Once the files are transcribed, should someone lock the google docs to prevent them from being edited anymore? I just went back to look at the Dalinar vision, and I was confused because the accuracy of the transcript had dramatically decreased. I looked through the history, and discovered that at a certain point, someone deleted a large section of the transcript, and the people who attempted to retype the transcript had trouble understanding what Brandon was saying. I restored it to its earlier version, but perhaps we should try to prevent something like that from happening again. 

Edited by zebobes

All of the transcripts to the ones that I own are already locked. I can't do anything about the rest of them. They'll be going into the interview database soon, and I'm running through everything I upload to check for accuracy.

Is putting links to the youtube video/audio acceptable?

Yes, and the transcripts of the non-reading parts of those videos are fine, but the interview database isn't a good place for excerpts to appear in print form because it's a bit too formal. The database should be all metatext, no actual text, if you get what I mean. Not that we should tell you or Terez how to run your database, but authors need to exercise a bit more control over the text itself. Especially when it's an early draft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I went through the Dalinar reading with a fine toothed comb, and managed to figure out pretty well what he was saying everywhere, except for the place where he self edited. I can't make heads or tails of that, but if anyone has any ideas, let me know.

I also updated the Taravangian link to the Tor posting of the interlude, which is guaranteed to be accurate.

Also, I don't like leaving gaps where it just says (name) because it can make it hard to follow who is doing what. So I put in approximations of names, spelled as best as I can guess, so you can at least follow what's going on. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Shardlet, Chaos, theofficetroll and WeiryWriter there is a reading from the WOR prologue (Jasnah POV) and an interlude with a sentient vine, both taken in Spokane around 8/8/13.  The interlude doesn't seem to be available yet. 

Edit: made non-superscript font. (don't ask)

Edited by hoser

Thanks to Shardlet, Chaos, theofficetroll and WeiryWriter there is a reading from the WOR prologue (Jasnah POV) and an interlude with a sentient vine, both taken in Spokane around 8/8/13.  The interlude doesn't seem to be available yet. 

Pester Chaos until he posts it.  It seems he has the only recording in existence and his silence is deafening! :P

Mmmhmm, I know hoser. I was there for the Jasnah reading actually... :P

I'm waiting for Eric to post the Lift Interlude, it'll be pretty soon, I've talked to him.

Pester Chaos until he posts it.  It seems he has the only recording in existence and his silence is deafening! :P

No!  Not complaining 'bout nuffink.  I feel very grateful for all of your efforts.

Mmmhmm, I know hoser. I was there for the Jasnah reading actually... :P

I'm waiting for Eric to post the Lift Interlude, it'll be pretty soon, I've talked to him.

I posted for those not aware of the readings and to make the information available to those less in the know until Windrunner adds the new reading(s) to the OP. 

• 5 weeks later...

As I've said multiple times, I don't have the audio so I literally have no power over this. I talked to Eric and his response was "pretty soon" so that's all that I can say. We're all busy kraefke with school and jobs and friends and lives going on too. I'm sorry it's taken longer than anticipated but if Eric hadn't brought the recorder to the reading everyone who wasn't there would not have the chance to hear it. I think we can cut him a little slack.

I really didn't want this to sound the way it apperantly did. All I was asking for was a little confirmation that it hasn't been forgotten, that it is somewhere in the coming. Maybe give a little reminder, but certainly no criticism! By no means! I sincerely apologize to everybody for bringing this across so poorly! Please, just blame it on me not being a native English speaker.

• 3 weeks later...