Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

2 hours ago, Glaedr Firnen said:

I wish for figurative language to cease to exist.

WHYY ?!?

Granted it ceases to exist and nobody could use it anymore. However everybody could still remember that a thing as such ones existed and it evokes such feelings of loss, betrayal and longing to all people but nobody could ever describe that aside from "sad".

So people are in perpetual misery no thanks to you.

I wish to witness the most awesome event in earth.

2 hours ago, goody153 said:

I wish to witness the most awesome event in earth.

Granted, but upon witnessing this event you are doomed to life of boredom, nothing even remotely exciting ever happens in your presence and you cannot hear or read of anything interesting.

I wish to be the last living creature in the Cosmere to pass into the Beyond.

1 hour ago, goody153 said:

I wish to find a world secret that nobody knows

Granted. You learn how to create cold fusion. You immediately attempt to create cold fusion, and succeed. However, what you didn't learn is that creating cold fusion between any two atoms would release enough explosive energy to destroy the universe. You blow yourself, and everyone else in existence, to smithereens.

I wish to instantly know if someone is lying to me.

Granted but you now have a never-ending desire to protect people at all cost. And that you now have an adversary who is slightly more powerful than you. So your bane is that you are burderned with the responsibility of the safety of people and you have an enemy who tries everything to destroy people. 

At least that still lasts for a hundred years.

I wish to discover some x-files tier of secrets. 

Edited by goody153

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are missing the point of the Nightwatcher. She isn't a jerkass genie that twists your words into the worse possible interpretation. It's explicitly stated several times that she actually gives you what you want, and then gives you a curse of her choosing, sometimes related, sometimes not.

6 minutes ago, Swaggy-G said:

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are missing the point of the Nightwatcher. She isn't a jerkass genie that twists your words into the worse possible interpretation. It's explicitly stated several times that she actually gives you what you want, and then gives you a curse of her choosing, sometimes related, sometimes not.

1: watch your language.

2: yeah, she isn't, but the point is for this to be a GAME. It doesn't have to always be Boon/bane style, it's what the people want. Sometimes there is the boon/bane format, but the other way, the word twisting way, works too. This is supposed to be fun, and have no sense of seriousness. Lighten up man, not everything on a fansite must be serious, theories, or people sharing opinions. The shard is supposed to be fun at times and serious at times. This is supposed to be a fun thread. If you would like to participate and do it boon/bane style, have at it! Just don't ruin other people's fun, okay?

Anyways...

21 minutes ago, Shallan's Ward said:

Granted

But the universe explodes and leaves nothing left.

I wish to be a Shard of Adonalsium.

Granted. Your bane is that slowly, you lose your mind until you are pure shardic instinct.