Random Stuff X: Something Weird

soyperson

I... might have ended up in a situation where I'm gaining work holidays quicker than I can spend them. :mellow:

I work 48 hours a week, and our work gives you one holiday for 100 hours work (so, about a fortnight of work for a day off). Okay so far.

I have twenty holidays so far.

Even if I start burning off whole weeks of work, i'll still be racking up holidays pretty dang quickly. And I can only have three carry over to the new work year (July 1st). 

1 hour ago, Quiver said:

I... might have ended up in a situation where I'm gaining work holidays quicker than I can spend them. :mellow:

I work 48 hours a week, and our work gives you one holiday for 100 hours work (so, about a fortnight of work for a day off). Okay so far.

I have twenty holidays so far.

Even if I start burning off whole weeks of work, i'll still be racking up holidays pretty dang quickly. And I can only have three carry over to the new work year (July 1st). 

IMG_1070.JPG

2 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

Wait, having a lot of holidays is a bad thing? 

It is when it suddenly becomes impossible to use them all. 

3 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

IMG_1070.JPG

I want to. But....

Honestly, I feel kind of bad spending holidays? Since it means someone else will have to come in and cover my shift. I've been on the recieving end of last minute "can you do this shift for us" stuff before, and it sucks.

... but, I've been on that end of things. I have paid my dues; it's why I earned so many holidays to begin with. According to our accountant, I've worked about 2300 hours since I started there, and I've only ever taken 4 days off.
(One of those was a last minute, too-sick-to-work situation; the rest I booked off four or five months in advance).

I've been holding on to these holidays because I wanted to get the rota published; the last time I booked holidays without a rota, I ended up working every other day anyway. But apparently, we aren't allowed to book more than 8 days off at a time, and I'm not the only one who is going to be spending them now, so...

@Quiver, you can't worry about something else having to cover for you. You can't feel bad by spending your holidays.

I understand that feeling but the most you can do is announce your time off earlier (like a week or two) and then take it. You earned it and you are entitled to it (perhaps even required to spend it; I know my dad at one point had to take a day off here and there because otherwise he wouldn't be able to burn through them all).

Take it and enjoy it.

2 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

I have another robotics competition tomorrow. Foo-bar FTW

Wait wait wait... foo-bar? As in fubar? 

Or, in the 17th shard parlance, subar? (Stormed Up Beyond All Repair?!)

thats an interesting name for a robot? 

But good luck! :) 

(also - Stormed Up Beyond All Repair makes a lot of in-universe sense) 

1 hour ago, Erunion said:

Wait wait wait... foo-bar? As in fubar? 

Or, in the 17th shard parlance, subar? (Stormed Up Beyond All Repair?!)

thats an interesting name for a robot? 

Foo-bar is not the name, it's the type (though, technically it is spelled fwo-bar)

35 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I'd share a picture of my robot, but I don't want the design stolen

Fair enough (not that I'd steal it ;) - I'm a little busy making my own. Or more accurately, finalizing a professors design. Cuz that's how you get funding for $1,000 linear actuators....) 

I'm not worried about you stealing it. I'm worried about another team stealing it. Call me paranoid, but Vex is extremely competitive thing and I want one of my sister teams to take this design to world's. (Even though as far as I can tell nobody here does Vex)

Petsmart was out of the kind of food I usually buy for Bruce yesterday, so I'm calling to see if they've gotten any in their shipment today. I got out a can of his food so I'd have the name handy. 

Bruce is sitting there, staring at the can and licking his lips. 

It is nine-thirty in the morning, you fatty. :lol: