Siren's Call: an RP

Negative_Null

Okay, time to see what Lloyd is up to...

Lloyd walked into the tavern and started to look through the details on the sheet of wanted criminals. He needed something that would get him both money, and power. He needed the money to keep this annoying human body Alice and he needed the power so he would stand a chance when he tried to save Trace. "How much is this one worth?" Lloyd said, pointing at a rouge duster who had murdered a family.

Anyone wanna be the random people?

32 minutes ago, Condensation said:

"It was Janice, not Trace. Trace would never do something like that, and Janice would never do anything like what Trace did."

The colonel turned towards Cadenza, "I need you to explain this whole thing about Trace and Janice; I have absolutely no clue what is happening with her . . . or them."

I'll probably jump in at some point Pinto.

Edited by The Ward's Guard

10 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

The colonel turned towards Cadenza, "I need you to explain this whole thing about Trace and Janice; I have absolutely no clue what is happening with her . . . or them."

"So Janice was my friend, but then something happened when we got captured and Trace took over her body. She was pretty much always in control until just now, when Janice took over again. But I think Trace is still in there, like Janice was."

14 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr did not take offense, again.  It knew intrinsically that the barbs were intended to invoke some outrage.  That was the point.  Show some flaw, some discrepancy, some deviation from the Queen's expectations, and when it did, it would be crushed back into the appropriate form and shape.  It wasn't a fool.  It wasn't mindless.  But it knew that it had no action to defend itself, and no thought could ever protect it.  Service was the only path to survival.  "I shall dispose of the girl on your command," Vespyr said aloud, signaling to Janice that there would be no hesitance regarding obedience.  

14 hours ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr moved immediately.  In the breath of a moment, Vespyr was at Trace's side, and with strong, firm arms bound the girl's arms behind her with one of its tassels, forceful and precise.  Janice had chosen poorly.  It wasn't Vespyr's fault that Trace had failed astronomically and that humans were mostly composed of those too foolish to fear.  Effectively, Janice now had a kiddie-leash.

Because Null has school and college to do, I say we just assume that the Queen told Vespyr to yeet Janice so we can continue the plot without riding on a semi-inactive player.

"Vespyr," Janice whispered, "can you please take me back to my friends?"

42 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Vespyr," Janice whispered, "can you please take me back to my friends?"

While that would be a possibility, @Negative_Null also said his character's intent was to have Trace brought back physically.  Maybe we should ask him for a clarifying post before assuming?

Also, Vespyr keeps their name very secret.  It's a mark of individuality.  It introduced itself as Siren to Trace and Cruz, but still thinks of itself using its human name.

And wouldn't the Queen tell Vespyr to kill Janice outright so Trace would be ensured to be returned?  Vespyr would likely ensure the job was done well unless specifically told "drop her in the ocean and leave her."

Vespyr was still.  It was an odd picture, the creature, a statue that flew like an arrow.  The only sound was the thrashing of the wind past Janice's ears as Vespyr awaited any further orders from The Queen.

Edited by ProfetessaOscura
Editing in specifics...

1 hour ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr was still.  It was an odd picture, the creature, a statue that flew like an arrow.  The only sound was the thrashing of the wind past Janice's ears as Vespyr awaited any further orders from The Queen.

K, but...

Waiting all day to post as Janice isn't fun.

20 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Waiting all day to post as Janice isn't fun.

Vespyr landed on their spire with Janice.  The trip had been long and arduous, without further comment by the Queen.  The disfigured creature landed and gently guided Janice to the ground.  "We will spend the night here and approach the Queen in the morning."  Despite being incredibly powerful, it was difficult to maintain such a fast pace safely while burning away the nectar at an effective rate.  Vespyr had often drank from the bottles contained in its bag.  Finally, it had virtually run out of the stuff, just as they reached the Spire.  

It was an odd little... home?  If this bare peak of stone protruding from the ocean could be called such a thing.  The top was large, studded with spiked stone protrusions.  There was no furniture, no comforts to speak of, just a vertical stone slab with hollow cubbies chipped into the side.  From one of these, Vespyr restocked their bag with more bottles of the nectar, clearly not trusting Janice enough to leave it in the open.  Vespyr pulled Janice along with the tassel that bound her, clearly not wanting her to go exploring.  The creature took a sip from one of the bottles with a shaking hand.  A moment later, the hand was steady again.  "Where would you like to sleep?" it asked, gesturing at the stony ground with its hands, as if offering her a choice between duck or goose down-feather mattresses.  

This could be an opportunity.  It didn't speak... much.  But this creature did speak, and it had shown some kind of kindness and reason, in its own way.  At least, it wasn't cruel.  

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

Vespyr landed on their spire with Janice.  The trip had been long and arduous, without further comment by the Queen.  The disfigured creature landed and gently guided Janice to the ground.  "We will spend the night here and approach the Queen in the morning."  Despite being incredibly powerful, it was difficult to maintain such a fast pace safely while burning away the nectar at an effective rate.  Vespyr had often drank from the bottles contained in its bag.  Finally, it had virtually run out of the stuff, just as they reached the Spire.  

It was an odd little... home?  If this bare peak of stone protruding from the ocean could be called such a thing.  The top was large, studded with spiked stone protrusions.  There was no furniture, no comforts to speak of, just a vertical stone slab with hollow cubbies chipped into the side.  From one of these, Vespyr restocked their bag with more bottles of the nectar, clearly not trusting Janice enough to leave it in the open.  Vespyr pulled Janice along with the tassel that bound her, clearly not wanting her to go exploring.  The creature took a sip from one of the bottles with a shaking hand.  A moment later, the hand was steady again.  "Where would you like to sleep?" it asked, gesturing at the stony ground with its hands, as if offering her a choice between duck or goose down-feather mattresses.  

This could be an opportunity.  It didn't speak... much.  But this creature did speak, and it had shown some kind of kindness and reason, in its own way.  At least, it wasn't cruel.  

Janice just shook her head, hugging her knees to her chest and burying her face in them.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice just shook her head, hugging her knees to her chest and burying her face in them.

The creature hesitated.  Children were fragile, after all.  It knew that much, at least.  It reached into another cubby and withdrew a single scratchy, wool blanket.  This, it draped over Janice.  Head and all, as if it didn't quite know how to tuck someone in.  "Here." it said.

Just now, ProfetessaOscura said:

The creature hesitated.  Children were fragile, after all.  It knew that much, at least.  It reached into another cubby and withdrew a single scratchy, wool blanket.  This, it draped over Janice.  Head and all, as if it didn't quite know how to tuck someone in.  "Here." it said.

Janice shivered despite the blanket's warmth. "I want to go home."

2 hours ago, Condensation said:

"So Janice was my friend, but then something happened when we got captured and Trace took over her body. She was pretty much always in control until just now, when Janice took over again. But I think Trace is still in there, like Janice was."

Even with this explanation, the colonel still looked somewhat confused.

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Cadenza looked down, fingering her new scars. "Can I borrow a jacket or something? I'm getting... a little chilly." Better that reasoning than the actual one.

The colonel looked up at Cadenza, "all I have is what's on me." He gestured to his combat uniform.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Janice shivered despite the blanket's warmth. "I want to go home."

The creature sighed and sat beside the child, who looked now rather much like a gray rock themselves, tented in the blanket.  "I do not know where that is, and I cannot take you.  There is no comfort in honesty.  I apologize for the inconvenience."

1 minute ago, ProfetessaOscura said:

The creature sighed and sat beside the child, who looked now rather much like a gray rock themselves, tented in the blanket.  "I do not know where that is, and I cannot take you.  There is no comfort in honesty.  I apologize for the inconvenience."

"I want to go back to my friends." Janice looked at her. "Please, Siren. Don't you understand that your Queen's going to... do bad things to me?"

28 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Blue with black accents, or vice versa. Seems like it'd be fitting. Alternately, you could always go for bright red.

So she started with this outrageous Duster's outfit in icy white and blue, then she converted a uniform into her current style, which is burgundy and black.

19 minutes ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Even with this explanation, the colonel still looked somewhat confused.

The colonel looked up at Cadenza, "all I have is what's on me." He gestured to his combat uniform.

"Okay." Cadenza folded her arms, trying to hide them.

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Because Null has school and college to do, I say we just assume that the Queen told Vespyr to yeet Janice so we can continue the plot without riding on a semi-inactive player.

I feel vaguely offended, although I know you didn't mean it like that :P 

The current orders are indeed to have Janice brought to the Queen in person. I don't know what plans you have for Janice, but that's not the only possible outcome, it's just where it's going right now. 

Also, I have another arc to keep track of now...

Jay walked over to Cadenza and placed his jacket around her shoulders. "Don't lose that." Taking it off exposes arms with a fair amount of scars and burns, products of a warrior's life.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:44 AM, I Am A Fish said:

Xenia pulled out a pistol from her lab coat, and set it on the table.

"A few months ago we intercepted transmissions from the Myrian government stating that you had had some success with the implantation of artificial aspects, is this information accurate? I advise you to think carefully about what you say next."

Pearce nodded slowly. "I see. I did have... some degree of success. My records and data were mostly destroyed, however." He looks at Xenia with a searching glance. "Would you mind adjusting these cuffs? They are rather tight, and certainly aren't helping my carpal tunnel."