Insanity Clinic For The Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted

Medium

On 12/16/2022 at 5:57 PM, Ookla the Myopic said:

The realm of the Tiger

A distant looks enters Wizard's eyes.

"It has been far too many years for me to count. And far too many friends have died for me to remember the exact date."

@Ookla the platypus

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus thinks about trying to strike at him while he's remembering, but thinks better of it. It would be rude to do that. 

"I'm sorry for your loss. About how long ago was it?"

@Ookla the Myopic

Dreamscape: Sixth Archive Pathway

"I'm...not quite sure where it is." Bookwyrm said as he scanned the grassy field filled with black rocks. The sky was blue up above; cloudless, with no sun. There was something off about it, which made sense, considering it was a dream.

Bookwyrm reached out with his mind. His Telepathy worked slightly differently in a world of the mind. He sensed the fabric of the dream, searching for...

"I think I found something," Bookwyrm said, walking towards one of the rocks. It had a strange symbol carved on it. He closed his eyes, reached out, and....

The stone shifted, and a doorway to a deep spiral stairwell appeared.

"Well," Bookwyrm said. "There we have it."

@Ookla the Crow @Ookla the Shadowed

“Oh, no,” Matra muttered.

Deep, deep down underground, with no light to dispel the discomforting, smothering, suffocating darkness, no way out…

She shook her head. Focus on the task at hand

“Right, let’s go!” she declared brightly. Too brightly. She started walking towards it and hoped the others followed.

Hehe backstory time (it’s not going to be nearly as deep and tortured as, say, Emma’s, but it’s fair to say she’s got some trauma).

@Ookla the Perpetual @Ookla the Crow

Edited by Ookla the Shadowed

On 12/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, Ookla the Crow said:

Calano took Emma's head in his hands and kissed her forehead. "I love you. Be safe, and keep us safe. If you need me, send me a quick thought message," He said, then stood.

He walked to the stone, took a deep breath, and placed his hand on it. He fell asleep, falling softly to the ground.

And at the same time, he woke up.

Ravelast: Sixth Archive Gateway

"I love you too Calano. Be safe my love."

Emma catches his body, carefully lowering him to the ground.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:21 PM, Ookla the Ta'veren said:

“I’ll do whatever needs to be done,” Rue says, then bites her lip. “But I’d prefer to stay with Emma, since I don’t really know the rest of you.”

On 12/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa nods slightly. "I'll stay too. I'm way low on energy."

Emma smiles gratefully at Insa and Rue. 

"I'm glad that you decided to stay, it's much better to not be alone."

20 hours ago, Ookla the platypus said:

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus thinks about trying to strike at him while he's remembering, but thinks better of it. It would be rude to do that. 

"I'm sorry for your loss. About how long ago was it?"

@Ookla the Myopic

The realm of the Tiger

The hints of a bemused smile graces Wizard's face.

"I just told you that it was so long ago that I can't remember. Anyways what I can teach you, since you already seem to know how to use the sword. Is the forms of power that I have learned, each form focuses on the aspect of an animal and allows you to channel it into your fighting."

Edited by Ookla the Myopic

Insa sat down and leaned against a tree. "I mean yes I'm here and I'm staying but I might just kind of fall asleep." Her eyes slowly closed. "I'm sorry I know you want someone to talk to." She slowly drifted off to sleep. Not a peaceful sleep. Sleep filled with dark memories. Memories Insa had pushed away for years.

@Ookla the Myopic

???

Nothingness

Nothingness and a very wrong something.

What was this something? this very wrong something?

It had a name, one it couldn't remember. All it felt was a burning desire. Hatred. Power. Something restraining it. It was hatred, it was power, it was a million suns. What did it want? It had to hold on. It had to cling to its desire to take control. Because, without it, what was it?

The one it had had its eye on for so long was nearing his destiny. The destiny it had made for the one. 

It pushed various threads for the end it wanted. Nothing. It wanted nothing to be spread across all the different multiverses. it wanted control. It was manipulation. It was power. It was void. It was the thing that created nightmares. It was all nightmares. It was the thing that existed in all universes. In all timelines. In all peoples.

It was hatred, it was hunger, it was greed.

And, most of all, it was the love that drove people to insanity.

For, wasn't that what defined the one it'd been preparing?

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

1 hour ago, Ookla the Myopic said:

The realm of the Tiger

The hints of a bemused smile graces Wizard's face.

"I just told you that it was so long ago that I can't remember. Anyways what I can teach you, since you already seem to know how to use the sword. Is the forms of power that I have learned, each form focuses on the aspect of an animal and allows you to channel it into your fighting."

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus thinks about Wizards wording. He then points out that technically he couldn't remember the exact date. He realizes that saying this might be considered rude, and hoped Wizard was the understanding type. So far he had seemed that way. Then he realizes that there was more to Wizard's sentence.

"Uh... I stopped listening because I was thinking about technicalities. Can you repeat that last part?" He asks with an awkward smile.

Edited by Being of Cacophony

6 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus thinks about Wizards wording. He then points out that technically he couldn't remember the exact date. He realizes that saying this might be considered rude, and hoped Wizard was the understanding type. So far he had seemed that way. Then he realizes that there was more to Wizard's sentence.

"Uh... I stopped listening because I was thinking about technicalities. Can you repeat that last part?" He asks with an awkward smile.

The realm of the TIger

Wizard ignores the first part of what Platypus said instead focusing on the later end of his conversation.

"I can teach you stances that will improve your fighting since you already know how to fight. I sense that you have power inside of you, you just need to learn how to utilize it better."

And I'll let him learn how to channel his power into the stances on his own.

15 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

The realm of the TIger

Wizard ignores the first part of what Platypus said instead focusing on the later end of his conversation.

"I can teach you stances that will improve your fighting since you already know how to fight. I sense that you have power inside of you, you just need to learn how to utilize it better."

And I'll let him learn how to channel his power into the stances on his own.

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus appears to think about that for a second. 

"That sounds really cool. How many different stances are there? How do I learn them? What type of power is it? Is there a platypus stance? What are the stances named after? Can I learn all of them or is the amount of ones you can learn limited? How do you know them? How long did it take you to learn them? Will I be able to hit you if I learn them or no because of how much older you are than me? Will we learn them here?" He asks rapidly, sounding like a hyper-active little kid.

16 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa suddenly snaps awake. "Emma do you ever remember things while you're sleeping?"

@The Wandering Wizard

"Yes, it is where my memories delight in tormenting me."

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

"I know it sounds like a crazy and insane and silly question but please I need to know. Do you ever remember things while you're sleeping? Like it's a dream but it's not a dream. Please Emma."

@The Wandering Wizard

"Yes...it's how the holes in my memory fills itself. It is how I knew that I was the one who had killed Layra, Calano's sister."

3 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus appears to think about that for a second. 

"That sounds really cool. How many different stances are there? How do I learn them? What type of power is it? Is there a platypus stance? What are the stances named after? Can I learn all of them or is the amount of ones you can learn limited? How do you know them? How long did it take you to learn them? Will I be able to hit you if I learn them or no because of how much older you are than me? Will we learn them here?" He asks rapidly, sounding like a hyper-active little kid.

"Slow, slow down kid. I can teach you the basic stances. Any other stances from there you have to invent for yourself. I have made my own stances over the years and I have hundreds that I can use."

Insa sat quietly for a couple of moments and then looking down she whispered. " There was a sword. It was my sword. Same as the one I made earlier. It came down on my right shoulder and cut all the way down in a straight line to the left side of my waist." She gestured showing where. She looked Emma in the eyes. "I then I don't remember anything until right before I walked into the Clinic. But the scar is there. Its there. I saw it in a mirror when I was changing for your wedding." She looks down again. "But I can't remember."

@The Wandering Wizard  @Aes Sedai

Emma refrains from raising one of her eyebrows in question. Instead walking over and sitting down next to Insa, just being there for her if she needs a friend.

Down by her side Emma's hands quiver with rage. The thought of someone doing that made her want to torture them, to cut of their hands and snap their bones, one by one. And to use her power to....

STOP! Screams Emma in her own mind. STOP! STOP! STOP! Don't go down those dark roads, don't open those channels again. Don't open the place of no return. DON'T!

@InfiniteInsanity

4 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

"Slow, slow down kid. I can teach you the basic stances. Any other stances from there you have to invent for yourself. I have made my own stances over the years and I have hundreds that I can use."

The realm of the Tiger

Platypus looks slightly embarrassed.

"Sorry. I get excited easily. Still really cool. How do we start?"

Rue’s hands shake, and even she doesn’t know if it’s from terror or anger. She moved closer to Insa. “I…” How did she respond to that. “I’m here. If you need me. I probably can’t do much for either of you, but I’m here.”

@The Wandering Wizard @InfiniteInsanity

Insa smiled a little. "Thank you Rue and Emma." She could tell that she had thrown them both off. She wondered if she shouldn't have told them. A couple more memories came back. Exhaustion after a long hard day of training. And a memory of panic though she couldn't remember why. Insa's mind reeled but she kept it in.

Insa smiled. "And really it's fine it doesn't hurt or anything."

@The Wandering Wizard @Aes Sedai

Okay, time to kick some life back into this partially fading plotline...

Bookwyrm began to descend into the deep stairwell.

What is it with secret locations and deep spiral starwells? Bookwyrm thought as he summoned a sphere of Nightfire for light.

As he walked into the darkness with Calano and Matra, Bookwyrm found his thoughts drawn to Insa. She was powerful. More powerful than she gave herself credit for. Bookwyrm knew this; in the past, he...

Bookwyrm stopped on the stairs abruptly.

Why can't I remember?

When she appeared in the Clinic, I recognized her. I know her.

So why? Why do memories that I know exist elude me?

Bookwyrm shook his head to clear it. A mystery for another time.

And yet, the thoughts plagued him as he continued into the depths.

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed @InfiniteInsanity

I hope I'm not messing up any of your backstory ideas, Insanity. Let me know if I am and I can change it.

I seriously need to work on my own character's backstory...

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I seriously need to work on my own character's backstory...

Not everyone has to have everyone that they ever cared about murdered infront of them Bookwyrm :P

"No, I'm not," growls Emma.

Standing up, her palm outstretched to the sky, jagged bolts of black lightning race upwards, rending the sky.

Still seething Emma roars, "PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW BY NOW. NOT TO DO SUCH THINGS, YET THEY HAPPEN AND PAIN IS CAUSED! AND THE WEAKEST BEAR THE HEAVIEST BURDEN OF ALL!"

@InfiniteInsanity @Aes Sedai

Insa stands up and rests her hand on Emma's arm. "You're right they should know. It shouldn't happen. But it does. Emma you can work to stop it. But it's a long long process and lots of healing is involved for many people. You can help them. You helped me. Though in order to help I think the first thing you should do should be to calm down a little and look for a more manageable approach. I doubt that striking them down with lightning is the right way to go. If it was I would have done it already."

@The Wandering Wizard@Aes Sedai

6 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm began to descend into the deep stairwell.

What is it with secret locations and deep spiral starwells? Bookwyrm thought as he summoned a sphere of Nightfire for light.

As he walked into the darkness with Calano and Matra, Bookwyrm found his thoughts drawn to Insa. She was powerful. More powerful than she gave herself credit for. Bookwyrm knew this; in the past, he...

Bookwyrm stopped on the stairs abruptly.

Why can't I remember?

When she appeared in the Clinic, I recognized her. I know her.

So why? Why do memories that I know exist elude me?

Bookwyrm shook his head to clear it. A mystery for another time.

And yet, the thoughts plagued him as he continued into the depths.

@CalanoCorvus @Shadowed @InfiniteInsanity

Matra glanced at Bookwyrm, who had stopped on the stairs suddenly. “You okay?”

I might not be the only one struggling with memories in this darkness…

“Emma, please!” Rue shouts. “This won’t solve anything! I know!” Then, more quietly. “Hurting people who have hurt you or others only brings more pain to everyone. It’s not our fault, and it isn’t fair, but this isn’t a solution. Don’t let the power control you. Please.” She’s begging now, her eyes wet. 

@The Wandering Wizard @InfiniteInsanity