1 minute ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Okay, it’s just that I was trynna ISO you and because text in quotes doesn’t show up in user activity previews, that threw me off a bit until I clicked a random post and found an unexpected number of sentences enclosed in a quote box.

I will begin again.:)))) 

Your dedication and consistency to RPing is understandable and commended. 

Wouldn’t it make sense for an elim Lurcher to protect Hyena last night, regardless of Hyena’s alignment? Hyena was a pretty obvious Coinshot target given the discussion in the thread during the Night, and a Lurch would be an easy way for the elims to derail the vote this cycle.

I don’t trust Hyena, but I do feel like the level of confidence of some players is way higher than it has any right to be. It sorta feels like 3+ copies of Matrim got together to dig a tunnel (sorry Mat, whoever you are :P).

Edited by Violet Axolotl

1 minute ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I don’t trust Hyena, but I do feel like the level of confidence of some players is way higher than it has any right to be. It sorta feels like 3+ copies of Matrim got together to dig a tunnel (sorry Mat, whoever you are :P).

inb4 axolotl is mat

Wouldn’t it make sense for an elim Lurcher to protect Hyena last night, regardless of Hyena’s alignment? Hyena was a pretty obvious Coinshot target given the discussion in the thread during the Night, and a Lurch would be an easy way for the elims to derail the vote this cycle.

Not really. They could have just let Hyena die, probably shot Falcon, and gone on with their lives. At that point most of our leads would have been expended and it likely wouldn't be too difficult to help nudge a misexe.

Praise the Ja!

2 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Had this thought before the big emotional appeal post, actually. Should Hyena's "opus" prove sound, I might reconsider haha. We shall see :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Not really. They could have just let Hyena die, probably shot Falcon, and gone on with their lives. At that point most of our leads would have been expended and it likely wouldn't be too difficult to help nudge a misexe.

Praise the Ja!

The play is called a Wounded Buffalo Gambit, and it’s very effective. Usually the elims would send in both the kill and protect, for example if a Mistborn rolled Steel, so as to still have the normal NK.

My point is that the elims want the vote tied up, almost always. Voting out a villager is often not worth the cost in information.

14 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

The play is called a Wounded Buffalo Gambit, and it’s very effective. Usually the elims would send in both the kill and protect, for example if a Mistborn rolled Steel, so as to still have the normal NK.

My point is that the elims want the vote tied up, almost always. Voting out a villager is often not worth the cost in information.

And that's somehow more likely than e!Hyena? The survival isn't the only reason for voting Hyena; I'm fairly certian they'd be a strong contender for today's exe if the Coinshot had hit someone completely different.

As you noted, many people seem to think Hyena is evil, myself included. If they're not exed today they'll probably be exed tomorrow, and either flip (v/e) would give us great information. It's the best course of action, and their actions do support e!them, not just the survival.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

Just now, Coral Swan said:

And that's somehow more likely than e!Hyena? The survival isn't the only reason for voting Hyena; I'm fairly certian they'd be a strong contender for today's exe if the Coinshot had hit someone completely different.

As you noted, many people seem to think Hyena is evil, myself included. If they're not exed today they'll probably be exed tomorrow, and either flip would give us great information. It's the best course of action, and their actions do support e!them, not just the survival.

Praise the Ja!

Yeah, I get that. I partly just think it’s healthy to acknowledge the possibility where Hyena is village, which nobody had done prior to me.

I’m curious, though, what info would a village flip give us? We’d have Falcon as confirmed village, and probably a confirmed elim Lurcher/Mistborn (which is likely anyways). I’m not sure what it would say about all the people pushing to vote out Hyena, but it certainly wouldn’t be conclusively helpful with regards to finding the next elim.

Yeah, I get that. I partly just think it’s healthy to acknowledge the possibility where Hyena is village, which nobody had done prior to me.

I've privately acknowledged it and decided I think Hyena being elim is the more likely option.

2 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I’m curious, though, what info would a village flip give us? We’d have Falcon as confirmed village, and probably a confirmed elim Lurcher/Mistborn (which is likely anyways). I’m not sure what it would say about all the people pushing to vote out Hyena, but it certainly wouldn’t be conclusively helpful with regards to finding the next elim.

v!Falcon, but an e!Lurcher is better proven through e!Hyena. It is technically possible that v!Hyena was protected by a v!Lurcher, but the Lurcher should claim in that case. If Hyena flips village I'd look not at this cycle but the last three, at who pushed e!Hyena and who didn't. That I think would be useful.

5 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

"mmmssmm. perrrhaps a ckoinshoot cllaim woulld beeeeeeeeee helpful? Mr. Kellehrrrrrt o'er ther shems to bee faiiirly truuusted, if ye bea coinssshhshot, perrrrhaps tell 'im so"

Lol

Did you read D3? xD

Praise the Ja!

2 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

"i beeeeeliiive i waaaas drrrunk fer mosht of it, why.

Because Meerkat claimed (and proved themselves as) Tineye, after posting a Tineye message falsely outing themselves as elim to draw reactions and assess.

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

21 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

if Hyena is V and the elims saved him, then that means that they really wanted vulture gone. Which, why did they make kills like Opal and Oxblood before then?  /shrug.

For everyone convinced about Hyena being an Elim, I do suggest that you take this specific cycle and discuss things that would matter if Hyena is village.

I seriously can't get over Kat's overreaction in PMs. immediately when Amber posts his theory about me/gorilla being e/e and me/hyena being e/e, Kas posts sad emojis in the group PM and then posts walls about how he's not going to have his time wasted, how he's not going to engage. Then the same to me when I try to interact with him in 1-1 PMs. I can't possibly see what earns a reaction like that immediately after Amber posting his theory.

6 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

i was proposing the idea that any coinshots should claim to meerkat. since meerkat is almost conf vil from the whole tineye thing.

Ah. Never mind, then :P.

Praise the Ja!

Edit:

1 minute ago, Emerald Falcon said:

if Hyena is V and the elims saved him, then that means that they really wanted vulture gone. Which, why did they make kills like Opal and Oxblood before then?  /shrug.

That's Opal and Ocho. And I don't know what you mean by this, but that does make me realize- why save v!Hyena and kill Vulture? Vulture was one of the main people against Hyena. If they were truly setting up a misexe I think they'd kill someone else.

You could say that this was a gambit to make me think that or something, but that'd make this a gambit within a gambit which I think is a bit ridiculous. Especially when the main gambit being proposed is one I've never seen before.

5 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

I seriously can't get over Kat's overreaction in PMs. immediately when Amber posts his theory about me/gorilla being e/e and me/hyena being e/e, Kas posts sad emojis in the group PM and then posts walls about how he's not going to have his time wasted, how he's not going to engage. Then the same to me when I try to interact with him in 1-1 PMs. I can't possibly see what earns a reaction like that immediately after Amber posting his theory.

What's the point of mentioning this? Do you think Meerkat is evil?

Praise the Ja!

Edited by Coral Swan

7 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

What's the point of mentioning this? Do you think Meerkat is evil?

if you claim to know who I am then this is a question you should have stopped yourself from saying before you even typed it, if you know how I play.

I don't know. Not with a E!Hyena. or maybe /with/ and E!Hyena. no, never with an E!Hyena. if Hyena is village, then I suppose yes.

4 minutes ago, Quartz Zebra said:

i was proposing the idea that any coinshots should claim to meerkat. since meerkat is almost conf vil from the whole tineye thing.

I think you underestimate the level of gambits some players might be willing to attempt. Meerkat is a strong village read, more so if Hyena flips elim, but definitely not confirmed. I wouldn't claim to him if I was the Coinshot.

Is this raising Onyx in your Elim reads for anyone else? Objectively Elims are better mediators because they don't have as large of an emotional attachment on the game as Villagers. it's a general thing that can definitely vary, but it's the whole reason Elims will ever feel the need to AtE, because Villagers naturally do.

1 minute ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Is this raising Onyx in your Elim reads for anyone else? Objectively Elims are better mediators because they don't have as large of an emotional attachment on the game as Villagers. it's a general thing that can definitely vary, but it's the whole reason Elims will ever feel the need to AtE, because Villagers naturally do.

I'm literally just trying to diffuse tension in the thread because I can't stand it. I'm trying not to get super emotionally invested because I don't want people to be sad!