Nuatoma

Dragonsteel Mini Con

16 posts in this topic

Kind of let slip in the newsletter today that they will be doing a two day Dragonsteel mini con November 22-23.  No other details in the newsletter.

He also confirmed he'll be at FanX, which I've also never been to so guess now I should decide if I should get to at least one of these events this fall.

How or where do you register for either? Where will they be?

5 hours ago, BenduLuke said:

How or where do you register for either? Where will they be?

FanX is in Salt Lake City, Utah, and I imagine that Dragonsteel Mini-Con will be somewhere in the same vicinity. I don't believe you can register for Mini-Con yet, but FanX you should be able to, given it's only a little more than a month away at this point.

Has anyone heard anything more about this Dragonsteel mini-con?  My boys and I live in San Diego and are interested in going, but I don't want to purchase plane tickets, rent a car, etc. if it isn't happening, and I do want to get them soon if it is.  TIA

Great job digging that up!

Looks like only 150 people will be able to get in the traditional "signing line," selected randomly through a lottery. (Edit: 150 tickets, 2 people per ticket, so up to 300.) There were, like, 2000 people at the last release party, so those odds aren't too good. It might be better to book a last-minute trip to FanX, for those whose goal is to meet Brandon.

Edited by Pagerunner

I am curious how you even managed to dig this up :P

Looking throughout the pages, I might get some amount of merch to be shipped to me, but I don't like the (mini)con's COVID protocols, so I think I'll skip on the actual attendance. I hope there will be more release parties / conventions like this one in the future that I can attend.

4 hours ago, Argent said:

Looking throughout the pages, I might get some amount of merch to be shipped to me, but I don't like the (mini)con's COVID protocols, so I think I'll skip on the actual attendance. I hope there will be more release parties / conventions like this one in the future that I can attend.

Probably for the best. From the Code of Conduct:

Unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to:

• Sustained or repeated disruption of Dragonsteel Mini-Con or interruption of other fans.

D:

Excuse me, Brandon had nothing but good things to say about me in the most recent livestream!

I went to the page to try and buy the book, but it doesn’t seem to be letting me?

56 minutes ago, mbradsha said:

Thanks for all the info from everyone.  It looks like Brandon just did his weekly update and gave a huge amount of info all about this mini-con.  Here is the link for that:

https://www.brandonsanderson.com/huge-announcement-ww-and-fanx-update/

I think the books and other stuff go on sale this Wednesday, 9/15 (I found that in the FAQ section on the mini-con webpage).

Oh, thank you!

1 hour ago, Argent said:

D:

Excuse me, Brandon had nothing but good things to say about me in the most recent livestream!

The Evgeni Fanclub trailing you everywhere might be disruptive, though!

Suddenly I'm thinking back to a year ago, when the Kickstarter for The Way of Kings went live and the page was all but entirely unusable for the first half hour or so as it got swamped with so much traffic.

Registration goes live in approximately 1 hour.  Anyone care to speculate on how well the server will hold up?

EDIT: Yup.  The site is slowed to a crawl, with page loads taking over a minute when they don't fail entirely with nginx errors.

Edited by Mason Wheeler

If anyone's registration stalls out at a step marked "Checkout" after hitting the Add To Cart button, there's a glitch in the site's coding.  It's attempting to send you on to https://minicon.dragonsteelbooks.com/cart and failing.  Go to there after the Add To Cart step and you'll be able to check out.