EDIT2: Hael

Just all of this. Much vote. Many misdirection-y. So wow.

Hmmm? Not entirely sure what you're trying to say. but that last bit was me trying to guess what sort person Alv would let be Ryuk with Joe being Holder. Basically I was putting it out there that they were going to my start point to analyse, when I get the time.

I think Mailliw meant the first cycle. 

The main thing with with killing Joe is it'll keep him quiet... well, also it makes the Ryuk waste a turn recruiting a Holder, potentially. Otherwise, keeping alive is probably the better way to go.

Recruiting a Holder actually has the same effect as killing someone, in regards to win conditions. One less person on the Village side. So I don't think there's a benefit there. First point is valid, though.

With Meta and Aman being taken out, and Joe being Holder (unless he's actually Ryuk trying to psyche us out..), I'd expect Ryuk to be a newer player (although not necessarily brand new), so more like Elb, Araenae, Burnt or Ripple. I have to go now though. So investigations later...

I hadn't thought of that. That is a good reason to kill him, at least at some point. I doubt it, though.

Also, except for you and Maill, all of the players left are newer or brand new. So I'd agree, but that's not too helpful.

Recruiting a Holder actually has the same effect as killing someone, in regards to win conditions. One less person on the Village side. So I don't think there's a benefit there. First point is valid, though.

I hadn't thought of that. That is a good reason to kill him, at least at some point. I doubt it, though.

Also, except for you and Maill, all of the players left are newer or brand new. So I'd agree, but that's not too helpful.

Hmmm? Not entirely sure what you're trying to say. but that last bit was me trying to guess what sort person Alv would let be Ryuk with Joe being Holder. Basically I was putting it out there that they were going to my start point to analyse, when I get the time.

What I'm saying is that what Hael might be trying to do is get suspicion off of older players.

That could be for one of two reasons -

1) He genuinely village and thinks Alv made a newer player into Ryuk.

2) He is Ryuk and is trying to throw us oof by making us look at (relatively) newer players. Then, he'll make Maill the new holder! Perfect plan! :ph34r:

That last part was a joke. But the point still stands. Hael might himself be Ryuk or he might be a villager trying to honestly help.

I'm more wary of the former.

Joe, there's no point in leaving Joe alive even if our win condition is to kill Ryuk. The only thing Joe is going to be left alive to do is misdirect the village away from Ryuk. Killing him gains us more information by making another player guilty rather than just killing another player. I would rather have another player guilty than dead because that gets us closer to finding Ryuk.

If we kill him now that makes gives us an extra cycle in which Ryuk has to recruit a Death Note Holder and while this is the same as losing a villager if he succeeds, Ryuk could fail at recruiting. Without L alive I believe failing at recruiting has a much higher chance of occurring than the one PO with the protection getting a good save assuming that the PO is even online to give in the action. This is even more backed up if my theory that the Murderers have the same role as the Corrupt PO's just the complete opposite is true. As in they can't be recruited but they'll show up evil.

Also Joe always has the potential to be Ryuk.

Edited by Hellscythe

Joe, there's no point in leaving Joe alive even if our win condition is to kill Ryuk. The only thing Joe is going to be left alive to do is misdirect the village away from Ryuk. Killing him gains us more information by making another player guilty rather than just killing another player. I would rather have another player guilty than dead because that gets us closer to finding Ryuk.

If we kill him now that makes gives us an extra cycle in which Ryuk has to recruit a Death Note Holder and while this is the same as losing a villager if he succeeds, Ryuk could fail at recruiting. Without L alive I believe failing at recruiting has a much higher chance of occurring than the one PO with the protection getting a good save assuming that the PO is even online to give in the action. This is even more backed up if my theory that the Murderers have the same role as the Corrupt PO's just the complete opposite is true. As in they can't be recruited but they'll show up evil.

Letting Joe die would get rid of our one advantage, that is, we know who one of the eliminator team is.  If we let him die, then the holder could become anyone.

Letting Joe die would get rid of our one advantage, that is, we know who one of the eliminator team is.  If we let him die, then the holder could become anyone.

I agree. Knowing the evil team helps us win. However killing the evil team also helps us win. If we allow Joe to live who can confirm he's not Ryuk. We could end the game Day 3. Sure we can always kill Joe later but he could misdirect us into lynching the wrong people(See votes on Luna) and he's always going to be one evil vote that we have to worry about especially if it gets down to the point of just Joe and the inactives if we let him live that long just so "we know who one of the eliminator team is".

Edited by Hellscythe

I agree. Knowing the evil team helps us win. However killing the evil team also helps us win. If we allow Joe to live who can confirm he's not Ryuk. We could end the game Day 3. Sure we can always kill Joe later but he could misdirect us into lynching the wrong people(See votes on Luna) and he's always going to be one evil vote that we have to worry about especially if it gets down to the point of just Joe and the inactives if we let him live that long just so "we know who one of the eliminator team is".

I'm trusting Hellscythe on this one. Killing Joe just seems to help the villagers more. That or I think we should get rid of an inactive.

Joe. Leaving eliminators alive is never good for the village. We already have 2 cycles of interaction to look at, and anything Joe says now has to be taken as an IKYK -- is he trying to give up Ryuk, or is he trying to make us think that player is Ryuk, or is he trying to make us think that he is trying to make us think that player is Ryuk?

Killing him gains us more information for interactions, sure. But the reverse is also true. Ryuk converting someone gains him more information as well, and more influence over the lynch and potentially the murderer kill.

And while I'd agree that the chance of failing a conversion is slightly higher than a successful protection (depending on how good the police are at guessing kill targets), look at the numbers. Three officers have died thus far. Two were Corrupted, true. But I'm not sure how many protectors there can be left. And Joe already knows one of them. So that seems quite unlikely to fail as well.

Him being Ryuk is a good point towards lynching him, and it's not like he's going to be helpful from here on out. Even so, though. I don’t think we should kill him, personally.

If we are killing him, though, I definitely say we should have the murderers kill him, not the lynch. This way we’re stagnating discussion for the rest of the day, unless we make a secondary murderer lynch. And if we’re going to that, we might as well just lynch someone and let the murderer make the kill.

EDIT2: Hael

Just all of this. Much vote. Many misdirection-y. So wow.

LUNA Haelbarde

Edited by The Only Joe

How can we know that the murderers will go through with it? I also have a feeling that if Joe is left alive he is just going to keep voting for random citizens, which is not going to help us at all.  <_<

Police Chase Kira, 1 Dead

By Arre Anae

TOKYO -- Kira stabbed a police officer to death at Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum and was pursued by police into Ota, where he escaped on Tuesday night, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Chief Akihiro Itami said.

An hour later, Kira broadcast a message throughout the city, offering to “be gods together of this new world [he was] making”.

“It was horrible,” Kiyomi Sato said, who witnessed the stabbing with her boyfriend and called the police. “Kira kept on screaming at the officer as he attacked. He looked like a madman.”

At a press conference Wednesday, Itami said the slain police officer, known as M, may have been involved in illicit dealings with Kira and other criminals, which may have been a motive for his death. M was declared dead at the scene.

Sato describes Kira as a muscular man 1.8 meters tall, with black hair and a short beard. He was last seen wearing a bloody t-shirt and cargo pants.

Kira’s location is unknown, though police suspect that he is hiding in southern Tokyo. If you see Kira, please dial 110 or Tokyo Times hotline 090-3340-2599.

EDIT: Rikku reread the last paragraph of the article. 1.8 meters tall, black hair, beard, and cargo pants. That sounded like Joseph.

Please don't actually call either of those numbers to report sightings of Joe.

Edited by Arraenae

How can we know that the murderers will go through with it? I also have a feeling that if Joe is left alive he is just going to keep voting for random citizens, which is not going to help us at all. <_<

By Arre Anae

TOKYO -- Kira stabbed a police officer to death at Shin-Yokohama Raumen Museum and was pursued by police into Ota, where he escaped on Tuesday night, Tokyo Metropolitan Police Chief Akihiro Itami said.

An hour later, Kira broadcast a message throughout the city, offering to “be gods together of this new world [he was] making”.

“It was horrible,” Kiyomi Sato said, who witnessed the stabbing with her boyfriend and called the police. “Kira kept on screaming at the officer as he attacked. He looked like a madman.”

At a press conference Wednesday, Itami said the slain police officer, known as M, may have been involved in illicit dealings with Kira and other criminals, which may have been a motive for his death. M was declared dead at the scene.

Sato describes Kira as a muscular man 1.8 meters tall, with black hair and a short beard. He was last seen wearing a bloody t-shirt and cargo pants.

Kira’s location is unknown, though police suspect that he is hiding in southern Tokyo. If you see Kira, please dial 110 or Tokyo Times hotline 090-3340-2599.

EDIT: Rikku reread the last paragraph of the article. 1.8 meters tall, black hair, beard, and cargo pants. That sounded like Joseph.

The report forgot to mention that Kira was Distractingly Handsome, and that the Cop he killedd was shouting racial slurs.

By Arre Anae

Recommendation: Use a 555- number just in case :P

Haha very funny.

Hael. You quoted my post?

Mobile ate m my reply...

I was going to say that I hadn't considered that Joe would still have a vote to through around, and that makes me start to lean towards killing Joe.

If I'm alive tomorrow, I'll reveal a juicy secret that you guys really will want to know. [sing-Song voice] But only if I'm still alive![/sSv]

I either think he is going to reveal some secret role, or he is just psyching us out. Sorry joe, but I ain't removing my vote. 

Are you doing science?

.... What does that mean?  :blink:

Edited by LUNA