SA 4 & 5 outlining up to 40%

platnumkid

Perhaps he awakened his computer with the injunction write for me?  I think he would know how to get enough breath and giving a keyboard the capacity to write for you that since it does not need to sleep or eat could explain his progress.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Winds Alight said:

18 % B)

Which means he's close to 20%, which is CRAZY, considering a little over 2 months ago he just started. Hopefully we'll get another update (my guess is at the 25% mark) before his tours in July. But even if he works at a pace of 10% per month (roughly 1% every three days, give-or-take), Sanderson still might not finish until January 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Which means he's close to 20%, which is CRAZY, considering a little over 2 months ago he just started. Hopefully we'll get another update (my guess is at the 25% mark) before his tours in July. But even if he works at a pace of 10% per month (roughly 1% every three days, give-or-take), Sanderson still might not finish until January 2020. 

I'll throw a party at 20%!
I believe january 2020 was his optimistic guess when he might finish it ... so I don't believe it likely to be done sooner.

27 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

I'd be thrilled if he was finished by January, we'd conceivably see the book by Christmas next year then!

Just now, NattyBo said:

I'd be thrilled if he was finished by January, we'd conceivably see the book by Christmas next year then!

Why is it that even the monumentally fast writing of the Sandman is not enough for us?

Just now, Winds Alight said:

1200 would make a 120 000 book. That would be very short for a Stormlight novel. I'd be disappointed by that. :D

If Reddit wasn't blocked at work, I'd google fu and confirm it, but I'm almost certain you're correct about the 4k words = 1%.  And agreed, thats why I came here to ask - my 1200 = 1% would have made for a really disappointing SA4!

2 minutes ago, Winds Alight said:

120k would maybe make a good Stormlight novella on how Drehy and Skar made it out of Kholinar B)

Brandon mentioned that the next SA novella will be Rock going home after Oathbringer. Which, I am seriously looking forward to 

But, this would also be a cool story to hear. I personally missed it more than seeing ‘the wedding’