Long Game 43: Under the Banner of Adonalsium

Seonid

16 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

I'm so excited for this game. The game I've been the most excited for since LG29...

Same.  I may have re-read all of LG29 in preparation for this game.  :ph34r:  I now have a pretty good idea of what I want to do during the game, for each possible start scenario, plus RP and meta stuff. :P  Deciding your play style before you start adds something to the game, I think.

13 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I hope I get Hoid or a Shard that fits with my personality.  By the way, what world do you guys think is best?  I would say Silverlight, but they don't get a doc.

Silverlight is fun until all the shards are gone. :P  Then maybe Scadrial or something.  Extra lives FTW.

12 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Also, am I correct in seeing there is no faction kill?  That will make the game MUCH more interesting.

During the early game the Conversion functions as a faction kill, after that they should have enough members to have kills from somewhere.

But yes, I see no kills.

1 hour ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

I hope I get Hoid or a Shard that fits with my personality.  By the way, what world do you guys think is best?  I would say Silverlight, but they don't get a doc.

From memory for LG29 and LG26's World PMs, they don't tend to be very active. Occasionally there'll be an active world, but people are shy about group PMs. 

31 minutes ago, TheYoungPyromancer said:

Oh, I didn't see that.  By the way, have we broken the record for longest sign-up thread yet?

Definitely not. I doubt this is even half that. I don't know what it is, but could take a look around. 

Wilson and I just researched this together (as we both immediately started checking the answer), and LG38 has the longest signups at 10 pages. (Which, if you look at the rules, is somewhat unsurprising.) QF15 gets an honourable mention at 8 pages, because it had a ridiculous amount of pregame RP. 4-6 pages seems to be average. 

Spoiler
On 3/12/2018 at 3:15 PM, Elbereth said:

Elaria lay on her back, staring up at the leafy foliage of one of Silverlight’s enormous indoor gardens and enjoying the silence. While the lab was objectively more useful in terms of resources, she made do with a simple notebook every once in a while in return for the chance to think somewhere more pleasant. 

They’d used to make fun of her for it, but she always had her best ideas for experiments out here. 

She yawned. At least, she had her best ideas for experiments when she didn’t fall asleep instead...

Willie made his way to Garden 4, as head janitor it was his duty to ensure Silverlight labs remained clean, despite all the experiments that were constantly causing a mess. The gardens were just another one of his responsibilities. he still had to trim the grass in garden 4 as it was not befitting of Silverlight the length it was currently. Willie would have cut the grass earlier today, right after he finished garden 3, but there was a problem and he decided it would be easier to wait for it to go away.

As Willie entered garden 4 he realized the problem hadn't left though. The woman researcher was still taking a nap! How long had it been? It felt like days to WIllie but it probably wasn't that long. But Willie really needed to finish this so he could clean the containment chamber next.

"Oi you," (@Elbereth) Willie said raising his finger to point at the woman lying on the grass "mind geetin off your tuckus so some of us can make an 'onest living?" At the mention of 'living' Willie gestured to the grass cutters he had in his other hand.

Darrel’s face brightened considerably as the man began to reconsider his offer, but it fell just as quickly when he heard Jaimo say he was asking too much. He spluttered, interrupting Jaimo as he paused for a breath. “Did you say ‘too much?!’” Darrel cried indignantly. “Who do you think I am, a rug merchant? Why, those fools will triple the price of their work on the grounds that their rug is handwoven! As if that, of all things, improved the intrinsic worth of the rug itself! I have seen several handwoven rugs from Roshar, and let me tell you, the perfection of their arrangement pales in comparison to Scadrial’s machine-spun rugs. I use only the latter for my booth, for I would overpay were I to seek elsewhere for a quality floor covering. Honestly, rug merchants bring a bad name upon all merchants, and their merchandise! Curséd be their name and their profession!”

Pausing for breath, Darrel glanced up and saw Jaimo raise his eyebrow in bemusement, and realized he’d gone off on a tangent. While it did feel good to vent to someone about rug merchants (the very thought of them made Darrel shudder), he quickly refocused the conversation. “Anyway...you seemed to take to the idea of a color change? Why, that can be arranged most easily! In fact, if you can choose the color you would like now (personally, I think a navy blue would look quite striking with your cloak), I’ll even eliminate the fee for the dying process. Dying as in color, obviously...” he concluded with a nervous laugh. “So I’ll dye it this afternoon, and I can get it to you tonight. I don’t know if you have any plans tonight, but we could meet up at a tavern with Everen and a few other of your acquaintances from the lab. I’m considering a researcher position, in addition to my day job, and any connections I could leverage to help would be great. I’ll pay for dinner, of course. Just buy these gloves now, at a reduced price of a dozen broams, and I’ll bring them to you at the meet up, if you can get enough people to come. So, is a final figure of twelve emerald broams and dinner on me tonight enough to change your mind, friend? I’m personally excited to meet some of your fellow researchers.”

@Hemalurgic Headshot

29 minutes ago, Seonid said:

Totally forgot to mention this bit - and I'm glad I remembered before start time.

This game will start on a night turn. Happy converting! See you all in a few hours!

Well, glad I timed my RP so that it’ll be nighttime in-world by the time the game starts. Totally intentional. Totally.

Also, I suppose it makes more sense having a Night start, but I was kind of hoping a lynch on Hoid or Khriss would be possible before they’d converted anyone. Guess that can’t happen. 

5 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Also, I suppose it makes more sense having a Night start, but I was kind of hoping a lynch on Hoid or Khriss would be possible before they’d converted anyone. Guess that can’t happen. 

Which is exactly why we're starting on night turns...