soyperson

Random Stuff X: Something Weird

4,665 posts in this topic

@Kestrel

Ah, yeah, I can understand that. Longer books can be tricky. And audio books often put me to sleep as well. :lol:

Tree weeks!? Well, let’s hope you have better luck this time and it comes sooner.

Oh, that’s cool! He’s adorable.

haha yeah. I'm not holding out much hope though. But it's also not like I can go looking for another bird any time soon, so I'm fine to wait. I just hope my check actually... made it there lol.

He was a sweetie! My second bird... not so much. She tried to kill me on a few occasions, in addition to going after the dog (golden retriever) and cat. There she is, in all her glory. 1300 grams of monster. Look at those feet! (under spoiler because the image is rather large)

Spoiler

c8cRrwR.png

52 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

haha yeah. I'm not holding out much hope though. But it's also not like I can go looking for another bird any time soon, so I'm fine to wait. I just hope my check actually... made it there lol.

He was a sweetie! My second bird... not so much. She tried to kill me on a few occasions, in addition to going after the dog (golden retriever) and cat. There she is, in all her glory. 1300 grams of monster. Look at those feet! (under spoiler because the image is rather large)

Reveal hidden contents

c8cRrwR.png

@Sunbird and you would be friends I think.

Good luck with stuff! Your second bird is amazing.

Wow, that bird is a beast! Very cool looking though. :)

3 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

@Sunbird and you would be friends I think.

Good luck with stuff! Your second bird is amazing.

I think we might have spoken a few times! Sadly my memory isn't the best and I don't remember a lot of people from here when I used to be active (and I'm not sure if they're still active, either).

Haha, she was. Something. I still have scars on my hand from her. I have no doubt she's still out there in the wild after I released her. She was a survivor for sure.

3 hours ago, Kestrel said:

Haha, she was. Something. I still have scars on my hand from her. I have no doubt she's still out there in the wild after I released her. She was a survivor for sure.

Intentional?

17 minutes ago, Doomstick said:

Intentional?

Haha, not intentional but I see what you did there! 

I named her Jadzia, but I'm pretty sure she should have been named Vin.

Welcome back @Kestrel! I'd definitely get to reading the beast that is Oathbringer, hopefully by that time we have an announcement for Rhythm of War! Even the audio version is a long one but it's worth it.

Good luck with the falconry permit, I can imagine the excitement.

That's a damnation fine looking bird! 

@Wander89

Fingers crossed I do! I should get on that after my AoL reread. Chugging through Shadows of Self right now lol. I missed Wax and Wayne.

Thanks! Even if her excessive wildness made her almost untrainable lol. I'm hoping my kestrel won't be that bad. My first bird was TOO tame. Jadz wanted to eat my eyeballs. I would like something inbetween that this time.

47 minutes ago, Kestrel said:

@Wander89

Fingers crossed I do! I should get on that after my AoL reread. Chugging through Shadows of Self right now lol. I missed Wax and Wayne.

Thanks! Even if her excessive wildness made her almost untrainable lol. I'm hoping my kestrel won't be that bad. My first bird was TOO tame. Jadz wanted to eat my eyeballs. I would like something inbetween that this time.

A bird that only wants to eat one of your eyeballs? :P

8 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

A bird that only wants to eat one of your eyeballs? :P

It can have my left eye, the bad one! 

1 hour ago, Kestrel said:

@Wander89

desperately needing that Lost Metal book!

wow, like @Lunamor said, one eyeball this time?? :P

1 hour ago, Wander89 said:

desperately needing that Lost Metal book!

wow, like @Lunamor said, one eyeball this time?? :P

Need a bird that is angry enough that it wants to hunt, but not angry enough that it wants to hunt me.

One eyeball would be a noble sacrifice. 

There was a dragonfly hanging out on my fence, not really sure why it was so still, but I got to photograph it using my 10x magnifying loupe as a zoom lens, the resulting image is pretty phenomenal. Totally looks like a multi-limbed mustachioed villain with a somewhat inverted skull like aspect.

DragonFlyVillain.thumb.jpg.01d5fa1f583d84018b736bba82acdc28.jpg

Definitely stole this from Reddit... 

tz2n6rkyrxz31.jpg