it so that Malsam did it, if it was accidental. I'd need more information.

what extra info would you need? I can list the occupations for ya

Spoiler

Father: head of noble house. Rich, a tad stern, could certainly have enemies.

Mother: kind hearted, doesn’t really hold any important roles past being basically an assistant to the father. Doesn’t really have to get murdered, could certainly die at a younger age in my character’s life.

Eldest Sister: Influential politician, heir to the family. Probably a senator of some sort.

Eldest Brother: Soldier/Vet. Highly ranked, could certainly survive if need be.

Youngest, but still older brother: Was engrossed in studies, could really be any academic profession. Could potentially be killed off while in a gathering like a ball accompanying parents.

As you can see, it isn’t fully polished yet, but it is certainly flexible.

Let me know what info you need!

3 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

what extra info would you need? I can list the occupations for ya

Hide contents

Father: head of noble house. Rich, a tad stern, could certainly have enemies.

Mother: kind hearted, doesn’t really hold any important roles past being basically an assistant to the father. Doesn’t really have to get murdered, could certainly die at a younger age in my character’s life.

Eldest Sister: Influential politician, heir to the family. Probably a senator of some sort.

Eldest Brother: Soldier/Vet. Highly ranked, could certainly survive if need be.

Youngest, but still older brother: Was engrossed in studies, could really be any academic profession. Could potentially be killed off while in a gathering like a ball accompanying parents.

As you can see, it isn’t fully polished yet, but it is certainly flexible.

Let me know what info you need!

Well, with how I have Malsam, an accident with weapon instructions would work best. To clarify, she would not be purposely killing anyone, but perhaps a knife she threw went astray, and got one of them.

14 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Well, with how I have Malsam, an accident with weapon instructions would work best. To clarify, she would not be purposely killing anyone, but perhaps a knife she threw went astray, and got one of them.

Could you link me to your character sheet? I’m wondering what’s easily feasible.

19 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Here you go:

Oh man, it would be real hard to pull off with your character. You have the purest of heart characters that I’ve encountered, so any deaths caused would have to be a very big accident. 

I could conjure up an NPC to kill of my character’s family, but roleplaying with oneself is quite difficult and a tad boring.

20 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Oh man, it would be real hard to pull off with your character. You have the purest of heart characters that I’ve encountered, so any deaths caused would have to be a very big accident. 

I could conjure up an NPC to kill of my character’s family, but roleplaying with oneself is quite difficult and a tad boring.

It is a distinct contrast to most of the characters in the alleyverse, but it is a problem for Malsam. My other two are not Cosmere, and have never been, so they won't work. I'd be willing to play an NPC if you make one better suited for the situation. That would give you more leeway. I don't want to make another character till I finish some stuff with my current ones.

Hey @Koloss17, I’m thinking about making a not nice ex-Ghostblood character that could be a good antagonist to yours (at least, when yours remembers their past, who knows what the interaction could be before then). Are you still up for the idea?

Also, @EmulatonStromenkiin, if Malsam isn’t doing anything right now it would be great to also have you RP with us for this interaction (if it ends up happening).

Edit: my mistake, forgot that Malsam is in the Wickwillow thread. Still, Emulation, three is better than two ^_^ (goes for anyone else reading the thread too  :P)

Edited by I think I am here.

10 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Hey @Koloss17, I’m thinking about making a not nice ex-Ghostblood character that could be a good antagonist to yours (at least, when yours remembers their past, who knows what the interaction could be before then). Are you still up for the idea?

Also, @EmulatonStromenkiin, if Malsam isn’t doing anything right now it would be great to also have you RP with us for this interaction (if it ends up happening).

Edit: my mistake, forgot that Malsam is in the Wickwillow thread. Still, Emulation, three is better than two ^_^ (goes for anyone else reading the thread too  :P)

Once Malsam is done with Wickwillow, that would probably work. I'm kinda bored right now, can you give me more information on what interaction you are talking about?

2 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Once Malsam is done with Wickwillow, that would probably work. I'm kinda bored right now, can you give me more information on what interaction you are talking about?

I think the basic idea is that Koloss’ character has amnesia, and interacts with other characters and gradually regains their memory (through gold savantism) and realises one of them killed her family.

To be honest, I have no set plan for how the interaction will happen once the characters get together. I figure we just RP, find something to do, progress each others characters and see what happens. If it doesn’t work out, nothing lost. This is of course still tentative anyway.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

I think the basic idea is that Koloss’ character has amnesia, and interacts with other characters and gradually regains their memory (through gold savantism) and realises one of them killed her family.

To be honest, I have no set plan for how the interaction will happen once the characters get together. I figure we just RP, find something to do, progress each others characters and see what happens. If it doesn’t work out, nothing lost. This is of course still tentative anyway.

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

That’ll totally work for me! Ideally they would do the murdering on Scadrial, then move to the Alleyverse. You’re free to concoct the exact details of it. My family characters are currently quite open ended. Ideally I’d know the details so that I can weave them into the memories that I create for my alternate characters. 

2 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

That’ll totally work for me! Ideally they would do the murdering on Scadrial, then move to the Alleyverse. You’re free to concoct the exact details of it. My family characters are currently quite open ended. Ideally I’d know the details so that I can weave them into the memories that I create for my alternate characters. 

No problem :). I haven’t made it too specific either, effectively hired by an enemy of the father, killed the father and then decided to kill the rest for any number of irrational reasons. Very quick and aggressive style. Eldest brother was tough and gave him a scar for his trouble, but was killed (can change this to survived/escaped if you want).

If you want any changes to how it went down, just say the word.

40 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

No problem :). I haven’t made it too specific either, effectively hired by an enemy of the father, killed the father and then decided to kill the rest for any number of irrational reasons. Very quick and aggressive style. Eldest brother was tough and gave him a scar for his trouble, but was killed (can change this to survived/escaped if you want).

If you want any changes to how it went down, just say the word.

So will this be like a little micro character? How would ya post it to the character thread?

8 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

So will this be like a little micro character? How would ya post it to the character thread?

Hope my post in the character thread clears it up a bit. Just a normal character, but with the purpose of being someone who can act as a foil to yours. (I have to give props to the Era 6 character sheet, it’s great at getting you think more about your character’s story and depth).

Just on something in the Wickwillow Manor - Byron's basing his expectations of what these monsters / this place are from his own experience in the Alleys. He spent a long time in there, even from his own perspective and a lot longer from an outside one - maybe a month Byron-time, a year or two real-time for as much as time applies in there. He doesn't remember everything but he spent a lot of time burning cadmium waiting for some creature to pass by.

Some of the more Alley-knowledgeable characters (mainly looking at Whisper, but Cobalt or the others too) may pick up on that :P

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

I'm looking to get back into Alleyverse. Could someone do something that would help me get KanDraa back into the RP?

What do you think they'd be doing? I have Cassie who's not busy at the moment, we could have them meet.

Alternatively I have another DA character idea who could go looking for KanDraa, but I'd need to write them up. And even then, figure out how he'd interact with people. He's a Fused :P

3 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

I'm looking to get back into Alleyverse. Could someone do something that would help me get KanDraa back into the RP?

We could use KanDraa's skills in the E6T3 thread, if you want. Right now we have Koloss17's chacter, a gold savant trying to recover her memory, hiring my character, an assassin who is woefully unprepared to help her :P.

So if Kan needs money or something to do, that's an option!