Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

8 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"The avatar of Death deals death. The avatar of Justice deals justice. Goodbye, brother. Come and visit me again sometime."

"Ah. I though you were talking about your dead mortal companion. He's doing alright, by the way." And with that, Death disappeared.

@Ranryu

Any reaction to that?

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

19 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm was only tangentially aware of the change. The tendrils withered in the power of the Light, but their roots in Bookwyrm's own mind gave them shelter. The Shadows of his own Light provided them refuge, and allowed them to grow.

He felt the will of something else slowly trying to take him over, overwrite his moral and thoughts.

The Origin Sea

Calano, now so Alligned with the light after holding the Light of the Creator itself, could sense, even for a short time, the effect of the Darkness on other people. He turned to Bookwyrm, then pressed his hands, dripping with Light, to Bookwyrms temples.

He Commanded the Darkness to leave.

16 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Origin Sea

Calano's hands dipped into the Sea of Light as Bookwyrm fell to his knees.

Light... so, so much Light. It purged the secondhand Kaos from his mind, clearing it. He looked up and around, seeing the vast sea clearly for the first time.

His hands flexed, and a small pool appeared around them, a cavity in the otherwise tame sea of endless Light.

It was reacting to his Alignment to the Light.

"Stars above..." He whispered, "And moons below... it's extraordinary."

@The Bookwyrm @The Wandering Wizard

The Origin Sea

Wizard appeared, walking out of the sea.

"So you have started on the path."

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Origin Sea

Wizard appeared, walking out of the sea.

"So you have started on the path."

The Origin Sea

Calano looked up then cursed, his hands flying away from Bookwyrm.

"Geez, Wizard," He said, "Why do you do that??"

2 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Origin Sea

Calano looked up then cursed, his hands flying away from Bookwyrm.

"Geez, Wizard," He said, "Why do you do that??"

The Origin Sea

The tiger sat back on his tail.

"Because it is time and you have started on the path. Either you will be corrupted and doom us all or you will become the Creator. A path much heavier to tread than the one you are currently on. A path that will require much more from you. The water here only holds a taste of the Creators power and the Kaos grows day by day. I have been defending the pillars that I can. Their locations will remain a secret for now, because you still have remanants of Kaos in you. Remanants that you shield yourself without knowing of it. That is why you must go on a journey to learn how to purge the darkness from yourself."

@CalanoCorvus @The Bookwyrm 

13 minutes ago, CalanoCorvus said:

The Origin Sea

Calano, now so Alligned with the light after holding the Light of the Creator itself, could sense, even for a short time, the effect of the Darkness on other people. He turned to Bookwyrm, then pressed his hands, dripping with Light, to Bookwyrms temples.

He Commanded the Darkness to leave.

Bookwyrm's Mind

Light flooded the shadows.

The tendrils of Darkness screamed as they were seared away, with a calm, warm light replacing them. Bookwyrm's soul was free to re-emerge, and he gained control of himself again.

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm gasped and snapped up, jumping to his feet. He hesitated.

"Wizard? How'd you get here?"

@The Wandering Wizard

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Ah. I though you were talking about your dead mortal companion. He's doing alright, by the way." And with that, Death disappeared.

@Ranryu

A dirty trick, mentioning Pæga. Death certainly was a crafty one. Justitia couldn't resent him for it- he hadn't been part of the decision to destroy everything she loved.

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

A dirty trick, mentioning Pæga. Death certainly was a crafty one. Justitia couldn't resent him for it- he hadn't been part of the decision to destroy everything she loved.

Death is going to try appealing to her now.

Suddenly, Pæga's form appeared before her. He was translucent, and didn't look very stable, but he smiled when he saw her.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

The Origin Sea

"I have a connection to the light and this place was revealed to me by the council of cats after I died."

The tiger's eyes stare into Bookwyrm's and Calano's eyes. Piercing to the very depths of their souls.

@CalanoCorvus @The Bookwyrm

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm stares back, transfixed.

Then he smiles.

"You certainly have changed, friend. You know a lot more than any of us, now. At least about how all this works."

Bookwyrm's smile faded. "My corruption is gone. But I'm still vulnerable. I'm afraid that Kaos might be able to take me over again, if Emma or Insa get a hold of me. What do I need to do, Wizard? What's my part in all this?"

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Suddenly, Pæga's form appeared before her. He was translucent, and didn't look very stable, but he smiled when he saw her.

That's not gonna work. The other gods messed her mind up pretty thoroughly. 

"Go away, Death." Justitia said flatly.

1 hour ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

You know, I might steal the idea of a Death character that is sympathetic to humans for my own writing. I don't think I've ever seen that type of thing.

Have you not ever read Discworld? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: A hallway

Telrao jumped as the power of Kaos blasted through the clinic. She crumpled and groaned for a couple seconds, before standing. She turned to her small team of five humans.

"The pillar is being corrupted. We have to go. Now. Follow me!" She reached out with her senses and barrelled down the hallway, her soldiers following behind. They shot beams of Aon Daa at the weaker skeletons they passed, and Telrao carefully lead them around the Kaos Tigers that stalked almost every corridor.

They burst out onto the roof, guns ready, crouching behind the nearest cover. The Captain, Lyna, shuddered. "Telrao... there are too many of them."

Telrao studied the tigers pacing around Insa, and she growled softly. "Yes, Lyna. There are." She turned and spotted X and Matra hiding. "Go protect those two." She said, pointing with a small paw. "I'm going in."

"Telrao, don't!" Leyna hissed, kneeling beside the small feline. "You... you'll die!"

Telrao purred softly. "We'll all die if we don't stop that pillar from being corrupted. From here, Kaos has access to all worlds and realms." Her tail swished and her ears flicked back and forth. "We need to protect the Clinic. Whatever the cost."

Lyna saluted. "Whatever the cost. Ordur be with you." Telrao nodded and began drawing on the ground. "And with you, friend."

Lyna waved her hand and her the other four of her squad followed. She crouched down beside X and Matra. "Any way we can help?"
@Shadowed @xinoehp512

The lines on X's skin glowed brighter than ever. He breathed in and out in an erratic rhythm. The world seemed hazy. Too much. Too much.

His eyes flickered to gray.

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I am not Death." He stepped toward her, looking almost eager.

They tried to elope. The gods of anger, fancy, and horses crashed the wedding. It was a big mess. 
He’s a Roman-soldier type dude, with a personality to match. They met when he accidentally killed her avatar, Li. 
And I gotta go. Bye.

“I know you aren’t. You’re a part of his game. And I’m not going to play it.”

Edited by Ranryu

14 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

“I know you aren’t. You’re a part of his game. And I’m not going to play it.”

"I am part of no one's game, love. But I was offered a chance to say hello." And he was gone.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

15 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The Origin Sea

Bookwyrm stares back, transfixed.

Then he smiles.

"You certainly have changed, friend. You know a lot more than any of us, now. At least about how all this works."

Bookwyrm's smile faded. "My corruption is gone. But I'm still vulnerable. I'm afraid that Kaos might be able to take me over again, if Emma or Insa get a hold of me. What do I need to do, Wizard? What's my part in all this?"

The Origin Sea

"I have been around a long time. I just hope that it has been enough."

The tiger smiles down on Bookwyrm as he spills out his problems.

"It can take you over again and many of us will be corrupted by the end. But if we can help Calano. If we can help him ascend then we can reverse the damage. Currently we are fighting a war we can never win. A impossible war of which the enemy is only empowered by fighting us. The more of us that fall the more of them that rise. We must be the warriors who protect Calano on his journey to ascend. We may be corrupted and we may both fall. But Calano must NOT!"

A bright white fire blazes in Wizard's eyes and it jumps onto his forehead. The fire doesn't burn but the white light blazes bright and it jumps to Bookwyrm and Calano. A white fire kindling on both of their foreheads. As quickly as the light blazed to life it winked out.

"That is how we will know each other from creations of Kaos. If you can't produce the light, you are a Kaos plant that can't or you have been corrupted. By these signs may we know each other."

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus

2 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

Rue made her own gateway in the opposite direction, but before she could step through, she felt Nameless' helplessness through the bond. Screwed things up already? She thought, almost...well, ruefully. She formed a new gateway in his direction and stepped out. "I take it I was right; you found a trap and walked right into it."

The Second Archive

Nameless struggled uselessly. "Not exactly. I actually walked into the trap, then found it. Anyways, you should take a look at those books. I think we're close to where we need to be, although their topics do seem to be rather... evil."

1 hour ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

The Second Archive

Nameless struggled uselessly. "Not exactly. I actually walked into the trap, then found it. Anyways, you should take a look at those books. I think we're close to where we need to be, although their topics do seem to be rather... evil."

The Second Archive

Rue rolled her eyes. “Same difference. If we weren’t in such a hurry, I’d enjoy this moment a lot more.”

Can she read these books?

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The lines on X's skin glowed brighter than ever. He breathed in and out in an erratic rhythm. The world seemed hazy. Too much. Too much.

His eyes flickered to gray.

“No, X.” Matra placed her hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes. Disconcertingly grey eyes. “You’re okay. We can fight them. We have a new helper. Just… breathe.”

58 minutes ago, Shadowed said:

“No, X.” Matra placed her hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes. Disconcertingly grey eyes. “You’re okay. We can fight them. We have a new helper. Just… breathe.”

The Clinic: The Roof

Lyna flipped up the visor of her helmet and gave a tight smile. "Not one helper. Five of the Elite. I am Captain Lyna." She flicked the safety on on her gun and slipped it into her shoulder holster. She turned and pointed to her squad.

"These are four of my most well trained soldiers - Grel, Hav, Ryn and Vic." The two men and two women waved, then returned to training their gunsights on the nearby Kaos tigers. She turned back towards Matra and X. "And you are...?"

@xinoehp512 @Shadowed

Edited by Telrao

The Origin Sea

"I..." Calano stared at Wizard as his destiny was made clear to him.

The Creator... the highest Being to ever exist.

And apparently, it was now his destiny to take up it's mantle. But if Wizard was right, it would be much harder than anything he'd already experienced.

He swallowed. Then stood. "I cannot ask either of you to throw your existences away for the sake of mine," He said, "But if that is what you want, and if that is what needs to happen, then so be it."

He looked at Wizard. "Where do we begin?"

@The Wandering Wizard @The Bookwyrm

The Origin Sea

Wizard looked at Calano, his gaze settling on him.

"You know that I am willing to lay down my life for you a second time. And I can not tell you where you must go, because only you know. Only you can know the path you must travel to completely purge the darkness from your soul."

@The Bookwyrm @CalanoCorvus

9 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

The Second Archive

Rue rolled her eyes. “Same difference. If we weren’t in such a hurry, I’d enjoy this moment a lot more.”

The Second Archive

"This was the plan, wasn't it? We don't have time to waste being careful."

She can see things written on a bit more than half of them. Some of those will be unintelligible unless she could see both saidin and saidar, however.