Nivallo

It seems Brandon is coming to Germany

73 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In case someone missed it. The signing will start at 4:30 pm, not at 6.

For Stuttgart, I mean.

Edited by Sorana

I was there at 4 pm and already got my books signed (I got TWO doomslug stickers for my Kaladin shirt :D).

And my question didn't get a RAFO which makes me veeeeeeery excited.

I’m here! This is so cool!

Anyone else? I’m wearing a Cosmere symbol shirt.

We're the guys standing next to the table and writing the questions and answers down... (no recording allowed thanks to european law)

51 minutes ago, Sorana said:

We're the guys standing next to the table and writing the questions and answers down... (no recording allowed thanks to european law)

Sounds like an Arcanist's nightmare. .

57 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"You have my respect, Sharders. When I'm done...I hope they remember you." - 2019 Sanderson, probably.

Jokes aside thanks for the hard work! 

Shout out to @PaleoCrafter

He typed, I listened and tried to fill him in on the things people asked while he was typing. Rhapsody helped as well. I really hope we got them right.

And here's something from Isaac Brandon allowed us to post. Something like that will end up on the spine of the upcoming Warbreaker edition. It's not 100% final, but close.

Spoiler

20190517_170517.thumb.jpg.66301f5d1ff0b0c571d3e1447d13e03b.jpg

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

He typed, I listened and tried to fill him in on the things people asked while he was typing. Rhapsody helped as well. I really hope we got them right.

And here's something from Isaac Brandon allowed us to post. Something like that will end up on the spine of the upcoming Warbreaker edition. It's not 100% final, but close.

Hide contents

*squeals in Fanboy*

This brings Tears to my eyes.

9 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Hide contents

They are so cool. and they were all really nice! 

It was an amazing experience!

I was the girl in the Kaladin shirt who asked the "Child of Tanavast" question! And I am officially the best looking person of the evening thanks to my shirt! Brandon said so! And I got two doomslug stickers (one from Brandon, one from Isaac)! Take that, fandom! :P

Regarding recordings from the May 2019 Germany signings, we have received the go ahead to allow them to be uploaded to Arcanum and transcribed. While hosted on Arcanum they will be hidden so that only Arcanists can listen to them and once transcribing is completed they will be deleted. Thank you for bearing with us while we navigated this issue.

1 hour ago, WeiryWriter said:

Regarding recordings from the May 2019 Germany signings, we have received the go ahead to allow them to be uploaded to Arcanum and transcribed. While hosted on Arcanum they will be hidden so that only Arcanists can listen to them and once transcribing is completed they will be deleted. Thank you for bearing with us while we navigated this issue.

So will the general population ever be able to view these WoBs? Or will they always remain hidden to appease European legalities?

Posted (edited)

Hi...I was that guy who stood up in the back at the same time as the other guy...super embarrassing.

Still I got 2 WoBs, paraphrased of course:

1. If a radiant tried to soulcast using stormlight directly from the highstorm what essences could they create?

A: Anything. They could create any essence. This is for radiant soulcasters not soulcasting fabrials.

2. Could a windrunner only lash part of something, like only a hand instead of an entire body?

A: This is theoretically possible. It’s like how Kelsier can push on a pole and make it spin. This would require a lot of skill however. But yes it is possible.

Edited by The Forumlurker

We're reviewing the WoBs right now to see if I made any glaring mistakes typing them up. After that, we'll of course put them here in a post for you all to see.

I also have a kind of embarrassing story: I took the wrong person's book back home >.> With all the excitement and because I had to go grab my laptop, I didn't pay much attention to what name was in the book I took from the pile on the table. I didn't notice until I arrived at home again.

So, Tobias, if you by any chance read this: Send me a message so we can figure out a way to exchange the books. If you won't read it, I guess we both can consider ourselves proud owners of an Oathbringer copy with another person's name. :rolleyes:

Hi Paleo,

it seems you received my Oathbringer copy. I also only noticed it once I arrived home.

I'll try to contact you through Discord so that we can sort this out.

7 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

So will the general population ever be able to view these WoBs? Or will they always remain hidden to appease European legalities?

The transcripts will be publicly available, it is only the audio that needa to be hidden/deleted.

On 17.5.2019 at 9:26 PM, Sorana said:

Reveal hidden contents

I am soo exciteeeed. Thank you, everyone who worked and works on this!!! :))

On 5/17/2019 at 0:35 PM, Stark said:

This brings Tears to my eyes.

Tears of Edgli?

*Goes in corner and dies*

On 5/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, Ark1002 said:

Tears of Edgli?

*Goes in corner and dies*

That is the implication I was hinting towards.  I am in now way shape or form involved in anything from Dragonsteel Entertainment, just a fan from Montreal.  That said, I cannot imagine another flower that would grace this book, so I think we are finally getting to see what the Tears look like.

And for you number lovers out there, I don't think it is coincidental that the flowers drawn there have five petals...

Interesting. Also worth of note was that there were 5 Scholars....is that Endowment's number, like 9 for Odium, 10 for Honor, 16 for Preservation?

I've never liked the fiveness some people ascribe to Nalthis, but maybe there is something to it...