card/board games

Chasmgoat

Hi everyone, my family has a LOT of card/board games. I was wondering what your favorites are and this is just a place where you can talk about them...

Also, has anyone heard of the game "coup"? I might start a forum game based on it if anyone is interested (please tell me if you are interested). It is about lying and deception. It is one of my favorites.

I'm totally interested in playing it, I love coup! My brother and I would take our set camping every time we went, so our cards are very worn down. 

My family is also Board game obsessed. (I just tried to say all my favorite ones but the list got to long so) Top 3: Betrayal at house on a hill, Dominion, and...Werewolf. It physically pains me not to say any more. 

Ooh my family too. I haven’t heard of any of your guy’s games, and you’ll have probably not heard of mine. My dad is really into random obscure board games. 

Some favorites include: Spice Road, Lords of Waterdeep, Azul, Dice Forge, and a more common one, Catan. 

9 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Hi everyone, my family has a LOT of card/board games. I was wondering what your favorites are and this is just a place where you can talk about them...

Also, has anyone heard of the game "coup"? I might start a forum game based on it if anyone is interested (please tell me if you are interested). It is about lying and deception. It is one of my favorites.

Coup is so much fun! 

8 hours ago, Hentient said:

I'm totally interested in playing it, I love coup! My brother and I would take our set camping every time we went, so our cards are very worn down. 

My family is also Board game obsessed. (I just tried to say all my favorite ones but the list got to long so) Top 3: Betrayal at house on a hill, Dominion, and...Werewolf. It physically pains me not to say any more. 

All three are very good board games. Although, When you say werewolf, I think one night ultimate werewolf. I'm assuming your talking about one that goes multiple nights?

7 hours ago, Danex said:

Ooh my family too. I haven’t heard of any of your guy’s games, and you’ll have probably not heard of mine. My dad is really into random obscure board games. 

Some favorites include: Spice Road, Lords of Waterdeep, Azul, Dice Forge, and a more common one, Catan. 

I have heard of Dice Forge and Lords of waterdeep, and my family owns Catan.

As for my favorite board games, that includes: Dead of Winter, Mistborn: House War, Pandemic Legacy Season 1, Betrayal Legacy, Smash up and the munchkin games, just to name a few.

9 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Coup is very fun. I would play, if I had more time. 

Ok, here is a list of my favorites in no particular order. Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Bang!, Munchkin, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Scythe, Forbidden Desert, Scrabble, Ticket to Ride (Europe), Dominion, Killer Bunnies, Smash Up, Roll for the Galaxy, Cosmic Encounter, Exploding Kittens, Coup, Catan, Risk, Monopoly, Azul, Egyptian War, MTG, Call to Adventure, Pandemic, Axis & Allies, Flux, Clue, Werewolf, Battleship, Chess, Chinese Checkers, Mancala, Backgammon, Codenames, Carcassonne, Wingspan.

You can probably tell I like board/card games. :P There are probably more that I can't think of right now.

38 minutes ago, Experience said:

Coup is very fun. I would play, if I had more time. 

Ok, here is a list of my favorites in no particular order. Star Wars: Imperial Assault, Bang!, Munchkin, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Scythe, Forbidden Desert, Scrabble, Ticket to Ride (Europe), Dominion, Killer Bunnies, Smash Up, Roll for the Galaxy, Cosmic Encounter, Exploding Kittens, Coup, Catan, Risk, Monopoly, Azul, Egyptian War, MTG, Call to Adventure, Pandemic, Axis & Allies, Flux, Clue, Werewolf, Battleship, Chess, Chinese Checkers, Mancala, Backgammon, Codenames, Carcassonne, Wingspan.

You can probably tell I like board/card games. :P There are probably more that I can't think of right now.

Yes Yes Yes! Except not monopoly cause that always ends in tears at my house

1 hour ago, HoidWasTaken said:

All three are very good board games. Although, When you say werewolf, I think one night ultimate werewolf. I'm assuming your talking about one that goes multiple nights?

Yeah, Ultimate. But I also really like One Night Werewolf.

10 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Coup is storming awesome, but my favorite game of all time is scythe.

You play as 5 different tribes trying to become the best. You get huge mechs you can fight with and it's awesome.

1 hour ago, Araris Valerian said:

My favorite board/card games are Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy, Terraforming Mars, Spirit Island, and Race for the Galaxy. Of course, there are plenty of others I enjoy.

I completely forgot Terraforming Mars! It is possibly one of the most well made games I have played. Tons of replay value, so many different ways to win.

1 hour ago, Shard of Reading said:

Coup is storming awesome, but my favorite game of all time is scythe.

You play as 5 different tribes trying to become the best. You get huge mechs you can fight with and it's awesome.

I also love that there are sooo many possible ways to win the game and it's different every single time.

1 minute ago, Shard of Reading said:

You play?!?! What's your favorite tribe? (I like the white one. I don't remember their name.)

I think probably blue, but it depends on my mood. Blue is really good for the strategy of getting all your workers, then mass producing oil and food for recruitments and upgrades. And then they can swim across the river and mass produce other stuff. I also like the one where you can do same action in a row though because you can move so much.

Just now, Experience said:

I think probably blue, but it depends on my mood. Blue is really good for the strategy of getting all your workers, then mass producing oil and food for recruitments and upgrades. And then they can swim across the river and mass produce other stuff. I also like the one where you can do same action in a row though because you can move so much.

Rusivet. I've only played as them once but I really like it because I just made a whole bunch of communist jokes

2 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Rusivet. I've only played as them once but I really like it because I just made a whole bunch of communist jokes

Ya lol. Also, the achievement sheet thing, I feel like there should be one for winning without any stars, cause that would be amazing.

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Ya lol. Also, the achievement sheet thing, I feel like there should be one for winning without any stars, cause that would be amazing.

I don't even try for most of them. They seem impossible. But it would be awesome and you would have my undying respect.

Edited by Shard of Reading

Guest Somebody from Scadrial
1 minute ago, Experience said:

That would be cool, personally scythes the only abnormal boardgame we own (here's pushing for that Jiu Jitsu card game that's coming out in December) but my family loves it. Personally I like Rusviet and Saxony with Crimea a close third.

4 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I don't even try for most of them. They seem impossible. But it would be awesome and you would have my undying respect.

It was mid game and I realized I didn't have any stars yet so I went for it and got...last. It's so hard.

3 minutes ago, Somebody from Sel said:

That would be cool, personally scythes the only abnormal boardgame we own (here's pushing for that Jiu Jitsu card game that's coming out in December) but my family loves it. Personally I like Rusviet and Saxony with Crimea a close third.

The craziest board game we have is Imperial Assault, and my brothers and I have spent hundreds of hours playing it.