Zvso – A Roleplay

Mystic Syn

Noticing that the group of vicious Mystics were beginning to leave the bloodied scene, Locke let the cigarette in his mouth fall nimbly to the ground, before grinding the ashes and embers under his heavy boot onto the wooden highway.

As he did so, with hands in his pockets and a casual demeanor, Locke turned slightly to glance down the street behind him. Near the corner of one of the intersections a couple of buildings down, he noticed a figure quickly duck out of sight as they disappeared back into one of the side streets. The individual had only been in view for half a second, but Locke already had a strong idea of who it was that would be following him.

Frowning to himself, Locke sighed before turning back towards the rouge Mystics, who had now begun making their way deeper into the maze of walkways and buildings. Slipping his way silently around the edges of the mortified crowd that still lingered around the eviscerated Pacis, Locke began to walk in the general direction of the dangerous Mystics, keeping a comfortably safe distance as to not provide any indication or intention that he was tailing them.

If everyone else is good, I'm down for a timeskip as now as well..

Velo sighed and stopped twitching as the commotion stopped. He looked into the corner, and there he was. "H-H-H-H-Hello my friend." The figure in the corner twisted around, it's bodyshape distorting in horrific ways. Velo started laughing maniacally. And just like that, The Shade was gone. Velo stood up and walked outside without a sound.

I'm not important, so if my opinion even matters (which I doubt), timeskip away.

Edited by Sequence

Ahhhh, sry. It’s been wack and I’m still trying to wake up, so I apologize for the crap post.

We gonna timeskip.

Ji led them through highways, avoiding people’s gazes while still looking onward. People made room, shying away from the others as well. Ji looked at the buildings, counting them him his head before settling on one that looked more run down than the others. He marched forward, past the people standing outside who didn’t give him or the people with him another glance.

Opening a door with a grunt, it led to a large, but dark room with high ceilings filled all assorted items. There were a few cots here and there, but none of them looked like they’ve been used in a while. Food wrappers laid on the ground, mostly pushed into a pile that was meant to be a trash can. Tattered clothes hung from strings, looking mostly clean, all things considered. There were a few devices, even a television in the corner, but the real question was if they worked or not. The whole place looked like it had once been something, but was now long abandoned.

Ji sat himself on one of the cots, gesturing to the place. “Make yourselves at home,” he muttered, his voice echoing.

"It's a Blighting mess." Ne'ik grumbled, sitting up. "I'd be surprised if I didn't catch any number of filthy Mystic diseases just by breathin' the air of this place."

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes
Blighting apostrophe in my Blighted character's Blighting name.

Ne'ik sniffed and lay down on his cot. Arguing with a Mystic about this is not going to be worth it. He rolled onto his side, facing away from the three Mystics.

I'm bored and Ne'ik doesn't want to do character development right now. Should we get attacked?

24 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Elya set her head against the wall. "Do tell."

He rolled his eyes and turned towards the others, clasping his hands together.

“This place used to be a hospital, believe it or not, years ago,” Ji said, staring at the ground, his voice growing soft. “One of the best in the whole city, if not Province. Lifegivers from everywhere would come to this place in particular to learn before going to Medela further in the city. Harmonies kept the order, helping where they could. There were also Recallers, helping those with memory loss to remember who they were, as long as they were willing. It was a place of peace, a place where all people came to be healed, a place where you could forget about the world. That changed…

“One day, a man came in with his daughter. His daughter was really, really sick, to the point where she couldn’t even walk anymore. The man came in, saying how the Medela was too far away and he was afraid to lose her just by taking the journey there. He then begged the Lifegivers that they would heal her, to which they agreed, carefully taking the daughter to another room from watching eyes. They allowed the man in the room as they worked, giving everything they could physically while also working on her with their powers. Minutes, which slipped into hours went by. The Lifegivers worked tirelessly, trying to save her life… but they were too late. She passed into the Spiritual Realm after the third hour of working. The father was distraught, clutching the poor child in his arms, trying to give life, but with no success. He was forced to leave his daughter’s body for the Lifegivers to purify, letting himself mourn as he went back home.

“Months later, the same father came in, this time with his son. The boy was no older than three, but he had fallen ill like his sister. The man went up to the Lifegivers, saying, ‘I know you weren’t able to save my daughter, but please try to save him.’ The Lifegivers agreed, taking the boy into the same room as his sister. They worked on him like they did his sister, except trying harder to bring him back, knowing that they didn’t want another life to slip through their fingers… but his did. After the second hour, the boy’s spirit faded. The man was more distraught this time than the last, for who knows what reason, but he eventually left to go home after being forced away from his son’s body.

“Not even a few days later, the man came in, deranged this time. What little did people know was that he was a Deathgranter, and he had come for revenge. Thin, but sharp ribbons of some sort came and instantly killed whoever it touched, no matter if they were Mystic, Nihil, or even in a patient. The man yelled incomprehensible nonsense, screaming for the people who let his children die. It didn’t take long for them to die too. He was on a rampage, killing everyone in sight. The Pacis was called moments later after hearing a commotion in the hospital. They tried talking to the man to come with them, multiple times, but it only ended with Pacis members dead, with the man screamed, ‘You can’t take me like you did with my family!’ They tried again to calm him down, but he only said after that, ‘I’m going to burn this place to the ground, as well as your government!’ With no other choice, the Pacis gunned him down, with his dying words being a curse on the place, that no one will ever be healed on this ground again.

“The Pacis didn’t believe him, but oh, everyone else did. They quickly left this place in fear of that curse that he left, though no one knows if it’s true or not. No matter how hard they scrubbed the bloodstains always came through, of the massacre of what that man did. Even today, you can see those stains and the anguish of a man who was broken and left without a family.”

Silence hung for a moment, before Ji looked up and seemed to have the smallest bit of reverence in his eyes.

“Trust me,” he said, “when you’ve been on the streets for as long as I have, you hear everything about what happened, down to the little whispers, especially when you make this place one of your safe houses.”

Ji leaned back. “The Pacis doesn’t like it when people know about this, so the people who live near the government buildings and are rich don’t hear anything. They don’t even know that this place even exists.”