Updated synopsis for words of radiance

gruntle

IIRC he was Soulcast into a delicious cobbler.

Could You imagine how gross native Rosharan fruits would be, ughh?

Ohh man I've been part of the Hijacking of too many threads lately, back on topic lets see...

So, yeah.  Alot of new insight in that blurb.  Pretty cool.

These are not in-universe text, guys. It is there to advertise the contents of the book, not as a report by some sort of interworld subversive organization that recruits secondary characters from everywhere and uses them to do mysterious things that we don't get wait a minute I just remembered this is Brandon. Never mind then. My money's on the overdramatic artist.

I think you realized it, but this is in-universe text.

Jasnah - what happened to her? Previously I thought she attracted a spren because she was "wise", a perfect scholar. Now, I am sure it was not because of that. We don't know that much about her, and given this new information, I am now most interested about her past.

There is a quote in the first book that seems to address this point. Who here knows what I"m talking about?

There is a quote in the first book that seems to address this point. Who here knows what I"m talking about?

Jasnah leaned back, watching the city pass. "I did not do this just to prove a point, child. I have been feeling for some time that I took advantage of His Majesty's hospitality. He doesn't realize how much trouble he could face for allying himself with me. Besides, men like those..." There was something in her voice, an edge Shallan had never heard before.

What was done to you? Shallan wondered with horror. And who did it?

Not sure why I remembered most of the wording exactly! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few sub-POVs for Jasnah.  Like there were for Teft, Adolin, and Gaz.  But, I suspect that we won't get a whole lot of back story on Jasnah until we get to her book.

Edited by Shardlet

Not sure why I remembered most of the wording exactly! :D

Severe abuse at hand of robber/killer or such, or maybe someone that she trusted but wasn't really what she believed.

RXXXp never was a major theme in Sanderson works, but the hate and way Jasnah speaked always left a bitter taste in my mouth (like when a read Martin or Peter V Brett). So,  to me, this "trauma" could be related in someway to her "broken soul" and the fact that she is single even when she supposed be married in her age, would make sense given the fact that this kind of abuse sometimes leave a person with difficult to enter in relationships with the other gender.

But this is just my guess =)

Severe abuse at hand of robber/killer or such, or maybe someone that she trusted but wasn't really what she believed.

RXXXp never was a major theme in Sanderson works, but the hate and way Jasnah speaked always left a bitter taste in my mouth (like when a read Martin or Peter V Brett). So,  to me, this "trauma" could be related in someway to her "broken soul" and the fact that she is single even when she supposed be married in her age, would make sense given the fact that this kind of abuse sometimes leave a person with difficult to enter in relationships with the other gender.

But this is just my guess =)

Navani was saying some negative things about Gavilar at the end of Wok so it might be him...maybe he became a better person later on...

Could it tie in with her atheism? Mayhaps it was a religious figure who took advantage of her?

The problem with this theory is that her atheism lacks passion. She's not angry at religion, she finds it almost dismissive and silly. Not like the ire in her eyes at "men like these".

I have also considered that Gavilar might have had something to do with it, but she did really seem fond of him, at least later on when they were studying the Parshendi together.

On the other hand, that Navani quote really seems ominous.

Unless there is something I'm missing... Couldn't Eshonai be the Bondsmith.

"...they are convinced by their war leader, Eshonai, to risk everything on an desperate gamble with the very supernatural forces they once fled."

If I remember correctly, When Kaladin was fighting with his new-found ability the Parshendi fled at first. 

A mysterious ability for a mysterous character sounds right.

"...they are convinced by their war leader, Eshonai, to risk everything on an desperate gamble with the very supernatural forces they once fled."

If I remember correctly, When Kaladin was fighting with his new-found ability the Parshendi fled at first. 

Ah. I'd always translated this as, the Parshendi turned their back on all of their "forms", and now at Eshonai's instigation they are pursuing them again. Tying in with Navani's epigraph that they are flirting with a risk of bringing back Voidbringers... I think that's the power they once "fled".

Welcome!  Upvote for first post! Please pardon me if I'm being presumptuous.  I like the way you are putting things together, but It seemed that there was some discussion on the titles in the first two pages of this thread that you might have missed. 

A very good post by Natans makes a case for Eshonai as the Explorer and Aether came up with a quote about the Radiants being human (Bondsmiths being the name of a Radiant order).  There are two quotes in the Eshonai POV that point toward her being the explorer.  Some people seem to find Dalinar as a better fit for Bondsmith.

Edited by hoser

Welcome!  Upvote for first post! Please pardon me if I'm being presumptuous.  I like the way you are putting things together, but It seemed that there was some discussion on the titles in the first two pages of this thread that you might have missed. 

A very good post by Natans makes a case for Eshonai as the Explorer and Aether came up with a quote about the Radiants being human (Bondsmiths being the name of a Radiant order).  There are two quotes in the Eshonai POV that point toward her being the explorer.  Some people seem to find Dalinar as a better fit for Bondsmith.

Don't make blush hoser ;)

Welcome Ptolemy take this upvote for breaking the shell. It's still uncertain how is "The Bondsmith" my best guess are Dalinar or Taravagian 

The Bondsmith, born in blood and death( the tower battle or the death cry collecting), striving to rebuild what was destroyed(unite them or the plot to make the world unite by killing keys person).
Edited by Natans

I really want the Bondsmith to be Taravangian, because I want Dalinar to be a Stonewarden. But if that was so, why leave Dalinar out of the blurb and then incluse Mr. T?

Well Sanderson always said that he could kill main character even if aren't in their flashback book, there is a white assassin that never failed going to talk with Dalinar and with main character spot open who knows Mister T could gain space ;)

In all honestly, I don't really think Taravangian fits the profile of a KR. No, I think our the Bondsmith is Dalinar, even though I do not want t to be. I'll keep my mind open for the reading though. It might in the end turn out to be even more awesomer than a Stoneward! (Also, pretty sure it's Stoneward, even though -warden sounds cooler)

I would actually say T does fit the profile of a surgebinder:

* he's visited Nightwatcher, receiving a bless and curse - like Dalinar & Lift

* I would say he's got a pretty broken soul

* he's certainly acting in a way that gets your (and a spren's) attention

A surgebinder in Nohadon's time started the desolation, so surgebinders are not all the good guys.

Also, I don't see this fascination with Dalinar and Stonewardens. He's not fitting the profile, and it's clear now that he's the Bondsmith. That's his role in the books, not to be a soldier, but the creator of the new KR order.

I would actually say T does fit the profile of a surgebinder:

* he's visited Nightwatcher, receiving a bless and curse - like Dalinar & Lift

* I would say he's got a pretty broken soul

* he's certainly acting in a way that gets your (and a spren's) attention

Not sure about that last point. Spren are only attracted to certain things, and I don't think Taravangian quite manages to even fit the First Ideal - "Journey before destination" runs counter to his philosophy.

It's alright. He doesn't need Surgebinding anyways. Intelligence is much more useful, not to mention actually helpful. 's not like Surgebinders were very useful against the Desolations anyways, given 9/10 people died.

Edited by Moogle

Not sure about that last point. Spren are only attracted to certain things, and I don't think Taravangian quite manages to even fit the First Ideal - "Journey before destination" runs counter to his philosophy.

It's alright. He doesn't need Surgebinding anyways. Intelligence is much more useful, not to mention actually helpful. 's not like Surgebinders were very useful against the Desolations anyways, given 9/10 people died.

This is an interesting question.  Apparently there are cryptics around him and his killers at the Palaneum.  So that would suggest a bond.  But his POV has no reference to spren, which would suggest not. 

Sure will be interesting to find out.