Quick Fix 43: Mysteries in the Snow

Elkanah

1 minute ago, Ironfire said:

Well, pretend for a moment that the eliminators do not have a doc and do not know who each other are. 

In that case, would the game be fair with more eliminators than traders, or would there still be fewer eliminators?

There would still be more traders than elims. Normally, the game ends when elims outnumber or which parity with the village, so it doesn't make sense to start the game off with more elims than villagers. In a game this size and with a normal elim team I'd expect 3-4 elims. If the elims don't have a doc and they don't know the identities of their teammates, I'd bet that number's closer to 5-6. 7 would be a bit too much, and 8 would absolutely be way too much. 

• Alvron locked this topic

Unfortunately I don’t have too much to say as of yet, however I do agree that putting our perspective votes in the thread is important, as it is one of the best ways for the village to get information.

The possibility of elims without a doc is quite interesting, and I hope to ponder on that a little more as the game develops. 

4 hours ago, STINK said:

I like the quote under the PAFO though, nice touch

Yeah, high quality PAFOs are a sign of a good game.

If the elims don't know each other, it'd be funny if one of them accidentally killed another elim.

The number of players this game is 16, compared to 17 in QF11. QF11 had three eliminators, all of whom had roles.

I'm around, though not much today. I'm finally ending a marathon week of work tonight.

Elims probably know each other, but may have additional personal goals that would benefit from them voting on their target. Realistically, there's no way to know until we have either a confirmed elim! Priest or the game is over. Until then, we should just go on, business as usual. 

Alright, last post in the cycle for me. A couple of thoughts: First, Xinoehp's opening post feels very village to me. There's a bunch of stuff in there that the elim team might prefer we not consider too much (if they don't know eachother), or that'd be harder to spot in the rules if you already know that the elims do know each other.

Shanerockes post also feels different than they did in the last game, so I'm very, very tentatively inclined to trust him.

Also, to answer  the questions from @Ironfire:

The elims might not know who eachother are, but we're not sure. Best to assume they don't though, because that way we are unlikely to use faulty information to accuse or clear someone.

Regarding a game with more elims than villagers: It's not impossible. I've seen an 'inverse' game being played before, where the apparent roles of village and elims had been reversed. In that game all villagers where in direct contact with each other from the beginning though, and I don't think this game has a role that allows that.

Which brings me to my own vote. Everyone has checked in, so there's no point in going for an activity poke. I'm tempted to vote on Devotary because I know they're a pretty good deepwolf, which could be very dangerous if the elims indeed don't know each other, but by that logic I should consider voting for myself as well,a dn I'd prefer not to lynch soeone just because they  might be very dangerous.

I don't really like Elandera's comment that we should assume business as usual for this game, because that could be very dangerous if the elims don't know eachother, as business as usual could lead to people being cleared that really shouldn't be. That's the only thing that really stood out in a bad way, but I suppose that's where my vote will go.

3 minutes ago, Kynedath said:

@DeTess What is a deepwolf?

Someone who is good at doing all the things expected of a villager (such as in-depth analysis and the like), while being a wolf.

edit: Also, @EXPERIENCE, could you explain a bit more why you decide to go fro Elandera? And is there anyone else you do or don't trust?

Edited by DeTess

Behold, I am here! I had forgotten the quick fixes are now on super time speed. Back in my day, the days and nights weren't combined, so we had 48 hour cycles for these games. It means I have even less time to make a decision.

But behold, I have come to a conclusion. I am suspicious of Lesa (DeTess). Why, you may ask, my fellow citizens? Because, he is arguing that the followers do not know each other, and thus we cannot analyze lynch trains. To that, I say poppycock. Even if the Elims do not know each other to start, they probably can identify each other somehow, probably by some among them being priests! We do not know that the cultists know each other, but likewise, we also cannot assume the cultists do not know each other. Lesa has immediately jumped to a conclusion. i believe he is actually a cultist who does not know his fellow cultists, which is why he is so certain of his position.

8 minutes ago, EXPERIENCE said:

I guess I just voted on Elandera because you did. I also have a feeling that A Joe In The Bush might be bad, but it's just a gut feeling. I might vote @Sart if they don't talk at all.

That's rude. May I ask if anyone else has given you similar feelings?

7 minutes ago, Sart said:

But behold, I have come to a conclusion. I am suspicious of Lesa (DeTess). Why, you may ask, my fellow citizens? Because, he is arguing that the followers do not know each other, and thus we cannot analyze lynch trains. To that, I say poppycock. Even if the Elims do not know each other to start, they probably can identify each other somehow, probably by some among them being priests! We do not know that the cultists know each other, but likewise, we also cannot assume the cultists do not know each other. Lesa has immediately jumped to a conclusion. i believe he is actually a cultist who does not know his fellow cultists, which is why he is so certain of his position.

I don't think this is the best idea just yet. It would make more sense to wait a bit to see whether or not lynch trains are anaysable, and then lynch DeTess if they are. Right now it just feels like they're spitballing.

2 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

I don't think this is the best idea just yet. It would make more sense to wait a bit to see whether or not lynch trains are anaysable, and then lynch DeTess if they are. Right now it just feels like they're spitballing.

How would we figure out whether the lynch trains can be analysed? It seems like that would take at least two dead elims, one as a test case and then another who defended the first to 'prove' connectedness, while disconnectedness gets proven by an elim dying to the sacrifice or lynching someone who caused an elim's death and having them turn up evil. 

In the first iteration of this game, we had the GM say "Were any players (other than the eliminators) in PM contact with each other in the first two days?", which I'm interpreting as implying that the elims were PMing each other within the first two cycle despite not having a priest. In most games elims won't choose to kill each other, but it's usually technically possible.

29 minutes ago, EXPERIENCE said:

Ok, I'm going to change my vote over to A Joe In The Bush on a hunch. And @Elkanah on a Lynch vote tie do both targets die or is it random?

In the clarifications spoiler in the original post it said that any tied vote is decided randomly.