Who is your favorite era 2 character

Wayne's Unlucky Hat

Who is your favorite era 2 character  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite era 2 character

I always have a problem with the whole "favorite" question.  There are too many different ways I can appreciate a character.  The one I think is most compelling and realistic?  Wax.  The one I enjoy reading about the most?  Steris.  The one I most aspire to be like?  Wayne.  The one I find most personally relatable?  Marasi.

One big reason Mistborn e2 remains my favorite SanderSeries is how much I love all the characters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Since no one has picked Telsin, maybe switch her out for Ranette? I could Ranette getting a few favorites.

I like each for different reasons, but what really works for me is the relationship dynamic between all of the main five. One of my favorite scenes is when Wax, Wayne, Marasi, Steris, and MeLaan all check into the hotel in BoM. Wax isn't nearly as funny when Wayne isn't around, Wayne gets more cringeworthy when Wax isn't there to rein him in, and I could go on how most change subtly when another member of the group is or isn't in the room. Most of them could make a fascinating main character if pulled out and made a main character in their own story (except maaaybe Steris, she's great, but Wax is one of the best things that's happened to her), but together, they're genius.

On 3/14/2022 at 3:41 PM, AquaRegia said:

I always have a problem with the whole "favorite" question.  There are too many different ways I can appreciate a character.

Yeah, pretty much.

Wayne is like Kelsier in Era 1 to me (though for different reasons) - very entertaining to read about but not the kind of person I'd want to spend time around if they existed in RL.

Philosophically I'm closer to Marasi, and she's probably the one I'd most enjoy having lunch with.

MeLaan's attitude towards people viewing her as a religious figure is hilarious.

I really like the Wax/Marasi philosophy contrast on society and the law, and the way Wax and Steris click in BoM...

On 7/30/2022 at 1:05 PM, Sterbb said:

However BoM made me enjoy Steris a lot, I hope to see more of her in TLM.

...yeah, I didn't really 'get' Steris until the very last scene of SoS, but she's great in BoM.

Edited by cometaryorbit

Wayne is my favorite, I just love his character growth and quirks. That one chapter in Bands of Mourning where he just does crap is one of my favorite chapters of all time. I also really like everyone else in the core four but I just like them in very different ways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...