Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

1 hour ago, Ranryu said:

Wynn appeared, jumping out of a Shadow. "I'm here. You ready to get this party started?"

@InfiniteInsanity

Right. I was thinking that Death would commune with her, if that's okay.

@Ranryu

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless opened a gateway to the distant end of one of the long corridors of bookshelves and stepped through it. "No traps yet. I'll keep going. Have you learned the area well enough for a gateway? When I find a trap, you'll probably be able to feel it through the bond." He formed another gateway and ran through.

The Second Archive

“Sure,” Rue said as he left. She began wandering around, looking for books that she could actually read.

You’re good.

Edited by Aes Sedai

Matra followed after X. She noted with shock that the markings on his skin had started to glow, but he seemed cagey about his past, so she wasn’t about to ask. 

Suddenly, a deep tremor shot through her, permeating her body, her very core; shaking her down to the roots of her being. “What’s… what’s going on? X, I don’t like this.”

It was then that she saw the tigers again - and they were protecting something. Someone.

Insa.

She grabbed X and dived to the side, behind a cupboard. “Listen,” she whispered. “She’s corrupted, I think she’s corrupted the Clinic. We’re in serious danger. Do we fight, or find someone to fight for us?”

@xinoehp512

Clinic: Calano's Office

"So," Shark said. "Who is here? Can we defeat the badguys?" He was really hungry now, and worried. He wanted Wynn to be okay. He wanted to help. It seemed as if everything was going wrong. Shark returned to his typical rabbit form and sat dejectedly on the floor of the office.

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Thaidakar pulled out his phone, hearing what Lark said and started cursing, "I didn't even know there was a pillar!" He turned to TAAron, "We need to get to the pillar now"

X followed after Thaidakar as he led them to the pillar on the top of the roof.

22 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

Matra followed after X. She noted with shock that the markings on his skin had started to glow, but he seemed cagey about his past, so she wasn’t about to ask. 

Suddenly, a deep tremor shot through her, permeating her body, her very core; shaking her down to the roots of her being. “What’s… what’s going on? X, I don’t like this.”

It was then that she saw the tigers again - and they were protecting something. Someone.

Insa.

She grabbed X and dived to the side, behind a cupboard. “Listen,” she whispered. “She’s corrupted, I think she’s corrupted the Clinic. We’re in serious danger. Do we fight, or find someone to fight for us?”

@xinoehp512

Clinic: Roof

The tigers of black metal as they paced leisurely around the agent of Kaos. The woman had her hand, and black energy poured from it into a pillar of what had once been light. Only fragments of illumination remained: the pillar had been almost entirely corrupted.

X stared at the tigers. They were... large. It was one thing to know rationally how large giant cats like these could get, and another thing entirely to have one no more than ten feet away. He opened his mouth to tell Matra they should fight, and found he was unable to form the words.

"I- I don't know," he stammered. "I mean, we have do something. Something."

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Nowhere

Death appeared to Justitia. His hood was up, as always, hiding his face. "I would like to speak with you", he said, voice low and calm yet leaving no room for objection.

@Ranryu

The blindfolded goddess set down her sword and scale balance.

”Speak, brother.”

19 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You are aware of what your... subject has been doing."

Justitia sighed. “Wynn used the avenger’s petition. I’m forbidden to deny her. Besides, when this is over, I’ll have a new avatar. My old one was falling into disrepair.”

Just now, Ranryu said:

Justitia sighed. “Wynn used the avenger’s petition. I’m forbidden to deny her. Besides, when this is over, I’ll have a new avatar. My old one was falling into disrepair.”

"She killed two gods. You must be more responsible when allowing someone to use your power. What do you plan on doing with her, anyway? You will turn her into your servant?"

17 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"She killed two gods. You must be more responsible when allowing someone to use your power. What do you plan on doing with her, anyway? You will turn her into your servant?"

“She wouldn’t have petitioned me if it weren’t for the deal she struck with you. Malum was out of line, but do you really think I would’ve given a child the power to kill a higher being with out deep consideration beforehand?

“As for Wynn, she knew what she was getting into. The changes that allow her to channel Shadow so easily are the reasons she will be my best avatar yet.”

Edited by Ranryu

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

“She wouldn’t have petitioned me if it weren’t for the deal she struck with you. Malum was out of line, but do you really think I would’ve given a child the power to kill a higher being? He’s merely confined by his counterpart until our council decides a just punishment.

“As for Wynn, she knew what she was getting into. The changes that allow her to channel Shadow so easily are the reasons she will be my best avatar yet.”

My intention was that Malum and Bonum both were killed. Are you saying that they weren't?

Just now, Ranryu said:

The thing with Malum and Bonum is that while they were sort of gods with intent, in reality they were just incredibly powerful beings that had been formed by said power. However, they weren't really a fundamental representation of anything. They were pretty much just independent entities. They might have been unkillable in their homeworld, but they were just untethered at this point.

14 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“She wouldn’t have petitioned me if it weren’t for the deal she struck with you. Malum was out of line, but do you really think I would’ve given a child the power to kill a higher being with out deep consideration beforehand?

Death sighed. "Malum was never supposed to die. The deal was to be a lesson, and a mechanism for them to get to where they needed to be. I do not agree that you had properly considered your choice."

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Death sighed. "Malum was never supposed to die. The deal was to be a lesson, and a mechanism for them to get to where they needed to be. I do not agree that you had properly considered your choice."

Justitia grunted. “It was Wynn’s choice, ultimately. She’s not my avatar yet.”

Justitia grunted. “It was Wynn’s choice, ultimately. She’s not my avatar yet.”

"It was still irresponsible of you, but yes. Her decision to save the one man... I pity them. It will all be for naught once she becomes your avatar. They will have lost each other." Death sighed once again. "Perhaps I am sentimental. Constantly dealing with the souls of the dead has given me an unhealthy sympathy for them all."

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It was still irresponsible of you, but yes. Her decision to save the one man... I pity them. It will all be for naught once she becomes your avatar. They will have lost each other." Death sighed once again. "Perhaps I am sentimental. Constantly dealing with the souls of the dead has given me an unhealthy sympathy for them all."

Justitia chuckled. “Sentimental indeed. They’re lower-level beings. Wynn should be honored to become my instrument of justice.”

Justitia chuckled. “Sentimental indeed. They’re lower-level beings. Wynn should be honored to become my instrument of justice.”

"You know fully well she did not do it for the honor. Do not think of yourself so highly, sister. Gods can be fools as much as humans." He gave her a pointed look from beneath the hood, eyes glowing with deathfire.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"You know fully well she did not do it for the honor. Do not think of yourself so highly, sister. Gods can be fools as much as humans." He gave her a pointed look from beneath the hood, eyes glowing with deathfire.

“Regardless of why she came to me, she is mine now. And you, being so high and mighty. I seem to recall you having avatars aplenty a few years back. Justice is always good. Better than eternal death, at least.”

“Regardless of why she came to me, she is mine now. And you, being so high and mighty. I seem to recall you having avatars aplenty a few years back. Justice is always good. Better than eternal death, at least.”

I don't think Death would be the type to have a bunch of avatars. Likely very rarely, and one at a time.