Cycle 4: The River

Slade pulled his hand outta the water. It soaked wet and his sleeve smelled faintly of mildew. He woulda purchased another jacket, but he figured there'd be time for that once he hit it rich. He pulled out another rock and smashed it on the ground. 

A cracking noise rung out through the rock. The rock broke open. He eagerly searched through the rock, but no tell-tale purple tint. 

Just another rock.

He threw it back into the river. 

"Who do you think it's?" One of Slade's fellow miners. A pretty reasonable chap, not one Slade suspected. Course the enemy could be everywhere.

"I dunno. Cation seems a little bit off, who knows what they're hiding. Why did they throw the final vote on- what's his name? Maximum?"

"Maximus." Someone corrected. 

"What about Locke? He's downright mutinous," suggested one. Another murmured agreement. 

"Stinky over there hasn't had a shower in ten days. I say we kill em." Two people said they liked that. Slade still suspected Cation. 

The group got distracted, but Slade stayed near the river. Then someone emerged out of the river. Slade stared at them. They appeared to be wearing some kind of suit. The diver grabbed Slade and yanked him into the river too. 

Slade screamed but it came out as bubbles as the Corporate held Slade under water.

Nobody was lynched!
Bridgeboy was a Miner!

31 atium in the pool.

irulelikeSTINK: polkinghornbd, The Only Joe 
dowanx: Mailliw
Paranoid King: 
Shallan: Bridge Boy
Orlok: TheMightyLopen, a smart guy
Mailliw: Orlok 

1. Shallan, Cation Vinid
2. Alvom, the Wanderer (guy who wants a Shard)
3. Phattmer, Exisa (a guy who claims he's a "coinshot" with a gun)
4. STINK (a guy)
5. Nabs (a guy with a complicated backstory)
6. The Pooh with a name (a guy, I think)
7. Doctor McNinja (a guy with a history of multiple quick fixes) Miner with a Larger Pan
8. Joe, Joel Tormander (a mistborn guy)
9. Lami Willen
10. Orlok, Locke 
11. Ripple, Lady Abigail (a lady)
12. Venture, Maximus (a guy) Miner
13. Bridgeboy. Slade (a guy who's a mercenary) Miner
14. Downax, Dow (a guy)
15. Alvron, Swift (a Steelrunner guy)
16. Feligon, Nifergo (a scoundrel guy, I think)
17. Kipper, Kipper (a guy in the band, Kipper and the Cryptics) Miner with a Mercenary
18. a smart guy, Surtile (a guy who follows the path and is also very smart)
20. Lopen, Lopen (a guy who's a fan of THE Lopen)
21. polking horn, Rel'Dan (guy who's a poacher)
22. Paranoid King, Tommy (a guy who wants another guy dead)

Edited by Alvron

Well, I was right about Bridge Boy at least.

We have 18 players. 6 Atium was panned last night successfully. Statistically, we can assume that about 12 players went panning. That means there are around 6 items that require activation used last night. So Metal detectors, Thieves and Mercs. Was anyone robbed last night?

Shoot, I thought I had a few more hours to put in my action.

On the subject of the conspirator kill, BB was voted on earlier, and nearly killed. Can we assume that one of the people voting for him was a conspirator? Because if so, then Polking is the only one left alive to tell the tale.

Alright, anyone else want to contribute any information that would be useful to the village? 

If not, then I say we need more people voting on Alvron. Why? Because Joe said he trusts him because Alvron sweared that he was a miner which apparently because he doesn't do it a lot makes him a miner. 

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

Oh no. It was happening. Just like he thought. Rel'Dan knew he was toast. People were voting for him. He had thought it was going to kill him voting for who he did after everyone else who voted for him died, although he didn't think it would be this fast.
I don't have much information on anyone, but it is strange how everyone who voted with me in the first round is dead. As soon as I get home to my computer I will fix this and vote for Bridge Boy again, but I can't find it right now. I do not think it is just coincidence that they all have been killed.

Edit: I didn't realize he was dead.  Nevermind that theory then :(

Edited by polkinghornbd

Ah, this lovely part of the game. Where people realize that they really should look at me.

It's a shame that it was you, Joe. I was hoping it would be someone else that I could analyse. 

Expect another post (I never do them) soonish

Alright, so lets start with the beginning of the game where Joe asks people for all this information so he can be the best eliminator hunter around! He then tells me that he is facepalming at how many people are trusting him etc.

This is the bit where he says he trusts me because I gave him information, now wasn't that easy? Course, I could've lied about the 1 atium and actually had an item, and I don't even think anyone has checked me yet except for one of the eliminators, so metal detector people are not doing a great job.

Oh, some people would find this great, but I'll shorten it to the basics. I ask if he trusts Kipper because it's always fun to do that, but he replies by saying that he would never trust Kipper and.. you guessed it! Alvron!

And all this confidence has been placed in Joe by the town, and he sends me a message saying I never actually gave him information, which was right! (But he trusts me I hear you say, well I'm not sure about that :P ) I could say who else hadn't given information at the time of that PM according to him, but I won't unless you all want to know. Also, I tell him 1 atium and he tells me what 7 people have claimed to know, which is at odds with his "can't spread information around".

Also, he told me the bare basics of what Maill and Alvron claimed, but didn't explain any more of that.

Joe says he was robbed but saved his merc, good play btw. 

Oh and in my PM with him he says that he trusts Alvron because Alvron swore etc and that Joe would always try to kill Alvron if Alvron was lying and that Alvron knows that, which has almost no relation to this game.

I would advise everyone to go look at their PMs with Joe again. See what he said from an objective viewpoint and what he has done with what you told him. 

Now as to why I am acting so erratically? To get information like anyone else but also because Joe is the one defending him the strongest, so in a way I guess I'm glad he actually called me out. 

Any more questions?

I want to hear from Hero. His Contribution Crusade doesn't seem to have helped thus far, and I don't immediately recall any other useful analyses.

Need to look at Bridge Boy's posts to do a proper analysis.

With regards to my "can't spread information around, " that's in regards to specifics. I'm more than happy to say things like "three people claimed to start with Paint Cans" or things like that. That doesn't give the Corporation Targets.

With regards to Alvron, yes, I stated I would never trust him, and normally i never would, but if he is willing to swear that he is a miner, I will accept that. If people swear anything to me, I will believe them. If I find out they lied in a swear, I will put them on my Kill List.

I am not Wilson. Her kill list is more for fun. Mine is "I will never respect or associate with you again. I will kill you in every game hereafter, regardless of sides." Alv knows that.

That being said, I do NOT want people to swear things to me. It sets dangerous precedents for future games. And future games do relate to the current game. We're a small pool of players. The more long term players know that what happens in one game will affect the next, and the next, and the next. I'm still regretting things I did in LG4.

In conclusion, I trust Alv, this game, completely. I also suspect STINK a bit less now. I might put my vote back on him later on. We'll see.

This is in response to Orlok's responses to Joe and me.

Orlok, I pretty much agree with the points you make about the CC.

About Joe's reasons for suspicion on Orlok. He lists 3 reasons.

1. Plan to use thieves on Joe. Orlok's response, it would benefit knowing how much we could trust you since you are in a leadership position. My thoughts on this is that Orlok is wrong. Why waste a thief, or maybe 2, and a Mercenary simply so we can trust Joe a little more. If everyone trusts Joe any more than they do, I believe the Eliminators would kill him right away. He would have no Merc. to protect him either. Maybe he is lying about his role and he is an eliminator, but I don't believe we would know since he could just say "I didn't activate my Merc. last night." And we would be no closer to knowing if he is trustworthy or not. One thing I find a bit strange is that in Orlok's response to this, he says that that plan was a mistake and then goes on to say he thinks it's worth it. So which is it Orlok? Do you think it is a good idea or not?

2. Joe uses Orlok's vote against himself as a reason to be suspicious of Orlok. Orlok's response, there had been no discussion yet so he wanted to make some and even asked you about it beforehand. I believe I'm with Orlok on this one. Joe even mentions that this plan is used by Eliminators AND villagers, so I don't see much suspicious about it. Except for maybe that it was the very beginning of the game, so of course it's gonna be relatively quiet. But that did cause some discussion so I think it's fair to say it was a pretty good idea.

2 and a half. Joe says Orlok seems like he's trying too hard to look trustworthy. Orlok's response, that's not a valid argument as village and Eliminator players both deliver the same feeling of trustworthiness. I pretty much agree with Orlok on this one as well. Won't both kinds of players try to look good? Good guys don't want to look bad as that hurts their team if they're lynched, and it's the same for bad guys.

3. Joe says Orlok wanted him to reveal all the info in thread. Orlok's response, No, he wanted Joe to reveal info to someone he thinks is trustworthy. I don't understand why Joe said that if isn't what Orlok said at all. Maybe the wording was a bit odd so he thought he wanted him to reveal it in thread rather than in a PM with someone he trusts, but I would like to hear more from Joe about this point.

My point about Orlok voting for Hero is that I figured he was offering Hero as a counter-lynch proposal. Orlok then says he was only trying to force more discussion out of him rather then letting Hero hide behind only discussing inactives. Which I can agree with. I believe Hero was not able to discuss much last cycle because of real life circumstances so I didn't think his actions warranted being lynched. I do want to hear more from him about the happenings of this game though.

From all of this, I'd say my suspicion of Orlok has gone done considerably. Though by no means do I believe he is innocent.

Edit: ninja'd by like 5 people since I suck at typing.  :ph34r:

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Bridge Boy kill analysis:

Day 1: Put a vote on Joe first cycle unexplained. Gets retaliation votes from Orlok and Venture. Removes his vote from Joe, possibly after discussion from a PM. Got a vote from Stink, Kipper, and Polking somewhere in there, not specifically because of vote on Joe. Kipper dies, Venture's inactive, and Polking is a new player. Orlok seems somewhat suspicious, especially after last cycle's kill.

Day 2: Votes on Venture in defense of Joe.

Got to go, will hopefully be able to finish later.

really don't think that Alvron is an eliminator, and I don't really understand how STINK came to that conclusion.  From what I understand of it (which isn't a lot), Alvron is suspicious because Joe trusts him?  Wouldn't that also make Joe suspicious?