So the Image hosting service I've been using has announced the upcoming closing of its servers. I don't know if any of you wikia users want to, but here is the album link, in case someone wants to archive the maps to the wiki. The files will be available until the end of the year.

After which I will still have local copies, but if you want to keep them public, the wiki seems like a good option.

The trouble is that I know nothing about whether there are restrictions on sizes or whatever. I guess I can do the uploading myself, but even if I do, putting the files into use will be for someone else to do. :D

So the Image hosting service I've been using has announced the upcoming closing of its servers. I don't know if any of you wikia users want to, but here is the album link, in case someone wants to archive the maps to the wiki. The files will be available until the end of the year.

After which I will still have local copies, but if you want to keep them public, the wiki seems like a good option.

The trouble is that I know nothing about whether there are restrictions on sizes or whatever. I guess I can do the uploading myself, but even if I do, putting the files into use will be for someone else to do. :D

Leave it to me. I've sort of stolen 2 of your maps into the Maps and Cartography thread already. I'm trying to remember if there was anything else that was needed. If it's too large, I'll shrink it down, or add it to the Maps and Cartography thread instead.

EDIT: Looking through the photos, I intend to save the last 4 to the wiki, as they are up to date. If anyone wants me to add anything else, post here or PM me.

Also, who is working on the Kashora'an Desert? Is Winter still trying to keep up?

Edited by Ookla the Incalculable

Winter is completely off the shard for 6 months or so.

I know. That's why I'm wondering if she's still on the project. Eastern desert on the main continent is Winter, which is where the Kashora'an Desert is marked as being. Slight chance it's Venture though, which is probably more likely.

Edited by Ookla the Incalculable

Ok I got an idea for a RP which we obviously need.

A ship crew(pirates,traders or something) consisting of Almost all the races.

For now, let's just keep working on the worldbuilding. Hopefully, that, along with the end of November, will revitalize this project. Put all of your thoughts down on the wiki and just keep expanding on them.

I'd say let's keep all of the stuff that has been created, even by folks who have dropped out. They still contributed, and those contributions are still valuable.

For myself, this project is still amazing and awesome, but I have little time to actually devote to it. And most of that little time is going towards other projects I've got - Edassa and Starnet, mostly. Hopefully over Christmas I might be able to at least put my stuff on the wiki. It'll be May before I really have enough time to actually add new material to my areas. That said, if anyone wants land next to mine, and would like to coordinate what things are like in the borders (or is even interested in splitting an empire) - I am able to do that. Just send me a PM or post in the thread.

About the Rachnyx - what if we made them telepathic? That would solve the possible problem with communication rather neatly, I think, but we ought to discuss other options to and find the best one.

Final thought - I think it may be a mistake to think of our areas as completely isolated from each other. There's no a priori reason to think that our creatures only exist in our areas. For some, of course, that may turn out to be the case. Other species might be better off being more widespread than our individual areas, but we have just chosen to limit our worldbuilding to the places that interest us. Otherwise the world tends towards being artificially segmented in a way that could break suspension of disbelief.

Just random thoughts from a busy contributor.

Ok another question. How do Rachnyx talk with other races? I just cannot imagine them being able to speak human if they have spider vocal cords or whatever spiders have.

I assumed that their mandibles were more complex than an ordinary spider's, sort of like a chasmfiend. Arachnids of that size would probably need some sort of breathing apparatus like lungs anyway, right? Speaking seems plausible, though I imagine that Rachnyx languages might include the clicking of the mandibles as well as ordinary speech.

In my headcanon, the Rachnyx are so old that they see the different Rachnyx races as being just as different as Humans and Dromeans are from eachother. Having different methods of communication, tolerance of sunlight, and sensory perception aren't out of the question.

I don't really like the idea of telepathy for 1 of the 3 major races. Some strains of Rachnyx might have developed telepathy but the entire race doesn't make much sense. Maybe they somehow use clicks to comunicate and so people cold replicate it by hitting 2 sticks together or something. My spiders will be water manipulators so maybe they can create vocal cords from water.

Edit: Agree with Mckeedee.

Edited by ChickenPlague