1 minute ago, Saffron Iguana said:

Huh. So that's what that looks like. Is that vote a makeup desk, because it looks like a vanity. For the record, I kinda like Scorp's logic. 

I just don't like the assumption that the elims are using that strategy. (sorry if this makes no sense; I'm pretty tired from the week today & trying to decompress a bit)

37 minutes ago, Coral Swan said:

Alright. Any particular distinction for you of the manip between Gorilla and Iguana?

I just don't see Gorilla as evil, really and honestly. A lot of the D1 reasoning was unhelpful rp (which I don't think warrants a vote) and the opportunistic/self-pres vote, which is a valid thing to do to stay alive. (Okay I just got ninja'd by Gorilla and I gotta say not liking the vibe of that post so they might be lowering on my reads. Haha oops).

Okay, I just read all of your posts through, and I'm not seeing any particularly strong reasoning on Gorilla still. Unhelpful rp, opportunistic vote, and dislike of their reasoning on Alb. On D1, you posted a reads list with Gorilla as spiked, though provided no explanation:

Village: Crocodile, Albatross

Light Village: Meerkat, Penguin, Octopus, Ostrich, Scorpion

Null: Everyone who hasn't posted (see below), Axolotl, Lion, Falcon, Dingo, Vulture, Beagle

Light Spiked: Zebra, Iguana, Chameleon

Spiked: Hyena, Gorilla

People who haven't posted: Mouse, Dragonfly, Heron, Elephant, Toucan, Rhinoceros, Flamingo. It'd be great to hear from all of you. If you've posted, my apologies, but I don't remember.

I don't feel great about my Hyena, Chameleon, Iguana, Scorpion, or Penguin reads but other than that I think it's about where I stand. Obviously I don't think the team is Zebra/Iguana/Chameleon/Hyena/Gorilla (I think there's 6 anyway) but that's just how D1 goes. Too many nulls and inactives to tell anything definite.

I do actually think I feel the best today about killing someone in my Null category, which seems counterintuitive but there's something about anon games (*cough* lack of meta *cough*) that makes it especially difficult to pin down reads. (*cough* Praise the Ja *cough*) I'd like to develop them more before I kill someone who posts. I'm fine with any of my bottom five dying but I myself will likely vote one of my Nulls. The village and light village categories are of course off the table.

That being said, I also don't want my vote to be uselessly on someone who hasn't posted at all. Out of the ones who have posted, Lion, Falcon and Beagle effectively haven't, so that leaves Axolotl (who out of the remaining Nulls I like the best due to their vote), Vulture, who seems to have a legitimate reason for their absence, and Dingo who as far as we've heard hasn't, and who posted thoughts that just mirrored thoughts already posted. Vote, as always, subject to change at EoD (love you GMs) but as of now that's where I feel best voting.

Zebra also falls into the same category as Dingo but we're Jaist buddies so /shrug :D.

And today you posted this:

2 hours ago, Coral Swan said:

Gorilla, Flamingo. Not because Gorilla isn’t the person I want to exe the most, but because Flamingo is the the person I want to exe the most out of the available options. If everyone wants to switch to Gorilla I’ll join you :P. I wouldn’t be opposed to Octo either, definitely prefer them over Iguana at this point.

However, you also said before:

On 1/7/2022 at 9:12 AM, Coral Swan said:

Kill If You Want To (And I Might Help): Rhinoceros/Toucan/Dragonfly, Octopus, Zebra, Flamingo, Ostrich

I Will Help: Gorilla, Iguana, Heron

So that's a direct contradiction, because you said that I'm the person you want dead most of the options, but technically that would be Ig, right? Now, I could say this is e/e, but I'm not super suspicious of you (yet). I am, however, very suspicious of Ig, and if we get their flip, well that'll tell me a lot of things about you I think.

So, after going through all of your posts, I still don't understand gorilla. My reasoning why I think the vote manip is more sus for Ig is because I don't think gorilla is evil, and I'm seeing a lot of weird evidence pointing to some e/e here.

Edited by Onyx Flamingo
i used the wrong formatting (sad cowboy)

Saffron Iguana (4): Pearl Chameleon, Charcoal Hyena, Onyx Flamingo, Salmon Meerkat
Onyx Flamingo (3): Mint Heron, Fuchsia Ostrich, Coral Swan
Magenta Albatross (3): Amber Vulture, Turquoise Gorilla, Emerald Falcon
Scarlet Octopus (3): Chartreuse Penguin, Saffron Iguana, Oxblood Beagle
Pearl Chameleon (1): Violet Axolotl
Turquoise Gorilla (1): Amethyst Scorpion
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Turquoise Gorilla

Well, this is certainly interesting. We have just under half an hour left, and Iguana has claimed to be a Soother. Discounting any other vote manipulation, we can assume Iguana will Soothe a vote off of themselves. This will make it a 4 way tie between Iguana, Flamingo, Albatross, and Octopus. If no one else moves their votes, that tie will almost certainly happen. I will move my vote to secure an exe if I absolutely have to. Probably to Albatross, as my suspicions of Octopus were dependent upon some faulty analysis from Meerkat.

21 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

(Okay I just got ninja'd by Gorilla and I gotta say not liking the vibe of that post so they might be lowering on my reads. Haha oops).

And suddenly Onyx moves into my village reads. Really guys, it's that easy. Just post.

Unless I've made a mistake, these seem to be very interesting vote movements. Beagle, why go from voting on someone to suddenly voting beside them? I simultaneously feel best about the players on Onyx and that Onyx is Village. The other problem is i feel just as confident about the composition of the Iguana wagon. The Octopus wagon, who got suspicion for earlier in the cycle has the most questionable players on it, for me.

Asterisks mark those who i have varying levels of trust on.

>> Saffron Iguana(4): Pearl Chameleon*, Charcoal Hyena*, Onyx Flamingo*, Salmon Meerkat*
> Onyx Flamingo*(3): Mint Heron*, Fuchsia Ostrich*, Coral Swan~
> Scarlet Octopus(3): Chartreuse Penguin*, Saffron Iguana, Oxblood Beagle
Magenta Albatross(2): Amber Vulture*, Emerald Falcon******
Pearl Chameleon*(1): Violet Axolotl~
Turquiose Gorilla~ (1): Amethyst Scorpion
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Turquoise Gorilla~

Purely by wagon composition I'd be voting iguana here. The other thing that bugs me is why would they claim? As either alignment? The problem is I read it more village because objectively a soother claim does nothing. It's not going to make people less suspicious of you, and it's at the very worst going to earn you even /more/ votes, just for the sake of votes. if you're village you save yourself, and if you're an Elim you save yourself and it's the same thing as the Elims saving you. And an Elim would know this, no?

On the other hand, it could be seen as a last attempt to survive through a claim. but...why? When did they see themselves as damned? I don't get how they would have got that through the thread, and if they did, then why did they not have a stronger read on me for being one of them to push them? I might need to reread their post but if they're simply ignoring the pushes on them that's just more reason to vote them.

Edited by Emerald Falcon

17 minutes ago, Amethyst Scorpion said:

It means little if you and Iguana are both village, but if one of you is evil I would not bet on it being the one who got a whole bunch of new voters today while votes on the other never got off the ground.

Except that there's a lot of resistance now, isn't there? 

Funny what you all told me isn't it? How many people kept telling me I can't use the unopposed reasoning to exonerate Cham because of LG82 and new meta? 

Why does it feel like it is being conveniently dropped here at the eleventh hour when Ig is endangered? 

Which is it? 

2 minutes ago, Salmon Meerkat said:

Except that there's a lot of resistance now, isn't there? 

Funny what you all told me isn't it? How many people kept telling me I can't use the unopposed reasoning to exonerate Cham because of LG82 and new meta? 

Why does it feel like it is being conveniently dropped here at the eleventh hour when Ig is endangered? 

Which is it? 

There is resistance to Iguana, but none of it came in the form of going after Gorilla who would have been a relatively easy target. I personally see a lot of difference between 10 hours before rollover and 1 hour before rollover because I don't place final votes until late in the cycle, but you may feel differently.

3 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Beagle, why go from voting on someone to suddenly voting beside them?

While I'm vaguely suspicious of Iguana (enough to warrant a vote to secure an exe), I am more solidly suspicious of Octo and Swan. Now that Octo is a viable candidate again. I'd rather see that than Iguana.

23 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

So, after going through all of your posts, I still don't understand gorilla. My reasoning why I think the vote manip is more sus for Ig is because I don't think gorilla is evil, and I'm seeing a lot of weird evidence pointing to some e/e here.

You somehow missed the post where I voted Gorilla and the one after, which were like the two main ones I was talking about.

Gorilla posted:

Spoiler

Honestly, I’m not sure. I didn’t have too many big reads at the moment, but… maybe Albatross? I remember I was gut reading them kind of weird at that point in the game. In fact, I find this recent survival has only strengthened my opinions against them, since it seems vastly more likely if they were an elim. They could be a vil!Thug, or could have struck a deal with a Lurcher in PM’s, but they could also be an elim!Thug, or could have been protected by an elim!Lurcher. The former is about equally likely for both elim!Albatross and vil!Albatross, but the latter is much more likely to be elim!Albatross. So… Albatross.

And I replied

Spoiler

And with Gorilla's post I'm comfortable putting my vote there. Their reasoning makes little sense.

And then further elaborated:

Spoiler

I can understand why being protected by a Lurcher would be more likely if Albatross is elim- Alb claimed Thug, after all. But I don't see why the elim team would pick Albatross to protect unless Alb was who they thought was most likely to be attacked, which I don't really see being true for any elim team that's logically possible. So Thug is automatically more likely of an explanation for their survival.

And at that point you can't claim that elims are more likely to be Thugs, because they're not.

I think your logic is flawed, and the length at which you push that they are much more likely to be elim is weird to me. By this reasoning you would vote for anyone that survived an attack, because they survived an attack.

And then add in the fact that you apparently had a suspicion of Albatross all along that only materialized itself now, and it's enough for a vote from me.

That help?

24 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

So that's a direct contradiction, because you said that I'm the person you want dead most of the options, but technically that would be Ig, right? Now, I could say this is e/e, but I'm not super suspicious of you (yet). I am, however, very suspicious of Ig, and if we get their flip, well that'll tell me a lot of things about you I think.

That was at the beginning of the cycle. Now it is the end of the cycle. I don't have the same opinion.

Octopus. Will go back to Flamingo happily but I don't want Iguana or Albatross to die.

Just now, Azure Mouse said:

I’ll vote Iguana. (Don’t read my last minute vote as suspicious. I’ve just been trying to work out everything in my mind)

Too late.

@Emerald Falcon Iguana claiming there makes perfect sense to me for either alignment. It's real close, more people have shown interest in voting them, and they don't want to die.

Praise the Ja!

4 minutes ago, Emerald Falcon said:

>> Saffron Iguana(4): Pearl Chameleon*, Charcoal Hyena*, Onyx Flamingo*, Salmon Meerkat*
> Onyx Flamingo*(3): Mint Heron*, Fuchsia Ostrich*, Coral Swan~
> Scarlet Octopus(3): Chartreuse Penguin*, Saffron Iguana, Oxblood Beagle
Magenta Albatross(2): Amber Vulture*, Emerald Falcon******
Pearl Chameleon*(1): Violet Axolotl~
Turquiose Gorilla~ (1): Amethyst Scorpion
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Turquoise Gorilla~

Purely by wagon composition I'd be voting iguana here. The other thing that bugs me is why would they claim? As either alignment? The problem is I read it more village because objectively a soother claim does nothing. It's not going to make people less suspicious of you, and it's at the very worst going to earn you even /more/ votes, just for the sake of votes. if you're village you save yourself, and if you're an Elim you save yourself and it's the same thing as the Elims saving you. And an Elim would know this, no?

On the other hand, it could be seen as a last attempt to survive through a claim. but...why? When did they see themselves as damned? 

I must be trapped in a poisonous metal because I'm in the lead. And Octopus hasn't even voted yet, hence the need for self-preservation tactics. 

Several people have cited the vote manipulating as a reason to suspect me. There was a lot of it going on last night, and when Flamingo said it again I gave up on secrecy. 

1 minute ago, Coral Swan said:

Iguana claiming there makes perfect sense to me for either alignment. It's real close, more people have shown interest in voting them, and they don't want to die.

The point is that claiming does NOTHING to stop people voting on you. Claiming a vote manip only encourages more. I'm not going to talk in circles here but that's that.

Saffron Iguana (5): Pearl Chameleon, Charcoal Hyena, Onyx Flamingo, Salmon Meerkat, Azure Mouse
Scarlet Octopus (4): Chartreuse Penguin, Saffron Iguana, Oxblood Beagle, Coral Swan
Onyx Flamingo (2): Mint Heron, Fuchsia Ostrich,
Magenta Albatross (2): Amber Vulture, Emerald Falcon
Pearl Chameleon (1): Violet Axolotl
Turquoise Gorilla (1): Amethyst Scorpion
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Turquoise Gorilla

Here is the current vote count. Iguana is almost certainly going to Soothe a vote off of himself as well. I think I am comfortable leaving my vote where it is, as I do not really want Octopus to die for reasons I do not think are valid after the error Meerkat made was pointed out. I guess we shall see who is the luckiest of the two.

I don't have enough time to type out all my thoughts and for people to respond to them. I'll post them during the night (lot of good that'll do) but I don't have enough time, and the thought of it is making me mental.

Either by tonight I'll trust myself more or I'll be hopefully able to figure out what went wrong.

And there goes magenta trying to self pres onto someone who isn't Iguana.

Edited by Emerald Falcon
stepping away.

3 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

Yeah I saw it! And I don't agree with it being a strong enough reason for a vote. But that's why we play this game! We have suspicions and we put them into play.

I mean, sure. And I can say I don't agree with your reasons for voting Iguana, and we're going in circles so I'll just agree with you :P 

Just now, Oxblood Beagle said:

Well, this makes me uncomfortable. The reason I'm voting Octopus is because of the interactions with you...

I'm aware of that, and also completely disregarding that. Tbh I don't remember even interacting with Octo at all so it's funny that you're hedging your vote on preflipping me

1 minute ago, Magenta Albatross said:

Octopus

I'm so confused

Praise the Ja?

Night Two: Straight to Pun Jail

Ischarus Loenthal had barely opened his eyes to the dim light creeping through the window of his room in Dyring’s Inn when a hand shook his shoulder. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, peering up into the shadows of the small wooden room. His secretary, Henry, was staring him in the face. “Come on, sir. You’ve got to get up, there’s been another attack.”

Loenthal did not process the words immediately, blearily looking up at Henry. “Dyring lets just anyone into my quarters? Who does he think he is? Let me sleep, I just got mobbed by Spiked.” He turned his head over, muttering, and saw the boy sleeping as well next to him. He gestured vaguely. “You’ll wake him up too with your yammering.” This did not seem particularly true, given the volume of the child’s snores, but he was too tired to care.

Henry, however, was undeterred. “Sir, a body’s been found with a hole through its heart. Opal. One of the villagers. And if you don’t mind me asking, did your body just lose its reflex functions? Because you clearly aren’t showing any response-ability. Come out and see, there’s a small crowd waiting for you.” Loenthal groaned again, both at his irrepressible secretary’s sense of humour and his own tiredness, which a night in bed had done little to alleviate. He looked guiltily back at the boy. “Alright, I’m coming. Tell someone to look after him and get him some food when he wakes up. Dyring can’t run herd on everyone in the village.” Besides, he thought, Dyring would probably want to figure out what had happened himself. Well, everyone would. He dressed quickly, choosing the most militaristic set of clothes he had. Today was a day to project confidence and order, even if he didn’t feel those things himself with two men dead, and Pendel attacked.

Ten minutes later, though still tired, he was ready. He grabbed his dueling cane and set off briskly for the front door of the inn, ignoring the muted chatter in the common room of the men at the counter. One was even trying to order beer from a grumpy Dyring, who rapped him on the hand with a stick, berating him for trying to make a mess at this early and unholy hour, and blaming vandalism on him as well. Vandalism? There appeared to be no shortage of news. Loenthal smiled slightly, then stepped out into the street with Henry. A wall of noise and chatter greeted him; it seemed that once again half the town was assembled outside Dyring’s inn. A Tineye from the town guard rushed up and tried to begin a hurried report, but was stopped short by Henry. “Whoa there! Stop making like a heretic, and show some proper reverence for the Lord! He’ll hear out everyone in due time.”

Loenthal cut in before his secretary could begin rattling off more jokes. “Henry is correct. We’re going to move to the main courtyard of my old house so that Dyring doesn’t get a heart attack with how much ash you’re kicking up onto his porch, and then I’ll hear anyone who has an opinion. And allow me to be clear: there will be no more killings today. No “accidents” either like yesterday. If you have an insane opinion about someone, you voice it to me, and I’ll decide whether we act on it. Clear?” There was mumbled agreement. A lone voice, however, piped up out of the crowd. 

“How can we trust you’ll decide this correctly? Can you tell a Spiked from anyone else?”

Loenthal was slightly flustered at the sudden insolence. “Well, no, but I doubt you can either, at a glance. What of it?”

“Well, it just seemed better to have you holding court and asking questions and what have you, but I think we should be deciding who goes where. Neither you nor the guard can protect us, so I don’t see why you should judge us either like you’ve done us some huge favour.” The murmur of agreement was stronger this time. 

Loenthal stood up, eyes blazing. “How do you think Pendel stayed safe last night after their run-in with the vigilante? Who’s posted guards on all of your houses?”

“Can you say that those guards aren’t corrupt?”

“I–” Loenthal snapped. “Fine. If you want paranoia, do this yourself. Anyone who wants to consult me can, given I’ve actually survived these idiots. If you can do without a lord, though, it’s in your hands now.” He motioned to Henry, who sidled up and whispered in his ear, “Did someone poison your brother? Because you look ready to unleash some great vengeance and furious anger on these people.” 

“You know, for the first time, I think you may have turned your joke into a passing cloud, because it skidded right over my head,” replied Loenthal surprisingly cheerfully. The crowd looked subdued, and was quieter than usual, but it was eyeing Henry unusually. Loenthal gave him a small shove. “Go. Talk with them a bit. If nobody wants to listen to me, maybe they can tolerate you for longer than I will.”

Henry grinned, and ran off to do so. The sun climbed high into the sky, and much of the village seemed to have lost its immediate appetite for justice. Henry was being questioned by two or three of the townsfolk, and a few others split off into private meetings, but as the day wore towards evening and the talking continued, Loenthal was proven right: the village had little idea what to do. Many had spent the whole day in heated debate, and others had simply gone off to their household tasks, but as evening drew near, one of the villagers finally snapped, pushing Henry in front of Loenthal. 

“All right, fine. You win, maybe. But account for the actions of your secretary here!” 

Loenthal blinked. “What do you have against him?”

“He was part of the group that looked to kill Riggs yesterday, and we know he wasn’t a Spiked or anything like that. And then last night Pendel gets a scare from some random visitor, and we know he’d been talking about Henry’s connection to this Spiked group. Maybe the traitors are the ones closest to you after all, and that’s how they got in to attack you the other night!” 

Henry spluttered. “I think you’ll find me completely free of any charges of swapping rug merchandise, as I’m certainly not a trader!” He turned indignantly to Loenthal. “My Lord, they must think I’m a person’s last will and testament, since they intend to execute me! Please do something.”

Loenthal sighed. He liked Henry, but the points raised had a certain amount of sense to them. That said, he was pleased at being consulted and wasn’t going to back down from his stance on no-deaths. “Very well. We’ll detain and examine Henry, and I don’t think we’ll be letting him decide anything in the near future, but we won’t kill him. Straight to pun jail instead.” Henry raised an eyebrow, but bowed thankfully, mainly happy to keep his life. As the guard led him away, he fired a parting shot over his shoulder. “My arrest must be playground equipment in the fog, because this is a swing and a mist.” 

Loenthal sighed. “I won’t miss that, at least. But you have to promise me one thing,” he continued, gazing into the haggard faces of the debaters who had brought Henry forward. “You will find the parents of that kid I’ve been shepherding around. I need a new secretary, and I’d feel better with parental permission.”

Saffron Iguana was a Village Soother!

Vote Count:
Saffron Iguana (5): Azure Mouse, Charcoal Hyena, Emerald Falcon, Onyx Flamingo, Pearl Chameleon, Salmon Meerkat
Scarlet Octopus (4): Chartreuse Penguin, Coral Swan, Oxblood Beagle, Saffron Iguana
Onyx Flamingo (2): Fuchsia Ostrich, Mint Heron
Amethyst Scorpion (1): Turquoise Gorilla
Magenta Albatross (1): Amber Vulture
Pearl Chameleon (1): Violet Axolotl
Turquoise Gorilla (1): Amethyst Scorpion

Night 2 has begun! It will end in 22 hours on Sunday 9 January, 10:00 PM EST. Get your actions in! 

Player List

1. Amber Vulture
2. Amethyst Scorpion - Sidor, newly resigned Hazekiller (Guardsman)
3. Azure Mouse
4. Charcoal Hyena
5. Chartreuse Penguin - Aethex (Jester)
6. Coral Swan - Su (Jaist)
7. Emerald Falcon
8. Fuchsia Ostrich - Freddie (Glutton)
9. Ivory Dragonfly (Unlucky)
10. Magenta Albatross (Past Lives)
11. Mauve Crocodile (Gambler) Vanilla Villager
12. Melon Dingo - Scimon Tlag (Merchant)
13. Mint Heron - Tivend Elons (Casanova)
14. Onyx Flamingo (Gossip/Casanova)
15. Opal Lion Vanilla Villager
16. Oxblood Beagle
17. Pearl Chameleon (Secret :) )
18. Plum Rhinoceros (Prophet-ish)
19. Quartz Zebra (Drunk/Jaist)
20. Saffron Iguana (Helpful Heckler) Village Soother
21. Salmon Meerkat - Kellehrt, local farmer and possible madman
22. Sapphire Elephant
23. Scarlet Octopus (Neat, Extremist Priest)
24. Sunburst Toucan
25. Turquoise Gorilla (Game Show Host)
26. Violet Axolotl - Dyring (Neat Innkeeper)

Did we move the old Edgedancer role to Scadrial? Because sliding in PMs is still allowed.

Edited by Elbereth

Why am I not surprised.

Twice that's happened now .-. I guess the difference this time is I turned around on Iguana instead of trusting them from the beginning, like I did Croc. Will analyze the votes on Iguana because there is definitely something useful there.

I appreciate the pun tribute to Iguana in the PM reminder (and in the writeup), thanks GMs :P But @Elbereth @Fifth Scholar could you add the VC? As I say this you're probably editing it in, sorry to ping you :P.

Praise the Ja!