So here are some of the ideas for my region.

Geography: The name of all the isles is "Ices". If anyone has other name ideas send them my way. The region of continent will be referred to as mainland until a better name is availible. The island closest to the mainland is called Jorlem. The name of the bigger island is Edunul.

Races
Vijen: This is the most common race in the Ices. Although they have villages and cities throughout the regions they are more prominent in the smaller isles (especially Jorlem) and the bottom of the mainland, while having only a single city on Edunul and few villages. They are humans- shorter but faster and as strong compared to others. Vijen are the main users of hir fat (the animal section coming up tomorrow)
Ice spiders [name pending]: These guys populate Edunul and make ice structures. They are a species of Rachnyx that have adjusted to the cold land. While they do also live underground they often form ice-tents above ground. Ice tents are formed by creating a bubble of ice or finding a large dead animal and then weawing their webs around it. The webs consist largely of water that is magically added to them as they exit the Ice spiders body. After the tent is finished the web is frozen.

Edited by Dayblood

Well ok everyone the thread really might be dying. From what I got-Winter is leaving for a long time and now Twi is gone and there has been a lot of inactivity. Soooo maybe we should do that RP.

Also I simply like the idea of a RP set in this world

EDIT: to prevent double post

So here is some more info. Also the smaller islands together are called Vijehiin and the previously unnamed island is now called Horjeg.

Animals: Almost all the animals of the Vijehiin have evolved a method of preserving Lumuoles unseen anywhere else on Diaemus. This method is referred to as Lum-saving.

Lum-saving: Upon ingesting Lumuole, Vijehiin animals use them and infuse the magical energy into their fat.

They have evolved these capabilities for multiple reasons. First of all is the fact that infusing fat with any kind of Lumuole increases the amount of heat and energy it provides when burned. Another reason is the fact that Lumuole in Vijehiin hot-spots are rare, small and powerfull. This attracts all manner of creatures to small areas full of mainly destructive energy. To avoid getting killed most creatures stay there briefly and devour as much Lumuoles as they can. With normal Lumuole carrying techniques they would decay quickly causing the creatures to return to the dangerous hot-spots more often. The fat however can preserve the energy far longer although it usually ends due to calorie burning more often than because of expiring.

Lum-saving also has downsides however. Foremost the fat can is only consumed normally. This means it can't be used for active abilities such as fire breath or EMP. The fat however can have it's own passive abilities. To name a few is the Green-fat used by the dodo-like Gujun which makes them lighter enabling long distance flight. and the Orange-fat of the Mijuhn which hardens when hit. To use active abilities most creatures also have places to store Lumuoles in pure form.

Animal list:

Beakhells (Hurdus): These huge creatures have shells like those of turtles but with many spikes and a rougher surface. The animals cannot retreat into their shells like turtles can although they can pull back in their neck to extend it quickly at enemies. This helps them quickly attack and pull back to safety their head and the main weapon it houses- the beak. The beak is like that of a snapping turtle.

401593.jpg

(please tell me how to use spoiler tags i am new here)

Unlike most turtles however these creatures have fur and paws like those of a polar bear.

The Snapbeak stores Orange-fat that seals any wounds and strengthens the shell when burned. They also have Orange Lumuoles in their skin and shell which they can use to create armor out of stone deposits in their shell and make their shells weigh less for a short time.

This is all for now but more is coming soon.

Edited by Ookla the Unfreezable

Does anyone know why Winter is appearing as Banned? Is this a mistake, a prank, or did something happen?

(WayneSpren is also appearing as banned. They're both prominent members of the Shard, so I can honestly say I'm surprised. Everybody else does see this, and my computer's not just acting funny, right?)

Kudos to TwiLyght for catching me up on the news.

I'm leaving Winter up on the map, as hopefully she'll resume her role in the RP in May. In the meantime, with all the people dropping out, I think we just need to...

keep-calm-and-advertise-diaemus.png

Edited by Ookla the Incalculable

Vijen: They are the nation that dominates the Ices. They are humans and as such have no Lumuole powers with the exception of Jorlis descendents which have wind powers. To make up for their lack of powers they utilize hir-fat to enhance tools and weapons.

Most of the Vijen are craftsmen or farmers/hunters although scientists and warriors are largely respected if they are capable.

The Vijen have a very strange tradition of wearing clay masks over their faces. As soon as someone reaches their first year they are given a simple clay mask that fits their face. The masks normally have two round holes for eyes and a thin slit for the mouth. The mask will be changed each year until the age of 18. Upon becoming 18 years old a Vij(singular form) will make or purchase a mask that suits and represents himself/herself and wear this mask for a month after which they can freely change it to any other.

If anyone wants to know anything about them please ask! It helps me flesh them out.

Ice spiders[name still needed]: The inhabitants of Edunul are a race of artists and builders. And being a species of Rachnyx capable of powerful water/ice magic they have used their talents to create great monuments of ice above and below ground.

Also ask about these guys because I have a lot less planned for them than for the Vijen!

Edit to avoid triple post.

I just had the best idea ever. Giant, fireball spitting, pug-hamsters! They even work with Lum-saving!

Edited by Ookla the Unfreezable

I don't want to claim them but I need some reason for not-expanding until some-one claims them.

The islands are part of the same climate, but have different species of flora and fauna that necessitate different hunting and gathering strategies? That's prehistoric population diffusion right there.

My other race is called the Vijen so maybe something that doesn't start with V.

Also the main island these spiders live on is called Edunul so maybe something similar?

Eh. Then perhaps Edunulites would work. Or, if you were feeling crazy, you could do something like "The Edunulthaq."   B)

I don't know how much of the thread you've read already, but for naming, pretty much all you have to do is pull up a list of foreign language words like this, then mix and match syllables until you have something you like. It's kind of fun.

Edited by Mckeedee123

The haters said we couldn't do it, but we did it (cue sunglasses B)) I just finished one of the four pages that will describe one of the four regions I might end up doing. Progress. Sweet progress. For some reason, it makes me happy. :)

Do you mean this is 1 of the 4 pages talking about this region or 1 of the 4 pages talking about all the 4 regions? Edited by Ookla the Unfreezable

Do you mean this is 1 of the 4 pages talking about this region or 1 of the 4 pages talking about all the 4 regions?

1 of the 4 pages talking about that one region.  :mellow: Putting everything on the wiki was a lot more work than I thought, but there's nothing that Pendulum music and caffeinated soda can't accomplish.

Also could multicolored great Lumuoles exist?

I suppose so.