Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Fine, for now."

Wynn sighed. "Well then, I'd ask you to be on your best behavior. If this turns out to be a trick, I can't promise I'll be able to not kill you."

"What do you mean, for now?"

Bonum laughed. "I promise. Is there anything I can do for you all?"

10 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

She pursed her lips and ignored Lerac's question.

"Well, what can you do?"

"Well, I have Malum's set of tools for manipulating connections. And the same level of power he did, though it is limited by my own diminished state."

There was a sudden wave of cold that came from behind Wynn. Death was there. Lerac fell to the ground.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Well, I have Malum's set of tools for manipulating connections. And the same level of power he did, though it is limited by my own diminished state."

There was a sudden wave of cold that came from behind Wynn. Death was there. Lerac fell to the ground.

Wynn turned. "What do you want?"

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"To collect. Malum is not defeated, and you will soon lose the capacity to do so."

"So what, you're gonna take Lerac? I am not permitted to kill Malum. He must stand trial and be punished for his actions properly."

Just now, Ranryu said:

"So what, you're gonna take Lerac? I am not permitted to kill Malum. He must stand trial and be punished for his actions properly."

"You would have killed him with that trident if the woman Tors hadn't been destroyed first. You threatened Bonum with death if you discovered him to be lying about his identity."

"You would have killed him with that trident if the woman Tors hadn't been destroyed first. You threatened Bonum with death if you discovered him to be lying about his identity."

"Well, in about three hours I won't be bound by the same rules anymore. Killing Malum with Tors would've been an acceptable form of justice because Tors would've technically been doing the killing, not me. And if Bonum pushes me, that three hours will pass a whole lot faster. What if Lerac killed him? Would that be acceptable?"

Just now, Ranryu said:

"Well, in about three hours I won't be bound by the same rules anymore. Killing Malum with Tors would've been an acceptable form of justice because Tors would've technically been doing the killing, not me. And if Bonum pushes me, that three hours will pass a whole lot faster. What if Lerac killed him? Would that be acceptable?"

"Lerac has no means to do so." The flower in Wynn's hair began wilting.

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Lerac has no means to do so." The flower in Wynn's hair began wilting.

No, not this! 

Wynn knew what her only option was. She opened herself to the two powers fighting for dominion of her soul, rejecting one and embracing the other. In the last moments before it gained total power over her, she blasted Malum/Bonum with a huge burst of swirling purple Shadows, infinitely more powerful than anything she'd ever summoned before.

She turned to Death, anger rising. "Is that acceptable? Do you see what you've forced me to do?"

4 hours ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark nodded, scribbling something down on his clipboard.

Across the clinic, the walls began flashing in bright red letters:

All Patients and staff report to the fifth floor as soon as possible. 

"Anything else you want me to do?"

"Hmm... how about you get TAaron here. We have things to discuss."

3 hours ago, Telrao said:

The Clinic: Calano's Office

"And what about me?" Telrao asked. "I can help with defence and can heal... and of course, give people Therapy." She swished her tail and poked at a pen on the desk. "Along with... numerous other abilities."

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood 

Thaidakar turned to the cat. "Hm? Oh, how about you help guide people to the lunchroom, see if they're okay."

3 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

No, not this! 

Wynn knew what her only option was. She opened herself to the two powers fighting for dominion of her soul, rejecting one and embracing the other. In the last moments before it gained total power over her, she blasted Malum/Bonum with a huge burst of swirling purple Shadows, infinitely more powerful than anything she'd ever summoned before.

She turned to Death, anger rising. "Is that acceptable? Do you see what you've forced me to do?"

The form vanished completely under the onslaught.

Death sighed. "I forced you to do nothing. You just killed two gods for the sake of one man."

The form vanished completely under the onslaught.

Death sighed. "I forced you to do nothing. You just killed two gods for the sake of one man."

"Surely you, of all people, know nothing is ever fully dead."

Wynn looked at her hands. Not much longer now. We do what we have to do, but it doesn't really matter anyway. "You ever wonder about the nature of Kaos, Death? I spent my whole life believing that it was merely order we were incapable of comprehending. Now I can see that I was wrong." 

2 minutes ago, Ranryu said:

"Surely you, of all people, know nothing is ever fully dead."

Wynn looked at her hands. Not much longer now. We do what we have to do, but it doesn't really matter anyway. "You ever wonder about the nature of Kaos, Death? I spent my whole life believing that it was merely order we were incapable of comprehending. Now I can see that I was wrong." 

"I know Kaos. But I cannot speak of him to you. It is... complicated. Do you wish me to reawaken Lerac?"

"I know Kaos. But I cannot speak of him to you. It is... complicated. Do you wish me to reawaken Lerac?"

Regret ached in Wynn's bones. "Yes... but please, promise to be on his side in this? You can ask Justitia about it, but for her plan to work I'm gonna have to fall hard and fast."

1 minute ago, Ranryu said:

Regret ached in Wynn's bones. "Yes... but please, promise to be on his side in this? You can ask Justitia about it, but for her plan to work I'm gonna have to fall hard and fast."

"Be on whose side?" The flower began regaining its life, and Lerac stirred.

12 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

"Hmm... how about you get TAaron here. We have things to discuss."

Lark sighed, but vanished to do as asked.

Clinic: Outside the Infirmary

Lark appears in front of TAAron, holding a glowing quill with a shimmering red blade extending around it. "TAAron. Thaidakar wishes to speak with you."

@The Aspiring Archivist

Did Lerac heal TAAron from his injuries?

"Be on whose side?" The flower began regaining its life, and Lerac stirred.

"Lerac's... I can't stay here." In a sudden burst of panic, she ran out of the room at superhuman speeds.

Consider her Kaos aligned for now.

2 minutes ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

Lark sighed, but vanished to do as asked.

Clinic: Outside the Infirmary

Lark appears in front of TAAron, holding a glowing quill with a shimmering red blade extending around it. "TAAron. Thaidakar wishes to speak with you."

@The Aspiring Archivist

Yes.

"Okay..."

"Lerac's... I can't stay here." In a sudden burst of panic, she ran out of the room at superhuman speeds.

"Wha- Wynn!" Lerac shot out a hand, a and a thick vine grew, catching her leg.

Wynn went intangible and slipped out of the vine. As quickly as she could, she got up and continued running.

"Don't follow me. Death can explain!"

He grabbed her with another vine. "No! Wynn, I... I think I..."

1 minute ago, UnfortunatelyNamed said:

"Are you free at the moment?"

TAAron glanced at Corey, who was going through one of his fits. "I guess so, but can we do something about him?"