Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

1 minute ago, Enter a username said:

I am now very angry and you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Okay. Have this one, too. (You'll like this one better.)

• 1 month later...

I became a Zelda fan as an adult. I grew up casually playing my family’s PlayStation so it wasn’t ever an option. As an adult I have a Wii and Switch so I have played Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and BotW. I really love BotW and TLP. I’m more meh about SS. Zelda is about the most violent I can stand and some of the “monsters” in SS just seemed too beautiful/real of creatures to actually be killing. I also didn’t love the controls for it... I do tend to watch my husband play and he played SS way more than TLP so I got tired of it quick. I love the bigger worlds of BotW and TLP. SS felt small with only 3 real areas that only mildly change in the second half. And the robots, kikwis and mogmas weren’t as interesting as the other Zelda races. 
I have also watched him play ALttP. Haven’t tried playing myself yet though. I’d love to have a chance to play/watch Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time and Majora’s Mask someday. 
Some previous commenters reminded me that I really need to put the encyclopedias and art books on my Christmas list. 
Also, we have a Zelda cookbook at our house that we bought off Etsy. It is seriously worth it. We’ve only tried a few recipes so far and they have been delicious, but the humor throughout the book is fantastic. 

Yeah I really enjoyed that there were more diverse moves and different combos. The controls were more complex than in normal Hyrule Warriors which I appreciate, makes the game more interesting.

I actually didn't play it myself much; my brother played it while I did homework and I joined in once two player mode was available. I only played as Impa, which I really like, but I heard from my friend that Zelda has a cool move set once you get used to it.

And of course, the coot bebe eggy guardian :wub:

6 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Yeah, Zelda’s really fun once you get used to her, but Impa’s still my favourite because c l o n e s

Also yes to the precious egg guardian, I’m just hoping it doesn’t betray us :ph34r:

When I first saw the guardian in one of the gameplay videos I thought it was going to "crack" and turn in to a normal guardian and shoot Link and Impa :P

I don't know if I want to original hyrule warriors, but I sure as heck want to play age of calamity because it looks so storming cool!!!!

Edit: @Philomath if you ever get the chance I highly recommend windwaker. It's really amazing and exploring the huge world feels amazing.

Edited by Shard of Reading

Played the demo the other day for AoC, and for the most part, I’m satisfied. Introducing time travel right off the bat wasn’t... my favorite thing ever, but if it remains that and strictly just that I think I can live with it. Aside from the 1000 plot concerns I have with the people that made Hyrule Warrior now in charge of the BotW prequel, it seems pretty fun! The gameplay was a blast, I really enjoyed how it’s different from the traditional Zelda games.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, Shard of Reading said:

I don't know if I want to original hyrule warriors, but I sure as heck want to play age of calamity because it looks so storming cool!!!!

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Played the demo the other day for AoC, and for the most part, I’m satisfied. Introducing time travel right off the bat wasn’t... my favorite thing ever, but if it remains that and strictly just that I think I can live with it. Aside from the 1000 plot concerns I have with the people that made Hyrule Warrior now in charge of the BotW prequel, it seems pretty fun! The gameplay was a blast, I really enjoyed how it’s different from the traditional Zelda games.

I am so hype for HW:AOC!

I played the original Dynasty Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, and Breath of the wild and I was shocked how similar it seemed to BOTW. The Wall jumping, the paragliding. I found that Zelda was my favorite to play in the demo, although I did like Impa as well. Link's kit struck me as kind of stale tbh.

https://www.inside-games.jp/article/2020/11/06/129963.html

This website has some screenshots from the game (including content beyond the demo so if you don't want to see don't click on it) I'm intrigued by the eggy boi one

Also it's in Japanese, but if you have Google translate it it calls the game "The Apocalypse of the Zelda Warriors Disaster."

11 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

Also it's in Japanese, but if you have Google translate it it calls the game "The Apocalypse of the Zelda Warriors Disaster."

Well, that’s comforting :P

Has anyone else fought the Guardian head-on in the second battle? I did everything normally the first time, but the second time I decided “why not?”, and it was really fun! 

43 minutes ago, revelryintheart said:

@Channelknight Fadran you should post your theory here

Heck to the yes I should! Here's how I DM'd it to rev:

Spoiler

Okay
It's really complicated
So...
Here we go
Ahem
Once upon a time, there was Skyward Sword. Blah blah blah Minish Cap, blah blah blah Four Swords, blah blah blah OCARINA OF TIME
And then...
Timeline split!
We now have three timelines
Thanks a bunch, Nintendo
A few really good titles later, each of the three timelines comes to an "end." They've each run out of games
Then BotW comes around, and now everybody's arguing about which timeline it's in
After years of good evidence and bad youtube videos, people have kind of settled on a convergence theory
Only question is... when did the timelines converge?
The answer
Is really really complicated
I'm gonna give you a three-point mini timeline for Age of Calamity and BotW
First you have the Age of Calamity game, then you have the Great Calamity & Eggboy's Awakening, and then you have Breath of the Wild
I'm going to inform you now that the following is all assuming that Ganon's return in all three timelines is inevitable
That the Eggboy and the sealing of the Great Calamity happen no matter what
That moment is inevitable
Inevitable with a capital I. It's now a scientific term
Meaning that it will happen no matter how wonky the timeline gets; not just that it'll happen, but it'll happen at the exact same time
All three timelines have this same Inevitable moment, and they converge when the Eggboy goes back in time
And they go back in time as well
The timelines converge at a point in the future to be one in the past
Then as time flows normally from Age of Calamity up until Eggboy's Awakening, the three timelines are as one
But then something weird happens
At Eggboy's awakening, the timelines have all been chill. They've all been three timelines in one
However, there are more timelnes at the moment that Eggboy goes back in time
The same three timelines
That had converged in the future
So the three timelines are there at the same time twice, each having gone a different amount of time
Deep breath
Phew
Thoughts?

I played the original and the first sequel to their completion multiple times.  The original, I have both quests and their attendant level maps memorized, usually complete the whole thing without a death in around 3 hours? something like that.  Never got that good at Link to the Past though.

Unfortunately I never owned a Nintendo game system after the original NES.  I got to play maybe 20% of Ocarina of Time and enjoyed that, but never got to finish and I've not picked up any of the others across the years.

47 minutes ago, Mulk said:

I played the original and the first sequel to their completion multiple times.  The original, I have both quests and their attendant level maps memorized, usually complete the whole thing without a death in around 3 hours? something like that.  Never got that good at Link to the Past though.

Unfortunately I never owned a Nintendo game system after the original NES.  I got to play maybe 20% of Ocarina of Time and enjoyed that, but never got to finish and I've not picked up any of the others across the years.

While I have gotten to the end of the original, but I don't think I ever actually beat it.  i've tried The Adventure of Link and I couldn't get through it.  I think there is a good game buried in there, and its near the top of my list for a remake, but I just think that I'm too used to newer systems and I just can't handle its style with all the inherent limitations of the NES.

That's right it was Adventures of Link - I keep conflating it with Link to the Past for some reason.  Adventures of Link had two of the tougher boss fights I ever ran into on the NES, and they were basically back to back at the end of the game.  Maybe I'd find them easier now, I don't know.  I haven't picked

I guess maybe that's an advantage of being my age, having grown up with Pong and Atari and all that, but still young enough to grasp and adapt to the newer console stuff as it came out?  That I can downshift into 80s games without trouble and still enjoy them and then pop back up into ESO or HZD or whatever?  Maybe.  It can't be logically argued that games have more functionality and so much better graphics now, it's abundantly obvious.  Story telling in games though, the knack of pulling you into the game and getting you lost in it, that seems to be an art that transcends tech generations.  It has been something else to watch the tech jump from 8 bits to beyond 4k, let me tell you

• 2 weeks later...

My son proudly told any/all of my family we talked to today that he beat Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity this morning. Some people more than once. Ha ha. (He’s 7. It’s a very big deal for him.) He did have a bit of help from my husband. But he had a blast playing. And each new character you earned to play led to even more surprise and excitement for him which was absolutely hilarious at times. Seeing kids experience things is the best.

On Age of Calamity: Does anyone know if it is canon alternate timeline or just a for fun little bonus adventure?

And also, is there anyone who even likes Revali? What’s his problem!?! Ha ha. 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:50 PM, Philomath said:

My son proudly told any/all of my family we talked to today that he beat Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity this morning. Some people more than once. Ha ha. (He’s 7. It’s a very big deal for him.) He did have a bit of help from my husband. But he had a blast playing. And each new character you earned to play led to even more surprise and excitement for him which was absolutely hilarious at times. Seeing kids experience things is the best.

On Age of Calamity: Does anyone know if it is canon alternate timeline or just a for fun little bonus adventure?

And also, is there anyone who even likes Revali? What’s his problem!?! Ha ha. 

It’s canon! Nintendo collaborated with the creators of Hyrule Warriors and thought it would be fun to create a Hyrule Warriors game that actually fit into the timeline without messing up every other game.

Revali’s not snarky, he’s just got class