An attack on Kharbranth likely?

bmcclure7

Just now, bmcclure7 said:

Trading Todium city to get her uncle back seems pretty utilitarian. 

Ok, I misread you I thought you meant "because Todium is the Karbanth's queen uncle"

I doubt Jasnah would do that. First she knows Odium is likely to just refuse the deal and second such an action would make the other kick Alethkar out of the coalition

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

Ok, I misread you I thought you meant "because Todium is the Karbanth's queen uncle"

I doubt Jasnah would do that. First she knows Odium is likely to just refuse the deal and second such an action would make the other kick Alethkar out of the coalition

I think you Underestimate how far  Todium cares about his city.  Remember he was willing to sell the rest of the world out just to save his city. I think he would take the deal. 

I'm not sure there would even be a coalition left if something happened to Dalinar. 

Just now, bmcclure7 said:

I think you Underestimate how far  Todium cares about his city.  Remember he was willing to sell the rest of the world out just to save his city. I think he would take the deal.

That's not how I remember it. I remember him trying to save as much as possible and only managing to save one city. It seems to me that if Smartvangian had thought sacrificing  Karbranth would help save the rest he would have done it.

I'm not sure there would even be a coalition left if something happened to Dalinar. 

That's indeed a risk of that happening. A lot of Dalinar's and Navani's viewpoint chapters will probably be them making sure it doesn't happen in case of a defeat.

36 minutes ago, mathiau said:

That's not how I remember it. I remember him trying to save as much as possible and only managing to save one city. It seems to me that if Smartvangian had thought sacrificing  Karbranth would help save the rest he would have done it.

That's indeed a risk of that happening. A lot of Dalinar's and Navani's viewpoint chapters will probably be them making sure it doesn't happen in case of a defeat.

Yes he wanted to save as much as possible but when it came right down to it was all secondary to his city. The rest of the world could burn so long as his city had peace.  I don't think he would willingly sacrifice Karbranth for anything  He's always put it 1st and the rest of the world's 2nd.  And I don't see how thats changed. 

On 10/18/2021 at 6:13 PM, bmcclure7 said:

Yes he wanted to save as much as possible but when it came right down to it was all secondary to his city. The rest of the world could burn so long as his city had peace.  I don't think he would willingly sacrifice Karbranth for anything  He's always put it 1st and the rest of the world's 2nd.  And I don't see how thats changed. 

I kinda disagree. He was trying to be king of as much as possible in preparation for the deal with Odium so he could save "his kingdom". Odium says he knows T is trying to be king of everything so they settle to only Kharbranth. Im sure T would have wanted Jah Kaved as well