Please make this happen

Kalaksbreath

I am a HUGE Steris fan but I don't really think that is her style.  It would be interesting to see her wield the bands of morning(or just carry them in her purse for a while) but I don't think the offensive nature of allomantic powers would appeal to her much.  Maybe put her in charge of Kandra security for the bands?  She and Wax could kind of play against each other with her trying to anticipate everything he would do to get them and him trying to figure out how to break in past her security.

Edited by Karger

3 hours ago, Kalaksbreath said:

Imma be sad if Brandon doesn’t give Steris lerasium at some point in mistborn 4.:D

Honestly I think it would be more fitting if it was revealed that she was an Atium misting. She plans for the future all the time as it is, and she would have no way of knowing until Atium reappeared in the Pits (or if Marsh feels generous with his stash for compounding).

While I agree that it would be cool, I personally don’t think we need any more allomancer main characters in era two. It’s just personal preference, but I’d like Steris to stay as she is in terms of allomantic power. I like having that character who is ordinary in a world where there are people who can effectively fly, manipulate emotions and have superhuman strength. This also provides space for her individual strengths to shine, without being overshadowed by flashy powers. 

Additionally, her skills don’t lie in fighting or espionage, so while it may be interesting to watch her try to grapple with the powers the come with being a mistborn, I don’t think it’d suit her overall character. A mistborn character would also probably be too over-powered, considering that there are only mistings in era two. 

50 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Honestly I think it would be more fitting if it was revealed that she was an Atium misting. She plans for the future all the time as it is, and she would have no way of knowing until Atium reappeared in the Pits (or if Marsh feels generous with his stash for compounding).

Atium mistings no longer exist as part of the standard 16 after Sazeds ascension. 

55 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

While I agree that it would be cool, I personally don’t think we need any more allomancer main characters in era two. It’s just personal preference, but I’d like Steris to stay as she is in terms of allomantic power. I like having that character who is ordinary in a world where there are people who can effectively fly, manipulate emotions and have superhuman strength. This also provides space for her individual strengths to shine, without being overshadowed by flashy powers. 

+1. it is a downside of stories about people with superpowers, at some point those who lack said powers are just useless. i prefer when normal people can contribute too.

16 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Is that for sure confirmed? or is that just standard belief because Atium doesn't exist anymore? Genuinely asking.

I'd have sworn it was but now I can't find a WoB.

I mean it makes sense since Leras swapped Cadmium and Bendalloy for Atium and Malatium to get his anti-Ruin army, and now Cadmium and Bendalloy are back.  But, no I'm not sure its confirmed. 

16 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

+1. it is a downside of stories about people with superpowers, at some point those who lack said powers are just useless. i prefer when normal people can contribute too.

Well when aluminium is more prevalent and medallions are in common use, I suspect that might change ;-)

8 hours ago, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

I'd have sworn it was but now I can't find a WoB.

I mean it makes sense since Leras swapped Cadmium and Bendalloy for Atium and Malatium to get his anti-Ruin army, and now Cadmium and Bendalloy are back.  But, no I'm not sure its confirmed. 

Some of the atium mistings must have survived and I see no reason they could not breed true...

39 minutes ago, Karger said:

Some of the atium mistings must have survived and I see no reason they could not breed true...

We know Demoux survived and hell he is even still alive. Oh and the obligator king he survived and had kids. 

Ye so the only way I see seers no longer being a thing is if Sazed intervened. 

An alternative to Steris being revealed as a pure Atium misting is that she's the first revealed misting of a new Atium alloy. That would be a fascinating reveal for the end of Era 2, and possibly lead in nicely to the start of Era 3 with more of them being revealed throughout the trilogy.

3 hours ago, Karger said:

But I dont think that's how the genetics works. A thug is more likely to have a misting child yes but they will be a coin shot or rioter as often as they are a pewterarm. If Sazed put cadmium and bendalloy in I dont see how atium could possibly still be an option. 

Just now, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

But I dont think that's how the genetics works. A thug is more likely to have a misting child yes but they will be a coin shot or rioter as often as they are a pewterarm. If Sazed put cadmium and bendalloy in I dont see how atium could possibly still be an option. 

Sazad did not swap out anything.  Preservation wanted there to be 16 metals but pre industrial humans could not produce either cadmium or bendalloy so he "substituted" with atium and malatium.  Neither metal was part of the base 16 at any point.  The same might be true for seers.  Considering that the potential for seers is in the population it eventually shoud produce a few even if they did not know it unless it was somehow bread out.

On 05/07/2020 at 6:51 AM, Elsecaller_17.5 said:

But I dont think that's how the genetics works. A thug is more likely to have a misting child yes but they will be a coin shot or rioter as often as they are a pewterarm.

Actually as far as we know the Misting types are not equally common. Coinshots were mentioned to be more common.

On 05/07/2020 at 6:58 AM, Karger said:

Sazad did not swap out anything.  Preservation wanted there to be 16 metals but pre industrial humans could not produce either cadmium or bendalloy so he "substituted" with atium and malatium.  Neither metal was part of the base 16 at any point. 

WoB on replaced metals

It looks like Leras or his agent replaced aluminium. The question of who can burn alloys of atium (save for Mistborn) is so far unanswered I am afraid.

13 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

It looks like Leras or his agent replaced aluminium. The question of who can burn alloys of atium (save for Mistborn) is so far unanswered I am afraid.

I don't read the WoB that way.  It make more sense(to me at least) that Lerasas was moving the people he snapped around rather then the magic system itself.

4 minutes ago, Karger said:

I don't read the WoB that way.  It make more sense(to me at least) that Lerasas was moving the people he snapped around rather then the magic system itself.

It opens up a question. Where the other ratios equal? Did you get the same number of each type of Misting?

Secondly, when is your metal determined? Before you snap, what would an analysis of your spirit web yield: unsnapped Misting or unsnapped Misting of metal X?