37 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Elenion, I think there is a very reasonable chance that Aman is Jeskeri, and would like to him to convince him myself of his innocence before I remove my vote

But last night your unretracted vote almost put us in serious trouble. Your're right in that Aman could very easily be Jeskeri, but if he isn't we've made it much easier for them to win. I think the risks outweigh the benefits, and with Aman suspected he wouldn't be able to support his friends much either.

19 minutes ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

@Elenion, Elb was wrong - it wasn't 1am for me last night, it was 3am. Tonight, though, I'm on for at least another 3 hours, and if he doesn't respond by then, my current assessment is that the risks of removing him are fully justified.

Your vote almost wrecked the truce Aman, Ecth, and I made, and the truce was the only thing that kept the senate full and therefore the Jeskeri mitigated. I don't want the Jeskeri-proof senate to collapse now.

32 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Your vote almost wrecked the truce Aman, Ecth, and I made, and the truce was the only thing that kept the senate full and therefore the Jeskeri mitigated. I don't want the Jeskeri-proof senate to collapse now.

I'm so terribly sorry, Elenion, for placing a vote forgetting that two hours later, whilst I was asleep, you might decide to change your vote based on a 'truce', and that I shouldn't have dared vote because I believed it was the right thing myself. 

Elenion, SE is a game we all play because we enjoy it and want to have fun. I will vote for whom I want because I want to do so, and retract when I want to do so, not because you've decided there is a chance my vote might inconvenience you in the future.

The Jeskeri don't have a kill tonight, so it's impossible that a Derethi dies and the game ends until at least tomorrow night. Let's recall whomever we feel like recalling tonight and put a more reputable person in tomorrow (probably Straw at this point. He's village unless Eol, Cloudjumper (and Elbereth by extension), and Young Bard (and Amanuensis by extension) are all in league with him.

Sorry about not paying attention to this game. I was more focused on my new job and LG23. That's not a good excuse but it's the truth. I read through the rules to get an understanding of what's happening. That led me to an interesting conclusion.

Straw has to be a villager. According to the rules, Acolytes are guaranteed good roles. Unless he's bluffing like crazy, Straw is confirmed to be an Acolyte. So, I'm in favor of recalling Aman. Next cycle, we put Straw in, to make sure that the Jeskeri don't get another vote. I skimmed through the thread, and although I'm not convinced Aman is Jeskeri, I would feel much better having someone verified in there instead. Does that make sense?

2 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

I'm so terribly sorry, Elenion, for placing a vote forgetting that two hours later, whilst I was asleep, you might decide to change your vote based on a 'truce', and that I shouldn't have dared vote because I believed it was the right thing myself. 

Elenion, SE is a game we all play because we enjoy it and want to have fun. I will vote for whom I want because I want to do so, and retract when I want to do so, not because you've decided there is a chance my vote might inconvenience you in the future.

I think you misinterpreted what I said. No matter, you've got enough backers to be a serious threat to Aman, who I don't trust anyway.

I'm going to vote to recall The Young Bard, in the attempt to engineer a tie. The Jeskeri aren't important right now. If we started with a lead at the beginning of the game (which we would have unless Mek deliberately fiddled with the numbers, then we will continue to have a tie. If we have an election tomorrow, it leaves open the possibility of a hammer or something else we don't foresee, particularly since we have 3-4 inactive players right now. @Elenion, you placing a vote on me should bring it to 3, and from there, we only need one more. We used this plan to start off with - the whole thing is useless unless we keep through with it to the end.

(And yes, I know how much like a Jeskeri I sound. At this point, I don't care. I think my logic is sound.)

Edited by The Young Bard

10 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Aman, rather than evidence against anyone else, I'd like you to defend yourself - how can you demonstrate to us that you are not jeskeri?

@Amanuensis, What have you done that's suspicious, and how can you explain it?

Do I have something to defend myself against? So far I've yet to see anyone point out a reason why I'm suspicious. Recalling me right now is the last thing the village needs. It should be painfully obvious with this 4-vote bandwagon on me that I have no allies to coordinate with me.

Listen. If I didn't say anything yesterday, this is what I was worried about. Elbereth is the last Derethi, therefore Elenion is Jeskeri. Because Elbereth is Derethi I cannot trust 100% that cloud is a villager. In the off chance that she did lie about his scan and he was a Jeskeri and I said nothing about the recall, Elbereth (the last Derethi) would end up being killed, leaving the Senate at a 2 v 2 scenario. That was the worst case scenario, and I was looking out for us all by presenting the issue. (Note: This is the hypothetical I believed at the time. I still think it is highly likely that Elbereth is Derethi and that Elenion is Jeskeri. But I'm not so sure after seeing the actions of some other players: Notably, Ecth, Sart and Kipper. Eol as well, to an extent.)

Bard getting attacked last night is proof that I'm innocent. Not only did I protect myself (therefore I couldn't take any additional action, as in attack Bard) but I know Bard's role. Therefore I know he can't die at night, either. Why would I engineer him being attacked when I knew he could protect himself? That makes no sense. In fact, I even tried to bait the Jeskeri into attacking him yesterday by saying they would have little chance of winning if they didn't kill him. It clearly worked, and no one died as a result.

And thanks to his ninja now, I will also place a vote on The Young Bard. I'm pretty sure that the Jeskeri don't have a Landlord (Conq died, and it's very rare to see two of the same role on a team) but now that Sart and Kipper are back suddenly when 3 Derethi are dead, and just in time to try to get me recalled / killed as an act of revenge for lost teammates, one of those two, if not both, are very likely an eliminator and I would not be surprised if one was a Landlord and was going to use their power to make sure I get kicked / killed.

Please people, make the right decision. I'm obviously not Derethi, and there is no evidence, or even a hint, to suggest I am Jeskeri. I very strongly believe that there's a ton of context to strongly suggest I am not Jeskeri, compared to some other players. What else more do you need me to say?

@Elbereth @Elenion Can you tie the recall vote, please? I'm pretty sure the Derethi are going to attempt to attack me again, what with my role being verified and the current votes stacked to recall me.

Edited by Amanuensis

Senate Wars: Battlefront

Aeleus stared across the battlefield at Opalin.  Sweat beading his brow as his forces moved according to his orders.

Opalin looked back cooly.  Her eyes unblinking as her armies moved forward.  Already she had taken out key parts of Aeleus’ forces as she cut through the middle of the battlefield.  A smile tugging at the corner of her mouth.

Aeleus stretched forth his hand and deftly ordered one of his troop formations to move to the side cutting off any hope of retreat for Opalin.

Opalin finally seeing what Aeleus had planned quickly turned half her forces around to insure they wouldn’t be attacked from behind but that was what Aeleus was waiting for.  He moved his forces from the sides cutting Opalins in half.  Defeat can swiftly for Opalin afterwards.

“Merciful Domi!  I knew I should’ve challenged you to Tooledoo.”
“Well for someone who has never played ShinDa, you did remarkedly well.”
“I am a woman of my word so I shall step down as Senator.  Though I still think you’re making a big mistake.”

Amanuensis has been kicked out of the Senate.
Bard was attacked but survived.
Day Six has begun and will last 24 hours.

Recall Votes:
Aman (4): Ecthelion, Orlok, Sart, Kipper
Bard (3): Bard, Aman, Landlord

Edited by Alvron

That bandwagon on Aman seemed a little suspicious, particularly since the Jeskeri appeared to have been inactive earlier and half of that wagon was inactive members. I'd suggest a scan on one of the four members, and a lynch on Lime since she's still inactive.

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

That bandwagon on Aman seemed a little suspicious, particularly since the Jeskeri appeared to have been inactive earlier and half of that wagon was inactive members. I'd suggest a scan on one of the four members, and a lynch on Lime since she's still inactive.

Actually, I don't think that's a good idea. We have at least one active Derethi (if not one Derethi, fullstop) that attempted the kill on me last night. Lime has been inactive since Monday, so we can rule her out (I thought I was going to rule out Sart and Kipper this way too, but they came on before rollover. Oh well.)

EDIT: I can get behind a Kipper lynch. I'll vote for him once I go through his posts, and hopefully get some analysis done.

Edited by The Young Bard
ninja's + typos

Eh, storm it. I'm the last (active) Jeskeri. The only way I could have won this game after Meta died was if I got the Senate down to 1v1, which was basically impossible. So I made the only ploy I could last night turn. It failed. I'm kicked out of the Senate now, and there's no chance of me getting re-elected, so it's pointless for me to keep pretending. I'm going to continue dedicating myself to killing the Derethi, since I've been so good at it so far, and really this game has been hugely stacked against us eliminators from the start anyway. I can promise at least that Bard and Elenion are village. Cloudjumper most likely is village. Still clueless on Elbereth, but I honestly want to believe she's innocent.

3 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Don't bother. Emily is Jeskeri AND inactive. Completely pointless lynch. The possible Derethi are Eolhondras, Sart, Kipper, Elbereth, Etchellion and Orlok. @The Young Bard, did you claim your true role when you joined Straw's doc? If so, that would clear Eolhondras, at least. I severely doubt that he would attack you if you did, considering you just survived my attack the previous night. I think the most likely candidates are Sart / Kipper. So I would recommend us lynching one and investigating the other. If neither of them turn up Derethi, I will use my kill on either Elbereth / Ecthellion / Orlok, as directed by the thread, to hopefully end this.

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Eh, storm it. I'm the last (active) Jeskeri. The only way I could have won this game after Meta died was if I got the Senate down to 1v1, which was basically impossible. So I made the only ploy I could last night turn. It failed. I'm kicked out of the Senate now, and there's no chance of me getting re-elected, so it's pointless for me to keep pretending. I'm going to continue dedicating myself to killing the Derethi, since I've been so good at it so far, and really this game has been hugely stacked against us eliminators from the start anyway. I can promise at least that Bard and Elenion are village. Cloudjumper most likely is village. Still clueless on Elbereth, but I honestly want to believe she's innocent.

Don't bother. Emily is Jeskeri AND inactive. Completely pointless lynch. The possible Derethi are Eolhondras, Sart, Kipper, Elbereth, Etchellion and Orlok. @The Young Bard, did you claim your true role when you joined Straw's doc? If so, that would clear Eolhondras, at least. I severely doubt that he would attack you if you did, considering you just survived my attack the previous night. I think the most likely candidates are Sart / Kipper. So I would recommend us lynching one and investigating the other. If neither of them turn up Derethi, I will use my kill on either Elbereth / Ecthellion / Orlok, as directed by the thread, to hopefully end this.

So I was right in those debates! By the end I was actually pretty sure I was just blowing hot air.

But I know the strength of an outed elim, and don't trust everything you say. But I am pretty sure Bard is village, because the probability is against anything else.