SHARDFALL: THAIDAKAR'S AWESOME PLOT (crack theory)

GroundPetrel

(EDITED because I cannot use hotkeys properly)

OK so bear with me, this is going to be a bit insane.  Also IDK if or how the timeline matches up. 

I think that

Spoiler

Autonomy/Bavadin

is Trell, based on the process of elimination, previous WOBs, and Harmony's actions being the antithesis of that Shard's Intent. 

So what I'm thinking is--Kelsier/Thaidakar is interested in getting SOMETHING from Roshar.  We know Talenel's Honorblade went missing (WOB), and it still hasn't been located.  What if Kelsier's plan is to kill

Spoiler

Autonomy

and take the Shard?  He matches well with its Intent, and a zany scheme to trap and kill a god is absolutely his kind of scheme. 

So what if the Ghostbloods got wind of the Set's schemes and weird quasi-occultism, and decided to start using them in a scheme to take them out (because I don't think Kelsier is super on board with evil forced breeding programs), and kill their god on the bargain? 

What I'm thinking is this.  Kelsier has Talenel's Honorblade and plans to use it as

Spoiler

Taravangian used Nightblood

to kill

Spoiler

Bavadin

and take

Spoiler

Autonomy

to go on a Cosmere-wide god-killing spree? 

This also ties into an idea I've been kicking around where Kelsier might be trying to kill every god in the Cosmere except Harmony (who I suspect he still likes), either to reforge Adonalsium under Sazed's control, or just to break the Shards so they stop messing with people. 

IDK just my crack theory, please shoot me down lol. 

Edited by GroundPetrel
me stupid

On 9/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, GroundPetrel said:

OK so bear with me, this is going to be a bit insane.  Also IDK if or how the timeline matches up. 

I think that

Reveal hidden contents

Autonomy/Bavadin

is Trell, based on the process of elimination, previous WOBs, and Harmony's actions being the antithesis of that Shard's Intent. 

So what I'm thinking is--Kelsier/Thaidakar is interested in getting SOMETHING from Roshar.  We know Talenel's Honorblade went missing (WOB), and it still hasn't been located.  What if Kelsier's plan is to kill

Reveal hidden contents

Autonomy

and take the Shard?  He matches well with its Intent, and a zany scheme to trap and kill a god is absolutely his kind of scheme. 

So what if the Ghostbloods got wind of the Set's schemes and weird quasi-occultism, and decided to start using them in a scheme to take them out (because I don't think Kelsier is super on board with evil forced breeding programs), and kill their god on the bargain? 

What I'm thinking is this.  Kelsier has Talenel's Honorblade and plans to use it as

Reveal hidden contents

to kill

Reveal hidden contents

Bavadin

and take

Reveal hidden contents

Autonomy

This also ties into an idea I've been kicking around where Kelsier might be trying to kill every god in the Cosmere except Harmony (who I suspect he still likes), either to reforge Adonalsium under Sazed's control, or just to break the Shards so they stop messing with people. 

Possibly but I don't think you'd be able to use an honor blade the same way he used night blood. We have no evidence that honor blades consume investiger  The way nightblood does. And we have no evidence at Odium or any of the shards think that the honor blades are a threat. 

Edited by bmcclure7

On 9/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, GroundPetrel said:

I think that

Hide contents

Autonomy/Bavadin

Hide contents

Autonomy

Hide contents

to kill

Hide contents

Bavadin

and take

Hide contents

Autonomy

Ok, I see what you're saying, and logically I know this is just for fun, but I'm still gonna try to rebut this! :) 

So with Roshar, I think Kell's trying to get portable investiture to figure out how to leave Scadrial. 

With the Shard, I'd say it's more likely that Kell takes Ambition than Autonomy.

With the god-killing spree... I completely agree, Kell's just the kind of psychopath who'd kill a dozen infinite gods so they'd stop messing with people.

15 hours ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

Ok, I see what you're saying, and logically I know this is just for fun, but I'm still gonna try to rebut this! :) 

So with Roshar, I think Kell's trying to get portable investiture to figure out how to leave Scadrial. 

With the Shard, I'd say it's more likely that Kell takes Ambition than Autonomy.

With the god-killing spree... I completely agree, Kell's just the kind of psychopath who'd kill a dozen infinite gods so they'd stop messing with people.

Isn't Ambition

Spoiler

splintered

though? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 0:01 AM, GroundPetrel said:

Harmony's actions being the antithesis of that Shard's Intent. 

Harmony largely is for free will, to the point of being unable to act. He does have agents like Kandra, but they are not forced. They choose to serve. Why do you think Harmony is the antithesis of Autonomy? 

On 9/25/2022 at 1:36 AM, GroundPetrel said:

Given what we've seen of him in this era, I legit wouldn't be surprised if he's succeeded

I like to think that the reason BrandoSando has been so cagey about the survival Shard is that Kelsier is making moves to become its Vessel.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, Yumiya said:

Harmony largely is for free will, to the point of being unable to act. He does have agents like Kandra, but they are not forced. They choose to serve. Why do you think Harmony is the antithesis of Autonomy? 

Harmony has a network of agents manipulating the events of society and has had them for centuries.  Based off of Bleeder's motivations I feel that an Autonomy take could be "this guy is interfering with autonomy by creating a manipulative organization".