I don't think the power itself is OP- he needs to touch them, and presumably it is weaker against Epics, but i too dont recall him actually having the power at all aha :P

To be fair, I wouldn't give Corpsemaker a 10 on the op scale in the first place. I mean he's powerful but he somewhat struggles with crowds and other High Epics. Plus, he has no means to escape prisions on his own.

Chasmfiend lowered their boiling point/evaporation point low enough and they exploded (their liquids boiling) or evaporated.

Yeah, I'm with you on that. In a broader perspective, I'm kind of confused by Chasmfiend's and Kyordu's motivations as a whole. Chasmfiend's weakness is storms, so he moved to Oregon for the lower amount of storms... then he goes to Corvallis, ruled by the Rainmaker, the Epic who makes storms?

And if Kyordu is a genius, why is he taking on a High Epic who could blow him up with a touch? Why does he want to kill him at all?

As several of the senior RPers have mentioned before, it's really not a good idea to write a genius at all. None of us are geniuses, therefore we are incapable of thinking on the level of a character who actually is.

1. Rainmaker also stops storms. And not specifically Storms.

2. Kyordu is Chasmfiend's younger brother, and Chasmfiend killed their family.

3. I'll... think about that.

No mention of Mundivore, Teddy Cuddlekins, Shiny Sparsenal, takeover flashback, Mister Hamsterface, or Chef in the news?

I am disappoint. :(

It's OK if you couldn't find time to add those 6 posts into your summary, Voidus; that's totally understandable (I'm not being sarcastic). :) I'm just a tad bummed out. :P

Mister Hamsterface was there. It was kind of an oblique reference ("a long-awaited visitor waits for Doctor Funtimes to return" or some such) but it was there. 

Okay. Believe it or not, I only just barely read the Astoria thread today. That's some nice stuff right there.  :P The Adventurer, especially. I loved him! He pretty much encapsulates the idea that the PC in most RPG's is actually a complete jerk. What a great idea! I'm not sure about Winterspell, though. His relationship with his subordinates was a little mushy for an RP where 90% of the characters are either maniacally sadistic, mentally ill, or both.  :) When did Luckwielder leave?

I think it'd be neat to introduce another pro-government faction to the city, seeing as The Cavalry, The Destructors, Winterspell's retinue, and Blackwave's crew are all working together to plot the city's downfall at the moment. I'm picturing a group of Epics that have created a base inside of a network of tunnels they've built running beneath Astoria Column. 

Awesome post as usual, Twi. :) However, I don't understand why Koschei chose to kill himself with the oleander. Is it just a thing he does to resurrect and clear his mind?

RAFO. (He did it in the church, too, with monkshood.) 

"back toward... the tattered remains of the National Guard. Back toward fifty more targets demanding his attention."

And you have no idea how much dorky glee it brought me to know that my character was referenced, however indirectly, in your post. My smile was gargantuan. :D

^_^

Chasmfiend lowered their boiling point/evaporation point low enough and they exploded (their liquids boiling) or evaporated.

And he is doing that how? Because that certainly doesn't fall under enhancing people.

Okay. Believe it or not, I only just barely read the Astoria thread today. That's some nice stuff right there. :P The Adventurer, especially. I loved him! He pretty much encapsulates the idea that the PC in most RPG's is actually a complete jerk. What a great idea! I'm not sure about Winterspell, though. His relationship with his subordinates was a little mushy for an RP where 90% of the characters are either maniacally sadistic, mentally ill, or both. :) When did Luckwielder leave?

I think it'd be neat to introduce another pro-government faction to the city, seeing as The Cavalry, The Destructors, Winterspell's retinue, and Blackwave's crew are all working together to plot the city's downfall at the moment. I'm picturing a group of Epics that have created a base inside of a network of tunnels they've built running beneath Astoria Column.

Glad you liked it. As for Luckwielder, that just seems to be another name for Affinity.

Not so sure on that. The anti-government faction might have more numbers but the government has pretty much exclusevly heavyweights, Even by the city's standards.

Edited by Edgedancer

I liked the Koeschei post.  ^_^

(I was actually considering doing a "post" here as "Lyla reading and reacting to it".... but that would take too much effort, and I am nothing if not excessively lazy)

...Though it does make me want to revisit that old Vanillain idea I had. Someone "inspired" by Remington, and going the absolute wrong way about it with regards militancy, extremism, etc. Because not all folk-heroes inspired good followings. 

Edited by Quiver

Yay Vikro! The next Abaddon/Vikro compilation post is up! WAC (Wizard Assassination Corporations) post getting up soon.

That Koschei post was really nice. Who does Springfield again? I don't remember.

Remington--and all of the Springfields--is my character. He's in Portland at the moment.

Speaking of, where do you guys think I should put the rest of Remington's flashbacks? I was toying with moving them to The Dalles, for convenience's sake, but I've already done a few in Portland, so should I keep them there for consistency?

Remington--and all of the Springfields--is my character. He's in Portland at the moment.

Speaking of, where do you guys think I should put the rest of Remington's flashbacks? I was toying with moving them to The Dalles, for convenience's sake, but I've already done a few in Portland, so should I keep them there for consistency?

Yeah, keep it in Portland. That's where Springfield is right?

Are we allowed to move Epics from one place to another?

I liked the Koeschei post.  ^_^

(I was actually considering doing a "post" here as "Lyla reading and reacting to it".... but that would take too much effort, and I am nothing if not excessively lazy)

...Though it does make me want to revisit that old Vanillain idea I had. Someone "inspired" by Remington, and going the absolute wrong way about it with regards militancy, extremism, etc. Because not all folk-heroes inspired good followings. 

I like both of those ideas, honestly. :ph34r: 

And thanks. ^_^

Not so sure on that. The anti-government faction might have more numbers but the government has pretty much exclusevly heavyweights, Even by the city's standards.

Well, mostly it wouldn't be because of the need for a pro-government faction itself, it's just that I think that Astoria is cool and I want to get in on it (not to mention that we've arguably only shown about one "gang" that bases itself in the city so far, Winterspell's.)

The central Epic, and the only perspective character in the gang, would be Spiritmaster, an Epic with a healing factor and the ability to animate corpses (unlike Lightwards, they don't heal upon animation or regain a semblance of "life.") The corpses "bear crawl" around instead of actually walking, and have a sort of feral aspect to them. Spiritmaster can access their senses through his mind, and can control them absolutely.

Well, mostly it wouldn't be because of the need for a pro-government faction itself, it's just that I think that Astoria is cool and I want to get in on it (not to mention that we've arguably only shown about one "gang" that bases itself in the city so far, Winterspell's.)

The central Epic, and the only perspective character in the gang, would be Spiritmaster, an Epic with a healing factor and the ability to animate corpses (unlike Lightwards, they don't heal upon animation or regain a semblance of "life.") The corpses "bear crawl" around instead of actually walking, and have a sort of feral aspect to them. Spiritmaster can access their senses through his mind, and can control them absolutely.

Oh that's something else entirely. :lol: And you're right, the street level was kind of lost when everyone wanted to make extremly powerful Epics. Altough, there was some resurgence of that with Lightwood.

What kind of limit were you considering for the healing factor and the amount of moving bodies (I take it they don't actually regain any of their mind)?

Edited by Edgedancer

Oh that's something else entirely. :lol: And you're right, the street level was kind of lost when everyone wanted to make extremly powerful Epics. Altough, there was some resurgence of that with Lightwood.

What kind of limit were you considering for the healing factor and the amount of moving bodies (I take it they don't actually regain any of their mind)?

I pictured the healing being slow, but infinite. the flesh will always recoalesce eventually. As for corpses controlled at once, maybe 66.

I like both of those ideas, honestly. :ph34r: 

And thanks. ^_^

No problem? I'm sure my opinion is invaluable : P

But I like how...deliberate your Koschei post sounds. I get a sense of detachment and calculation from the narrative, and I like how you're able to write his perspective and keep him menacing.

Because Koschei is Oregon!Satan. It's important he be terrifying, but too much of him could dilute that. And I'm glad that you haven't.

At the same time, it helps build up Remington. Which is cool.

I pictured the healing being slow, but infinite. the flesh will always recoalesce eventually. As for corpses controlled at once, maybe 66.

Lucentia is rather paranoid about being able to shut down everyone that might oppose her as decisively as possible, so even if it's weak, a means of being unkillable would mean he wouldn't get around having his weakness extracted.

How durable are the bodies by the way, given that they could have suffered a fair deal of decay, as well as how much punishment they can take until stopping to move.