Really? What musical?

On a more relevant note, I too shall be able to start working more vigorously in November (the first time ever that I can remember being less busy during NaNoWriMo Month.) In the mean time, school exams are keeping me at bay.

Edited by TheYoungBard

Really? What musical?

On a more relevant note, I too shall be able to start working more vigorously in November (the first time ever that I can remember being less busy during NaNoWriMo Month.) In the mean time, school exams are keeping me at bay.

We're doing Pippin. I say we, but whether I'm actually going to be involved remains to be seen...

Seems everyone got busy all at once, but hopefully that doesn't spell the death of this project.

Okay. Problem with the Lumoles and Magia that's risen due to new knowledge about how cells work:

Magia Organelles would be made of proteins, as that's what all organelles are made of. Proteins are made of amino acids. Amino acids are molecules (then atoms, electrons/protons/neutrons, quarks, and strings, maybe.) How far down the chain do we want 'magic' affects to go?

Any suggestions on the protien/amino acid/molecule/atom/proton/quark/maybe string? I don't know enough physics to do the molecule and bellow. 

Personally I think that taking the magic beyond the organelle level is unnecessary. The lumuole itself will almost certainly be the only level of magic used by creatures or sorcerer-types, and the mageia organelles exist solely to explain different colors of lumuole. Working down to the protein, amino acid, and quark levels is going waaaay overboard if you ask me.

Don't all cells have a nucleus? I feel like we wouldn't be possible if we didn't include a nucleus. 

No. Eukaryotic cells, like animal, plant, and protist cells, all have a nucleus that protects the DNA, but that doesn't mean that all cells have one.

The most simple and primitive cells, like bacteria and archaeans, are prokaryotes. They don't have nuclei. Their DNA just sorts of floats, suspended in the middle of the cell but not protected by a specific structure.

Since lumuoles wouldn't require all the infrastructure that makes normal cell operations possible, it makes the most sense to me that they'd be highly minimalist in design. Very small prokaryotes, just little sacks of DNA, ribosomes, and of course the all-important mageia.

Pretty sure the magia have to be made up of something. Are they just gates?

EDIT: And Ribosomes aren't a good idea because they make protiens, not organelles.

Yes, mageia are gates. I think it's much simpler to just leave it at that then to have mageia be composed of entirely different building blocks of reality than everything else in creation.

Ribosomes also make amino acids, and even with mageia the lumuoles would still need a way to create proteins within the cell. Mageia supply the energy, but ribosomes would be responsible for harnessing that energy and using it to create the physical structure of the cell.

Yes, mageia are gates. I think it's much simpler to just leave it at that then to have mageia be composed of entirely different building blocks of reality than everything else in creation.

Ribosomes also make amino acids, and even with mageia the lumuoles would still need a way to create proteins within the cell. Mageia supply the energy, but ribosomes would be responsible for harnessing that energy and using it to create the physical structure of the cell.

Huh. Alright, makes sense. 

• 2 weeks later...