Mid-Range Game 16: War of the (Cosmere) Worlds

Alvron

I can guarantee that Sel is better organized than Scadrial right now. 4 of their players are in contact with each other and they are at least partially coordinating things. Please compare this to the 3 that are in contact with each other in Scadrial. Yes, I revealed myself first, and I was contacted by four people almost immediately, but one said right off that they weren't Scadrian, two others said that they may or may not be Scadrian and the fourth claimed to be Scadrian. Eventually, they roleclaimed Politician. A little bit later, one of the ones who said they may or may not then also claimed to be Scadrian and they also claimed Politician. So I knew one (or both) of them was lying. Until last night, when I was asleep, those were the only two "Scadrians" that I was in contact with. So in contact with every Scadrian? Nope. Not even remotely. Quite the contrary, since last night I was about ready to just say screw it to the Scadrians and go for fun because clearly my team didn't care about the faction. I'm still half-considering that.

If we really don't want to lynch Straw, I'd be down for lynching Mage. He's an independent role.

12 minutes ago, little wilson said:

I can guarantee that Sel is better organized than Scadrial right now. 4 of their players are in contact with each other and they are at least partially coordinating things. Please compare this to the 3 that are in contact with each other in Scadrial. Yes, I revealed myself first, and I was contacted by four people almost immediately, but one said right off that they weren't Scadrian, two others said that they may or may not be Scadrian and the fourth claimed to be Scadrian. Eventually, they roleclaimed Politician. A little bit later, one of the ones who said they may or may not then also claimed to be Scadrian and they also claimed Politician. So I knew one (or both) of them was lying. Until last night, when I was asleep, those were the only two "Scadrians" that I was in contact with. So in contact with every Scadrian? Nope. Not even remotely. Quite the contrary, since last night I was about ready to just say screw it to the Scadrians and go for fun because clearly my team didn't care about the faction. I'm still half-considering that.

If we really don't want to lynch Straw, I'd be down for lynching Mage. He's an independent role.

Wait, which independent role is Mage?

And that's time.  Come back in an hour to see what happens next.  Maybe sooner depending on how things go.

Result PMs will be sent out before the new round starts.  Please don't talk in PMs until the new thread is up.

Round Three: Bank on it.

The streets are abuzz with activity tonight.  That’s right it’s Arena time.  This is Al Vron reporting live from downtown Sennti.

Some fans like their games fast and furious.  I like them more like this.   The fighters are playing smart and trying to minimize their exposure.

Ouch!  And there goes Hadrian Penrod.  A real shame to.  I thought he would go the distance, I really did.  And from the audience's reaction, I think they did too.

Here we have a prime example of mob rule.  Say goodbye to Straw folks.  Six people ganging up on one.  Hardly seems fair but then playing fair isn’t going to get you far in this game.

Star Thief seems to be more about finding stuff to steal rather than killing the members of the other teams.  Someone should tell them that poking around in those old buildings isn’t good for their health.  And wouldn’t you know it, the building collapses right on top of Star.  Why it’s almost as if someone made the old bank fall down.

Round Three has begun.  You have 47.5 hours.

Straw - Straw was lynched.  He was from Roshar.
Hadrian Penrod - Araris Valerian has died.  He was Independent.
Star Thief - TheSilverDragon has been crushed.  They were from Roshar.

Vote Tally:
Straw(6): Len, Stick, Silverblade, Araris, Bugsy, Wilson
Ec3(1): Straw
Wilson(1): Con

Wow.  Roshar just took some hits. That's kind of Scary.

I wonder what kind of Independant Araris was.  Huh.

edit;  Just looked over the last couple of posts from last cycle, and wow, you guys made leaps and bounds in the cognitive realm.  So I'm Hoid, eh?  Well, as Hoid, I'd be going to hunker down until someone wins.  And maybe cause a little mischief along the way.

Edited by Magestar

Magestar is either Hoid or the High Priest. I think. (Mark is trying to make everything confusing, from what I hear, so it's a bit iffy.) Still, I could join a vote on [ Magestar ].

Araris could not have been the SK because the SK survives one death (unless two people killed him?). He's unlikely to be the Paranoid because the Paranoid could have Hunkered Down and shot his killer instead. That leaves Hoid or the Demo as the most likely. I'm leaning Demo. With all the information that flowed Day Two, he could possibly have found out he was going to be killed and redirected the kill if he were Hoid. If he were the Demo, all he could do if he knew he was going to die is blow his charges to kill whomever he gave a bomb to on Day One, and a building did fall on Silver, which sounds like a Demo kill...

Edited by Nyali

Actually, Nyali, I'm betting that Araris entered the lottery, and if he did, that would've gotten rid of the SK's extra life. I'm actually thinking he is the SK, if Magestar really is Hoid. Though he could be the Demo. But based on the writeup and Al Vron and the audience's hope that Hadrian Penrod would go far, I'm thinking SK. SK is Alv's pet role. He always hopes that the SK will go far. (Spoiler: the SK never does)

Just now, little wilson said:

Actually, Nyali, I'm betting that Araris entered the lottery, and if he did, that would've gotten rid of the SK's extra life. I'm actually thinking he is the SK, if Magestar really is Hoid. Though he could be the Demo. But based on the writeup and the Al Vron and the audience's hope that Hadrian Penrod would go far, I'm thinking SK. SK is Alv's pet role. He always hopes that the SK will go far. (Spoiler: the SK never does)

Just now, Elbereth said:

SD died to inactivity. And I'm just really amused at Araris being the Demolitionist again... 

RP and actual thoughts coming later. 

Oh. That makes sense then. I forgot about the lottery thing removing the SK's extra life.

Yeah, entering the regular lottery in hopes of getting the Reviver at this early point in the game would usually be a smart move, especially if Araris was the SK. He's always one for PM safety, so he wouldn't be talking in any PMs, he hadn't said much in the thread, so he hadn't given any reason for anyone to kill him through suspecting he was the SK. And if he can get protection from a lottery item--particularly the Reviver--things will go even better for him later in the game when he is starting to get attacks from other people.

That logic also kind of applies to the Demo, but a little less-so since those who get explosives aren't told that they're given explosives, so it's harder to guess who the Demo might be based on who they're trying to kill. But yeah, my gut says SK.

I'm having trouble believing all the behind the scenes stuff going on here.  It's messing with my head.

Honestly.

I can't really fault Stink or Nyali for voting for me.  Don't even try to back it up though; It's obviously because you are all jealous of how awesome I am. :P  

Jk Jk.  When people vote on me like they did, it's because they are on a different team then me.  Obviously.

And guys, I know about 80% more than you think I do, 40% more than you hope, 30% less than I probably should, and 100% to much for my own good.

Based on Mage's actions, I can only assume that he is hoping that everyone will secretly hope that he is on their faction and not kill him. But if Magestar was actually on my team, then he's not really helping it with his actions, so I would still want him dead.

Or maybe he truly is Hoid, and in that situation I still want him dead for this is a Faction game so being truly neutral is even harder than normal.

6 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Does anyone even know what team you're actually on, Mage? Assuming you're even on a faction team? Why would you claim Hoid if you're not really an Independent? Why claim so many different factions?

Yes.  At least three people know my actual alignment.  At least, I told three people.  I don't know that they all believe me.  

Who knows?

I claimed Hoid once, and it spread like wildfire.   You know how rumors are.  

2 minutes ago, STINK said:

Based on Mage's actions, I can only assume that he is hoping that everyone will secretly hope that he is on their faction and not kill him. But if Magestar was actually on my team, then he's not really helping it with his actions, so I would still want him dead.

Maybe I just don't care. :P   But seriously, this is not that far from the truth.  It's pretty close, as far as the line of reasoning goes.