Hoid will betray Roshar..... Again

KaladinWorldsinger

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

I suspect it contained the Dawnshard that's different from the three other and that for some reason (probably related to the Shattering) it can't be put back in there

That in itself seems certainly possible but why would it be so noteworthy? You can store a Dawnshard in a mural or in people. Why do you care that it will not longer fit into a specific gemstone to that extent?

3 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Unless Brandon changed his plan, he was probably already called Topaz before the Shattering

Indeed. But are you absolutely sure human habitation of Ashyn postdates the Shattering?

Just now, Oltux72 said:

That in itself seems certainly possible but why would it be so noteworthy? You can store a Dawnshard in a mural or in people. Why do you care that it will not longer fit into a specific gemstone to that extent?

That's why I'm assuming it's the one that's different from the other, my hypothesis that the others are normally stored in the mind of the bearer while this one is stored inside an object carried by the bearer. Which would be why Hoid is "the bearer of the first gem" while Rysn is "the Dawnshard of Change"

Indeed. But are you absolutely sure human habitation of Ashyn postdates the Shattering?

I suspect human were a nearly monoplanetary race before the Shattering and a lot of them left with the Shards

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2021 at 1:26 PM, KaladinWorldsinger said:

He was meant to be the the tenth herald, the stoneward-ish herald, but the moment the oathpact was created, his business was done and he left the planet, leaving the Rosharans to panic. Taln steps up for the job and the rest his history.

An interesting note on this topic: The chapter arches have various faces representing eleven characters. Ten of them represent the Heralds. Can you guess who the eleventh is? Yeeeeeep, it's ya boi, Cephandrius Maxtori.

On 2/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, mathiau said:

I suspect human were a nearly monoplanetary race before the Shattering and a lot of them left with the Shards

We know that humans existed off Yolen pre-Shattering, and Khriss mentions that "[Scadrial] is one of only two places in the cosmere where humankind does not predate the arrival of Shards", so I dunno.

49 minutes ago, LewsTherinTelescope said:

An interesting note on this topic: The chapter arches have various faces representing eleven characters. Ten of them represent the Heralds. Can you guess who the eleventh is? Yeeeeeep, it's ya boi, Cephandrius Maxtori.

Yep, that's exactly where the theory began which I then completely forgot.... Good catch!