Explain a Plot Badly

1 hour ago, A stick said:

This post was accidental. Now I can't delete it.

You can click on the report post button and ask the mods to do it for you. 

Most Roleplaying: 

Spoiler

We laugh and compliment each other on how broken and tortured our characters are. 

Ha I hadn't realized this thread was still going. Alright. 

Hoid Edition.

White Sand

Spoiler

Plot details unimportant but at some point an ageing failed god encounters instant noodles in an event that changes the fate of the Cosmere

Elantris

Spoiler

Homeless arms smuggler negotiates with an evil balloon to become a god. Fails. 

The Emperor's Soul

Spoiler

Clown betrays an art thief.

Mistborn

Spoiler

Informant sells some information, rides a dead guy, beats the hell out of another dead guy, steals a gem and saves some refugee monks.

Shadows for Silence in the Forest of Hell

Spoiler

warbreaker

Spoiler

Jongleur tells a story through interpretive sand. 

Stormlight Archive

Spoiler

Clown inspires a little girl, throws shade at some nobles, tells a story through interpretive smoke, hijacks a vehicle, visits a convict, hikes with a princess, emails some gods, inspires a big girl by retelling her story through interpretive smoke, makes a doll and finds a pet fractal. 

Mistborn era 2

Spoiler

Beggar hijacks a vehicle, tries to tell a story to Indiana Jones and throws a magic coin at Spiderman.

Edited by Extesian
Accidental spoilers

Cradle by Will Wight:

Spoiler

A guy founds out all the people who are super powerful that he has to defeat are actually weak worldwide. Repeat.

Elder Empire (same author) Shadow:

Spoiler

A ninja needs to save the world, fighting against an evil edgelord pirate.

Elder Empire Sea:

Spoiler

A pirate needs to save the world, fighting against an evil edgelord ninja.

Most people here probably haven't read these, but you should.

@Extesian "emails some gods" ok you got me there for some reason 

Guess i'm posting a Will Wight novels i read as well

House of Blades

Spoiler

A kid with a crazy mom follows a white-haired hermit who carries dolls(he also talks to the dolls) into a house full of housekeepers who tries to strangle you with chains unexpectedly all the time. 

Crimson Vault

Spoiler

The kid now carries and talks to dolls himself. Oh he tries to stop people from burning down trees who eat people. Same chainwielding housekeepers still try to stangle everybody in the house.

City of Light

Spoiler

The same said kid who carries and talks to dolls while wearin a mask attempts to murder his bestfriend, his teacher/savior and his crush's father(also his own king) in that order. 

And yes the housekeepers still try to strangle everybody in the house.

I haven't read any of what @Kidpen mentioned but Will Wight is indeed great. 

None-Will Wight:

The Murder Stroke(Purgatory Wars) by Dragon Cobolt

Spoiler

A medieval obsessed college student is sent to purgatory after losing his virginity to some college girl where in that said purgatory he fights romans and basically has alot of sex with angels and catlady who taste like candy who are all totally ok with polygamy.

(it has tons of action but it is a very smutty book)

The Last Question by Isaac Asimov

Spoiler

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 

Spoiler

Two lovestruck teenagers destroyed their futuristic post-apocalyptic government

I am Legend by Richard Matheson

Spoiler

The protagonist is the bigfoot in the story.

The Eye of Mind (Mortality Doctrine) by James Dashner

Spoiler

A teenager experiences a inception version of Virtual Reality. 

Edited by goody153

36 minutes ago, goody153 said:

@Extesian "emails some gods" ok you got me there for some reason 

Guess i'm posting a Will Wight novels i read as well

House of Blades

Reveal hidden contents

A kid with a crazy mom follows a white-haired hermit who carries dolls(he also talks to the dolls) into a house full of housekeepers who tries to strangle you with chains unexpectedly all the time. 

Crimson Vault

Reveal hidden contents

The kid now carries and talks to dolls himself. Oh he tries to stop people from burning down trees who eat people. Same chainwielding housekeepers still try to stangle everybody in the house.

City of Light

Reveal hidden contents

The same said kid who carries and talks to dolls while wearin a mask attempts to murder his bestfriend, his teacher/savior and his crush's father(also his own king) in that order. 

And yes the housekeepers still try to strangle everybody in the house.

I haven't read any of what @Kidpen mentioned but Will Wight is indeed great. 

*stands here, having not read tG*

Ah well. You should read the other stuff. Cradle's the most popular. Then in exchange I'll give TG another try.

Inception:

Spoiler

Leonardo DiCaprio is haunted by a dream ghost he did not kill. Plus, he had a cool goatee.

Oh, there's also a plot that involves trains, snow speeders, and lots of explosions, but I'll have to watch it a few more times to understand.

Interstellar:

Spoiler

Modern-day Newton discovers gravity.

Batman Begins:

Spoiler

Middle-aged dude is convinced Halloween is every day of the year.

Infinity War:

Spoiler

Dude makes a hammer and aims it wrong, killing a bunch of his friends.

Mistborn: 

Spoiler

Dude dies. Then doesn’t die. Then helps to save the world.

Stormlight Archive:

Spoiler

WW2 (people take over, then get mad when the people they enslaved want their land back).

Warbreaker:

Spoiler

A god dies to save another god, who then plays chess.

On 7/1/2018 at 4:30 PM, AonEne said:

Not as innocent as I wish I was. Thanks, high school.

But yeah, yeah, sorry. On topic -

Me in PMs*:

Reveal hidden contents

Me: Let's make this a roleplay!

Some random Sharder: Wait, but this is an Oathbringer summary PM -

Me: ROLEPLAY.

*this specific scenario didn't happen

This is scarily accurate. Like, you even turn random comments in our roleplays into new roleplays.

40 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

This is scarily accurate. Like, you even turn random comments in our roleplays into new roleplays.

Literally every SINGLE PM that isn't about a roleplay is now a roleplay with @AonEne. Pokemon chat? RP. RWBY chat? RP. Fanwings chat? RP. Not that I'm complaining, I'm addicted to RPing too.

Edit: Oh yeah. You can't say anything until your shard wedding. DONT REPLY AND MESS IT UP.

she'll probably put a answer in her profile if you others are curious.

Edited by Inklingspren

23 hours ago, Kal-Eldin said:

The Dark Knight:

Reveal hidden contents

A top one percenter stalks the city, beating up the mentally ill. Then he violates literally everyone’s privacy, and kills a popular politician 

YES!!!

alternately:

The Dark Knight:

Spoiler

A politically powerful billionaire who has immense physical and mental competence, a tank, and Alfred, along with the support of hundreds of trained police, loses to a small group of physically incompetent, insane, financially poor clowns and Professor Quirrell.

The Dark Knight Rises: 

Spoiler

Darth Vader inhales helium then blows up a football game.

I have some more !

Starwars The Last Jedi

Spoiler

Legendary figure who drinks random mammal milk tricks entire army into allowing 12 people to live

Avengers Infinity War 

Spoiler

The protagonist won the battle but is in the only timeline where he would eventually lose out of the 14 million timelines.

Kimi No Na Wa

Spoiler

A guy tries to date a girl who dead 3 years ago.

Harry meets Sally

Spoiler

Two people who eventually became best friends after meeting in long intervals of time absolutely do their best not to date each other. And fails at it.

Nier Automata 

Spoiler

A bunch of robots try to resist god and alot of them has existential crisis

Tombraider 

Spoiler

Self-proclaimed archaeologist does the exact opposite of archaeology

Sorry for any repeats!

Star Wars Original Trilogy:

Spoiler

A young boy, whose parents are ‘dead’ so he lives with his uncle, is taken away by an old man for the sole reason that he is genetically able to access a mysterious force. He is conveniently missing when his aunt and uncle are killed and he uses this as motivation for his quest. So, he goes around, freeing the galaxy from political oppression and an evil empire with his buddy-buddy team of friends and a super cool sword-based weapon. He also learns that a couple members of his family are still around, and a strange romantic subplot lurks in the background. And yes, those two facts are related. Ew.

Inheritance Cycle:

Spoiler

A young boy, whose parents are dead so he lives with his uncle, is taken by a dragon and an old man for the sole reason that he is genetically able to access a mysterious force. He is conveniently missing when his uncle is killed and uses this as motivation for his quest. So, he goes around freeing Alagaesia from political oppression and an evil empire with his buddy-buddy team of friends and a super cool sword-based weapon. He already knows that one member of his family is still alive, and a strange romantic subplot lurks in the background. That romantic subplot does not, thankfully, include anyone in his family, but with someone in his buddy-buddy team, which makes things kinda awkward.

Harry Potter Series:

Spoiler

A young boy, whose parents are dead so he lives with his uncle, is taken away by an old man for the sole reason that he is genetically able to access a mysterious force. Thus, he is conveniently absent from his uncle’s house, which is nice, because they are jerks. However, he does use the death of his genetic parents as motivation for his quest. So, he goes around freeing Magical Britain from political oppression and an evil organisation with his buddy-buddy team of friends and a super cool and rare stick. He also learns that a couple friends of his parents are still alive, and a strange romantic subplot lurks in the background. That romantic subplot does not involve anyone in his family, or even in his buddy-buddy team, but someone who we don’t even know until book seven.

Lord of the Rings Trilogy:

Spoiler

A middle-aged hobbit, whose parents are dead so he lives with his uncle, is taken by an old man for the sole reason that he is a genetic relative to Bilbo Baggins and an obvious choice as one of the links in the chain of heirlooms through the generations. He is conveniently absent while most of his town is attacked by Nazgul, but he doesn’t seem to care, probably because he never learns about it until the end of the series. However, he still goes around freeing Gondor from political oppression and utterly destroying an evil being with his buddy-buddy team of friends and a super cool sword-based weapon. He doesn't have any hidden relatives, but Bilbo is still alive, so he’s not utterly alone. Also, there is no strange romantic subplot lurking in the background, mainly from the lack of female characters.

Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians Series

Spoiler

A young boy, whose parents are ‘dead’  so he lives with foster parents, is taken by an old man for the sole reason that he is genetically able to access a mysterious force. Nothing happens to his foster parents, however, so he cannot use this for motivation. Rather, he uses the feeling of fitting in with a bunch of loons as a driving feeling, which really isn’t all that healthy. So, he goes around freeing the world from political oppression and an evil empire (except that he doesn’t really succeed, but he’s a real trier) with his buddy-buddy group of friends and a super cool prescription. He also learns that several of his family is still alive. In fact, it turns out that both of his parents are still alive, and this makes him angry at them and creates a lot of drama. Furthermore, a strange romantic subplot lurks in the background. There isn’t much proof of this, but the book did mention that Bastille had yet to join the Smedrys. Humph...

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Series:

Spoiler

A middle aged man is taken by his friend for the sole reason that they are friends. He is conveniently missing while his entire world is blown up for reasons that later become unrelevant. He uses this as motivation, not for his quest, because he doesn’t really like those, but to stay alive and find out what the heck is happening to him. So, he goes around freeing the Universe from various threats including political oppression and several evil empires with his buddy-buddy group of friends and some weird stuff. He doesn’t learn of any hidden family members, but there is a strange romantic subplot lurking in the background. With, I might add, someone we don’t meet until late in the series, but it still works. 

Edited by Gancho Libre

Warbreaker

Spoiler

An illiterate shut-in has an affair with his fiance's sister, and everything gets buggered up from there.

Ready Player One

Spoiler

Five kids on the internet destroy the world economy in the name of pop culture.

Kingsmen

Spoiler

Oliver Twist is recruited by James Bond, learns how to make martini's and bang Princesses while ALL the world leaders, most adults, and almost certainly every child within arm's reach of their parents are killed em masse. 

On 9/18/2018 at 2:39 PM, Kidpen said:

On 9/18/2018 at 3:19 PM, Inklingspren said:

Literally every SINGLE PM that isn't about a roleplay is now a roleplay with @AonEne. Pokemon chat? RP. RWBY chat? RP. Fanwings chat? RP. Not that I'm complaining, I'm addicted to RPing too.

Edit: Oh yeah. You can't say anything until your shard wedding. DONT REPLY AND MESS IT UP.

she'll probably put a answer in her profile if you others are curious.

Avenging Lucas in the RWBY chat? Welcome to the Writers Radiant. It’s a roleplay.