59 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

Scimon Tlag usually had a rule about using his own merchandise, but maybe he could let it slide. He took out one of his nicer-looking coralmelons, walked over to Su, and set down one half on the box.

"Thanks," he said. "Praise the Ja."

He unwrapped the second half of the melon and started walking away through the ash. 

Su didn't know what to say.

"Praise the Ja..." he muttered. Well, if he had to default to something, that was it.

Never had anyone, not even a fellow Jaist, shown such kindness towards Su. Tyrian Falls was a rough place; he had seen that since relocating here, but he didn't regret the move. The people of the town needed the truth he offered.

But even though the merchant's behavior was exceptionally welcoming, Su couldn't help but notice the restraint behind his praising. The fact that the town needed the Ja despite having multiple Jaists walking its streets.

Oh well. Su would do the work, if no one else would. And the Ja would reward him for it.

As he bit into the coralmelon, Su whispered once more.

"Praise the Ja!"

Edited by Coral Swan
thanks flamingo! :D

Day 4: So It Must Be

Writeup to be edited in. I just got back from church and El is packing, but expect something soon. Vulture was a Spiked kill, while a Coinshot hit Hyena.

Amber Vulture was a Regular Villager With No Role, Also Known As Vanilla!

Charcoal Hyena was attacked, but didn’t die!

Day 4 has begun! It will end in roughly 46.5 hours at 10:00 PM EST on Friday 14 January.

PMs are open.

Good luck!

Player List
1. Amber Vulture Vanilla Villager
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Sidor, newly resigned Hazekiller (Guardsman)
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Aethex (Jester)
6. Coral Swan - Su (Jaist)
7. Emerald Falcon
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Freddie (Glutton)
9. Ivory Dragonfly (Unlucky) (Replaced)
10. Magenta Albatross (Past Lives)
11. Mauve Crocodile (Gambler) Vanilla Villager
12. Melon Dingo - Scimon Tlag (Merchant)
13. Mint Heron - Tivend Elons (Casanova)
14. Onyx Flamingo (Gossip/Casanova)
15. Opal Lion Vanilla Villager
16. Oxblood Beagle
17. Pearl Chameleon (Secret :) )
18. Plum Rhinoceros (Prophet-ish)
19. Quartz Zebra (Drunk/Jaist)
20. Saffron Iguana (Helpful Heckler) Village Soother
21. Salmon Meerkat - Kellehrt, local farmer and possible madman
22. Sapphire Elephant
23. Scarlet Octopus (Neat, Extremist Priest) Village Tineye
24. Sunburst Toucan Village Thug
25. Turquoise Gorilla (Game Show Host) Spiked
26. Violet Axolotl - Dyring (Neat Innkeeper)

Tineye Messages:

Spoiler

9AA25057-667C-4F67-AA70-0F001B58AC39.png.aaed68305df136ac7b4a0cf859b27f2f.png
"rip too tired — flamingo midtier"

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Elbereth
fixed tineye message & snarked about roleless more

Can't say that looks good...

Why Amber??? That feels oddly convenient and puts Hyena in an obviously bad light following last night. I don't like it. Is it a set up? Complicated reverse psychology? Planning for a misexe? Or was Amber getting too much good info and therefore needed to be taken out?

If Hyena is elim, that means elims may have a Lurcher, which would negate the need for an e!thug and increases the likelihood of Alb being village.

--

"As much as I like starting new rumors for entertainment," Edeis said, lounging back in her chair, "I can't help but agree that Charcoal Hyena looks bad here. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Charcoal Hyena. @Charcoal Hyena You have some explaining to do, Mr. Soother Mistborn Hyena. Did someone protect Hyena? Unless Hyena is lying about which role they received, which is definitely possible since I have a bet which player they are, they got protected by someone. And I am curious who would even be willing to protect Hyena.

Assuming Hyena is Spiked, do we think they are actually a Mistborn? Or are they a Thug? Do we think they have a Soother companion who could cover for the vote that should be missing today?

12 minutes ago, Pearl Chameleon said:

Charcoal Hyena. @Charcoal Hyena You have some explaining to do, Mr. Soother Mistborn Hyena. Did someone protect Hyena? Unless Hyena is lying about which role they received, which is definitely possible since I have a bet which player they are, they got protected by someone. And I am curious who would even be willing to protect Hyena.

Assuming Hyena is Spiked, do we think they are actually a Mistborn? Or are they a Thug? Do we think they have a Soother companion who could cover for the vote that should be missing today?

I think amber is a kill because he would be spewed v off of a e!Hyena flip, which is happening today.  I think me being alive unfortunately solidifies Hyena as an Elim, as if he was village I would have killed me here because I'd be confirmed village. 

Edit: I have no clue why this quote is in here

Edited by Emerald Falcon

2 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I think amber is a kill because he would be spewed v off of a e!Hyena flip, which is happening today.  I think me being alive unfortunately solidifies Hyena as an Elim, as if he was village I would have killed me here because I'd be confirmed village. 

i was wondering why you quoted me

lol

@Emerald Falcon, hi - here I bring forth the case where you try to invalidate Vulture's reasoning by false statements and contradict yourself multiple times - 

I either see Amber vulture as a Villager who hasn't been right yet and that's hurting his Ego, when he should have been right about something. He latches onto me as his vote that he stuck through on and calls yesterday E/E because he doesn't want to think he could have been completely wrong.

Not including the fact that the stuff about ego is trying to invalidate his suspicion - he was right about Gorilla. He made a case for both of you so this reasoning doesn't gold at all because he ended up being right about Gorilla. Again, he wasn't completely wrong as he was right about Gorilla, AND he actually calls on the possibility of you both as E/E in that very post itself, NOT in retrospect after Gorilla flipped. 

Anyone remember this post? the long wallpost where he ISOs both me and Gorilla, and then proceeds to (despite the more reasoning on gorilla) vote me?

Contradiction : Above, you call Amber as a villager who hasn't been right yet and here you say Vulture did have more reasoning and was correct about Gorilla. 

Then again, you don't ever think I'm village, or even worth keeping around when I'm not skilled enough at the game.

Emotional appeal by being sarcastically self-deprecating. 

@Charcoal Hyena hi, 

Do you two really think that I, as an elim, would allow events to unfold so astronomically bad that Turquoise, Emerald, and myself all get found out in the same night? 

Hey hey hey, you're only human, remember? You're not infallible :P 

I am human. I am fallible. Sometimes I accidentally mix up the metal for Soothing and Rioting while role claiming and get executed for it. Sometimes I completely miss a post or forget it even happened because there are 20+ anonymous accounts in the game, a constant influx of posts, and not enough time in the day / spoons in my mental kitchen drawer to contemplate and retain every detail. Sometimes I read a villager as elim, get them executed, then defend an elim and don't help them get executed.

Sometimes you try out something and it doesn't work out, don't worry :P

10 minutes ago, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

when u try ur best and u don't succeed
when ur isos are bad player reads
when u defend 1+ elim repeatedly
surely ur cursed (or Spiked)

TEARS STREAM
DOWN YOUR FACE
WHEN YOU LOSE A FRIEND
THAT YOU CANNOT REPLACE

TEARS STREEAAAAAM
DOWN YOUR FACE
AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(i can't do this y u leave me)

lights will guide u home
& ignite those votes

& i will try
2 lynch hyena

Just now, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

Because the discrediting didn't end up working xD 

Again, noting the deflection [why would I do this?] and not an explanation for the contradiction. 

I have no explanation for the contradiction because there just isn't any there where you're trying to make it seem like there is. you say it doesn't make sense because you say he was right on gorilla

but if so why didn't he vote on gorilla the previous day

because his post was contradicting itself purely with the vote on me and the explanation   

I started a towncase but I simply don't have the energy for it. Someone else look through my posts if they bother to solve me. Kat, just look through our PM. Or don't.

Specifically the iguana part. My vote on him was purely to prevent emotional allomancy- but. just look through the posts, again.

Gonna be honest here, I think the Vulture kill was a threatkill.

Vulture thought the kill would hit me because it was tactical, so he advised me to spread out the Village informational network, which I now have done so. I disagreed and said as much - Hyena is going to get lynched, one way or another. We've hashed out the arguments enough times. The real question is how expensive on the Village he wants to make this, before he gets lynched.

But after that? You can't deny that - as Falcon says - E!Hyena's flip would look damned good on Vulture and you, Ostrich. And the thing is, Vulture is one hell of an analyst. Vulture was already functionally soft-confirmed Village in my eyes, but imagine that - but in the eyes of everyone else in the game. Vulture's done some pretty wild stuff in his play history and it wouldn't surprise me that some players would rather take Vulture out before he can get momentum and continue to devastate the Spiked team.

(Charcoal Hyena)

Either way they survived, Lurcher or Thug, indicates an elim imo. Thug means they were lying about the metal they got (a metal that would have otherwise been provable) and Lurcher means that they were protected and at the point the discussion was at yesterday I think that comes from an elim teammate much more often than a villager. All this has already been said but I didn't want to post a naked vote lol

Praise the Ja!

On 1/13/2022 at 5:47 AM, Fifth Scholar said:

Amber Vulture was a Regular Villager With No Role, Also Known As Vanilla!

Charcoal Hyena was attacked, but didn’t die!

There is no single word to express how I feel right now. Baffled that it has come to this, dejected that we lost Amber over a sophic fairytale, frustrated that I am still alive when I all but threw my hands up in defeat, disappointed that not a single person has thought to question how easy and nonsensical this is, amazed at whoever is responsible for this cruel joke of a night turn.

Amber. My friend. I hope the dead doc provides the clarity I desperately wanted you and Salmon to have. I'm sorry that I did not put in the effort to convince you of my alignment sooner. Perhaps my greatest regret right now is not speaking with you more in our PM. Maybe if I answered your questions earlier and better, this situation would have never happened, and we'd have ended up in a trust group together. Maybe you would have trusted me if I Seeked you instead of Emerald on N1, though I'm certain you'd have given me a hard time to prove it. I hope we can play again in the future when I'm in a better mental space, and I apologize for any grief that I inadvertently caused you. None of this was my intention.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:56 AM, Amethyst Scorpion said:

Charcoal Hyena @Charcoal Hyena you claimed Soother and not Thug.

I did, and it remains true. I was saved by a Lurcher, though I have no clue who.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:04 AM, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

And with the amount of suspicion on you, no village Lurcher should have protected you. And the fact that Vulture was killed. 

Charcoal Hyena

I agree with this assessment. No one has claimed to me and no one defended me in thread. There's only one player that's engaged with me with levity in PMs last night, so I've asked them, but I don't know why they didn't warn me ahead of time if they're indeed responsible. They have not posted yet today, but hopefully I'll have a response soon. If not them, this is the only explanation. The more I read these posts, the more the reason becomes abundantly clear.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:16 AM, Onyx Flamingo said:

Can't say that looks good...

Why Amber??? That feels oddly convenient and puts Hyena in an obviously bad light following last night. I don't like it. Is it a set up? Complicated reverse psychology? Planning for a misexe? Or was Amber getting too much good info and therefore needed to be taken out?

If Hyena is elim, that means elims may have a Lurcher, which would negate the need for an e!thug and increases the likelihood of Alb being village.

--

"As much as I like starting new rumors for entertainment," Edeis said, lounging back in her chair, "I can't help but agree that Charcoal Hyena looks bad here. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Thank you for being the only person to question it, even though you still ended up voting me afterwards. I hope that means you're keeping your mind open and that you take my words to heart. 

On 1/13/2022 at 6:37 AM, Emerald Falcon said:

Et tu, Emerald? You know as much as I do how ridiculous and irritating this scenario is. To be stonewalled by a person who we wholeheartedly believe should realize we're village, except they're too wrapped up in their paranoid musings to listen to our words. Why else would the elims not kill you, but Amber, in the same turn I am saved from the village coinshot? Your alignment is directly tied with mine. So long as I live, you remain unconfirmed. They don't care if you've been scanned if no one believes us. It's clearly only worked against us so far. And with Amber dead, it forces the village to take my execution into their hands. If the elims have a Lurcher like it seems, then Salmon's talk about the coinshot attacking me would have been too perfect an opportunity to ignore. It would be a mistake not for them to not capitalize on this misunderstanding and maximize the chaos. So long as the village remains fixated on us, they'll continue to ignore them.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:01 AM, Quartz Zebra said:

"weheell eif everebdyd elsess dooiin it, it muuust bea gooood idaeas wrwrighte? Hyena"

I'm watching you.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:28 AM, Salmon Meerkat said:

I interrupt your serious argumentation and threadbrawling with a meme because if I don't do it, Fifth will beat me to it. And we wouldn't want that :P 

Reveal hidden contents

313564df6238c3e2efb9b96f52caed53e52581f8

I'm glad you're enjoying this enough to meme about it. I hope that you know I'm deeply sorry if my reaction on our PM upset you. In my defense of that, you understand why I'm emotionally charged, and none of what I said was meant to hurt or attack you. Despite all the stressors that have come with this game, I've had some great fun with you, and I really loved our non-game related conversations. A part of why I was so caught off guard was because of that fact, and how I didn't want to lose it. Not without an explanation, and not without making my case. You are wrong, friend, and by your own words, you are being one hell of a stubborn chullson. You may not have been open to persuasion then, but I am asking you to at least try to internalize my words. There doesn't have to be a future game where we are on the same side. We are in that very game right now.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:39 AM, Salmon Meerkat said:

when u try ur best and u don't succeed
when ur isos are bad player reads
when u defend 1+ elim repeatedly
surely ur cursed (or Spiked)

TEARS STREAM
DOWN YOUR FACE
WHEN YOU LOSE A FRIEND
THAT YOU CANNOT REPLACE

TEARS STREEAAAAAM
DOWN YOUR FACE
AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
(i can't do this y u leave me)

lights will guide u home
& ignite those votes

& i will try
2 lynch hyena

I love Fix You and this so much. Saw Coldplay live twice. Always makes me cry. If there's anything good that came out from this madness, it's that it inspired this.

On 1/13/2022 at 9:14 AM, Salmon Meerkat said:

Gonna be honest here, I think the Vulture kill was a threatkill.

Vulture thought the kill would hit me because it was tactical, so he advised me to spread out the Village informational network, which I now have done so. I disagreed and said as much - Hyena is going to get lynched, one way or another. We've hashed out the arguments enough times. The real question is how expensive on the Village he wants to make this, before he gets lynched.

But after that? You can't deny that - as Falcon says - E!Hyena's flip would look damned good on Vulture and you, Ostrich. And the thing is, Vulture is one hell of an analyst. Vulture was already functionally soft-confirmed Village in my eyes, but imagine that - but in the eyes of everyone else in the game. Vulture's done some pretty wild stuff in his play history and it wouldn't surprise me that some players would rather take Vulture out before he can get momentum and continue to devastate the Spiked team.

You're right. Amber was a threat kill.

You're wrong about your arguments against me.

Or the reality where my green flip confirms that Emerald is Village and Em replaces Amber in your trust group. Had my death gone through, do you think you would be as thoroughly doubted by anyone? Probably not everyone. Where the thread executed next would be a complete unknown, allowing cases to build on others. When you did your Tineye fakeout, you talked a lot about not letting a Seeker scan to consume the entire discussion. Isn't his exactly what's happening now, but in the reverse? You're so afraid of lying Seekers from the past that you refuse to believe an honest one exists in the here and now. So I ask you, with great respect and trepidation, why aren't you calling for others to examine other options now? Is it perhaps because you're tunneling on me? Surely it can't have blinded you so thoroughly, you can't even realize that you're blinded.

I mean to address every single halfbaked, harebrained argument that both Amber and Salmon have presented and put an end to this farce once and all. I have too much pride to go down for nothing without my best intentions laid bare. That is my duty as a villager, and I intend to see it through until the end. My other duty, my more important duty, our most important duty, is to get us back on track to finding the real elims, who I know are cackling at our expense from the shadows.

Consider this my challenge accepted, thralls of Ruin. And you, Salmon. You have said many a time that executions like this are my battleground. I will show you that it applies when I'm Village too. I will show you all. But most of all, I will show myself that I still have a life to live for.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:23 AM, Fuchsia Ostrich said:

@Emerald Falcon, hi - here I bring forth the case where you try to invalidate Vulture's reasoning by false statements and contradict yourself multiple times - 

Not including the fact that the stuff about ego is trying to invalidate his suspicion - he was right about Gorilla. He made a case for both of you so this reasoning doesn't gold at all because he ended up being right about Gorilla. Again, he wasn't completely wrong as he was right about Gorilla, AND he actually calls on the possibility of you both as E/E in that very post itself, NOT in retrospect after Gorilla flipped. 

Contradiction : Above, you call Amber as a villager who hasn't been right yet and here you say Vulture did have more reasoning and was correct about Gorilla. 

Emotional appeal by being sarcastically self-deprecating. 

@Charcoal Hyena hi, 

Hey hey hey, you're only human, remember? You're not infallible :P 

And it begins with you.

Expect a post much larger than this in the next few hours. But for now, I need to force my ADHD to stop hyperfocusing on this game and finally eat some food.

Edited by Charcoal Hyena