There are just so many problems with natural disasters as powers. Narrative-wise, i mean.

That was my concern. If an Epic capable of causing natural disasters came to any of our open threads, virtually every plot line would have to be put on hold while characters dealt with the fallout. Destruction, shortages, immediate loss of life, not to mention the damage it would cause to the surrounding ecosystem—it would be at least a year, real-time, before characters would be able to resume their previous plot threads, if they were able to resume them at all. 

Also, my computer can't run General Zoi's Pony Creator, so how would one of you feel about creating an Adelmo pony? :ph34r:

I've also tried, and if anyone wants to take a shot at a ThunderSpear one, that would be much appreciated. (and might involve cookies! [of the virtual kind. My matter transmitter is still a bit buggy--literally])

Maybe you could start smaller when developing powers. Think of a power that you like, that doesn't seem all that powerful, and think of some scary applications for it. Keep some reasonable limits on that power, but just try deconstructing a power and go from there.

Also known as: The Voidus method of making yourself scared of absolutely everything forever.

Hmm.

Scribbler's post made me think...this is a post-apocalypse, right? And comic book value would be based, at least in part, on rarity...

I was gonna suggest some kind of Collector epic...but then, that's a guy from the MCU.

Hmm.

Scribbler's post made me think...this is a post-apocalypse, right? And comic book value would be based, at least in part, on rarity...

I was gonna suggest some kind of Collector epic...but then, that's a guy from the MCU.

Depends, I imagine the Steelheart special propaganda edition comics detailing his glorious victory over Ides Hatred would be rather cheap to aquire. :P

On another note, was it ever established if an Epic can tell the exact position of the people he gifted to?

Edited by Edgedancer

I don't believe so, but they might be able to as an extension of being aware of powers, like Prof assumably assumibly -you know the word- probably could tell where his forcefields were, even if they were out of sight. On the other hand, it is sort of passive upkeep on the power after its gifted, so... Basically I have no idea.  :lol:

Maybe you could start smaller when developing powers. Think of a power that you like, that doesn't seem all that powerful, and think of some scary applications for it. Keep some reasonable limits on that power, but just try deconstructing a power and go from there.

I just thought how black holes are so similar to extremely strong winds, excep one moves things via force while the other one moves things via gravity. What was that black hole Epic's name again? Event Horizon? Aura? May I adopt him? Who was his writer?

That was one of Tulir's characters, so I think he's up for adoption. Is Tulir still on the Shard, or did he leave the site instead of just the RP? 

Apparently Tulir hasen't been on the Shard since the end of january, so taking the charcter shouldn't be a problem. Although, the black holes shouldn't be expected to actually have the reality rendering destructive force of a real one.

Doctor Funtimes and Vanilla Sabotage are going to find a new friend when they get back to Tillamook Cottage. :D

Annnnnd I've got a new ship. Protector Pugsterface, anyone? :ph34r:

How about Mr. and Mrs. Pugsterface? :ph34r:

Apparently Tulir hasen't been on the Shard since the end of january, so taking the charcter shouldn't be a problem. Although, the black holes shouldn't be expected to actually have the reality rendering destructive force of a real one.

How about Mr. and Mrs. Pugsterface? :ph34r:

Yeah black holes are somewhat problematic, either they're not actually that much of an issue if you don't actually touch them or they actually have pulling force enough to counter the gravity of the earth in which case it's also going to throw the entire planets orbit out of whack.

Yeah black holes are somewhat problematic, either they're not actually that much of an issue if you don't actually touch them or they actually have pulling force enough to counter the gravity of the earth in which case it's also going to throw the entire planets orbit out of whack.

It should probably be considered more of a reverse lashing in the air.

Bam. Worldbuilding. Eat your hearts out, Oregonites. I hope you don't have a problem with it, Voidus (I cannibalized the Epics from Brisflame, by the way.)

Also: I had absolutely no idea what kind of gas was used to kill Fuzzy, so I just went with something that sounded sciencey and would theoretically kill quickly without much pain (which is what I got from the description.)

Boom! love the worldbuilding :D

You got it perfectly. Even if you didn't, it's canon now. So be it.

I am personally devoted to turning Salem from an Epic arena battling place into a hardcore murder mystery.

Who will be Abaddon's first opponent? Abaddon is supposed to be in a pretty high bracket.

Edited by breakingamber

Who will be Abaddon's first opponent? Abaddon is supposed to be in a pretty high bracket.

Well, with his current powerset, he probably wouldn't really do much fighting, since he isn't mechanically interesting. He'd have to fight in an altered state, if ever.

The ending of that last post, by the way, wasn't implying that I needed to do something else before the afternoon ended. They're going to do their stuff tomorrow.

Also, it's been several months and Shattered still hasn't really moved forward with the side-plot in The Dalles. I'm tempted to write the follow-up post myself, but I think I need a new perspective to go at it from. Are you absolutely firm that we shouldn't add Lottery to Freq's gang, Kobold? It just doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to me.

Bam. Worldbuilding. Eat your hearts out, Oregonites. I hope you don't have a problem with it, Voidus (I cannibalized the Epics from Brisflame, by the way.)

Also: I had absolutely no idea what kind of gas was used to kill Fuzzy, so I just went with something that sounded sciencey and would theoretically kill quickly without much pain (which is what I got from the description.)

Nothing jumps out immediately as something I'd want to change and most of it is awesome :D

Also: " let's talk detective stuff." is a line so great I now insist it become a catchphrase and also become a mandatory sentence in every crime drama ever.

You got it perfectly. Even if you didn't, it's canon now. So be it.

I am personally devoted to turning Salem from an Epic arena battling place into a hardcore murder mystery.

I'll come up with an appropriate opponent and arena for him once the matches resume.

Theoretical last Azrael post up. No guarantees on quality. Would've been up much sooner, but this last week has been one of those ones where you write for ten minutes, realize everything you're writing sucks, delete it, then rewrite it because you can't think of anything better. >>

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Theoretical last Azrael post up. No guarantees on quality. Would've been up much sooner, but this last week has been one of those ones where you write for ten minutes, realize everything you're writing sucks, delete it, then rewrite it because you can't think of anything better. >>

Still sad to see him go but at least he gets a replacement. Is the plan for him to join the opposition like Azrael would have? Also on the GM side of things, I still need his weakness.

Still sad to see him go but at least he gets a replacement. Is the plan for him to join the opposition like Azrael would have? Also on the GM side of things, I still need his weakness.

I'm not yet sure on that one. Azrael will want him to, but Accord most likely has other plans. The decision will probably end up being made by the vanilla I'll be introducing, as she's Accord's representative. Eternity himself will most likely wish to join whichever faction Accord doesn't want him to, although his motivations are a little murkier, as you'll (hopefully) see (if I can write what I'm planning well enough). :P

Right. Forgot about that. I'll think one up ASAP. :P