Long Game 45: The House War

Straw

Mark sat in one corner of the hall, studying the guests. This was his first ball and he wasn't going to make a great blunder of it. 

One caught his eye though. The nobleman Steel. Mark almost burst out laughing when he saw him. For some reason, for the past hour, the man had been seated and was waving around a fishing hook in the ballroom, murmuring something about frying and bigger fish. He seemed to be glaring at each and every guest, Mark included. 

Perhaps I should stay clear of him Mark thought. 

1 hour ago, Mraize said:

(There was a gender change for obvious reasons... So Rend can dance with Rhazna if he so desires)

I just thought we'd go and meet people like Elend and his friends did. (Kinda)

Rend enters from the carriages, wanting to see who had arrived. Seeing Steel on the edge he walked over to see if he would like to speak.

Edited by ElephantEarwax

Looking entirely like just another court dandy, Jynx entered the ball. He looked like he was having a brilliant time, although in reality, he hated the fashion - It was so uncomfortable. Still, when one is attempting to blend in, one must look the part, no matter how ludicrous.

Choosing to forgo the dancing, Jynx instead retired to the dining tables, where he sat, to talk with others about what the future may hold.

@Straw - Just to confirm...

Cycles are ~47 (day)/24 (night) hours long. Night turns will start a bit after the Day turn ends, and will end at 5:00 PM. Day turns will start as soon as I am finished processing the Night turn actions. Day turns will end at 5:00 PM.

Means one cycle is both a day plus a night, right?

Also, someone asked but I don't recall seeing a reply, when you say 'death by inactivity,' do you mean the player is inactive just in this thread, or does it cover being inactive in thread, PMs, and docs?

Apologies for not being very present during day 1; yesterday was the first day of my summer internship, so I was pretty busy with that. I'll try my best to be more active in the coming days.

The dance ended, Rhazna looked down ribbing her hand against her arm, shyly, eyes on the floor.

"Thank you Lord Hadrian. Please excuse me." She said.

She hurriedly began walking back to her table. Stumbling halfway feeling herself falling.

( @MacThorstenson If Malcolm would like to dance then here is a good opportunity.)

Edited by Mraize

This writeup was written by Kidpen. Please direct all upvotes to her.

Amati smiled, flying through the air on a coin. That ball had been dreadfully boring anyway, there was no reason to stay. He had only snapped a few months ago, but since then he had had a wondrous time. Suddenly he paused as he noticed something odd. A group of five people stood in shadowy robes on a balcony. Amati pulled himself towards them on the railway, and asked, "What are you people doing here?". Suddenly, one of them looked up. "You have been chosen. We have all agreed that you need to die." Amati, realizing this was a mistake, started to back up, but before he could, the man in front stabbed him with a glass sword. Amati fell to the ground. And all went dark.

Kidpen is dead! She was a Gossip/Mistborn in House Lekal.

Araris (1): Anonymous

Fifth Scholar (3): Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous

Kidpen (5): Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous, Anonymous

MacThorstenson (2): Anonymous, Anonymous

Walin (2): Anonymous, Anonymous

The Day will end on May 10 at 5:00 PM EST.

bla_1525986000.png

List of Players:

1. MacThorstenson (Malcolm MacClaimen)
2. ElephantEarwax (Rend)
3. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod)
4. RippleGylf (Claire Lepinceau)
5. Mraize (Rhazien)
6. Elandera (Dera Renault)
7. Eternum (Aiden Ostlin)
8. Steeldancer (Steel)
9. Frozen Mint (Mint)
10. I think I am here (Itiah)