xinoehp512

The fourth round has concluded!

Congratulations to @Knight of Iron and @Channelknight Fadran for tying for first place with "Emperor's Arrival" and "Uhhh idk", respectively!
Congratulations to @Mystic Syn and @Zephrun's Imperium for tying for third place with "Backyardigans being iconic for about five minutes" and "Astral" respectively!

The current standings are as follows.

1. @Aspiring Writer: 14 votes
  2. @Channelknight Fadran: 14 votes
  3. @Mystic Syn: 12 votes
  4. @Knight of Iron: 12 votes
  5. @Zephrun's Imperium: 12 votes
  6. @Frustration: 9 votes
  7. @Experience: 7 votes
  8. @The Unknown Order: 7 votes
  9. @Mage: 5 votes
  10. @WrathofaShardKitten: 5 votes
  11. @Condensation: 3 votes
  12. @Isabelle6060: 2 votes

As mentioned before, the next round will have no restrictions (beyond, of course, the requirement that it be experienceable by all!). There are only two weeks left in 2021, so this round will be shorter than a week. Please have your submissions in by the 21st!

Edited by Ookla the Ash

Voting time!

Spoiler

"The Waypoint"

Cavor walked forward slowly, crossing the stone cavern with trepidation. This would either be the moment his life changed forever, or it would be his final disappointment.

Sitting at the end of the cavern was a man, dressed in dark robes, with a long beard hanging out. Cavor prostrated himself before the old man.

“Wise one.” he whispered softly.

The old man reached out and with a shell scooped a mouthful of water and drank it. Placing the shell back at his feet the wise-man looked him over, his wrinkled face old as the mountain itself betrayed nothing of the thoughts behind it.

“Cavor son of Nath, I will answer your question.” The hermit siad, causing Cavor to heave a sigh of relief, that was the most difficult part.

“Wise one, I work hard, and I try many different tasks, but I seem to fail no matter what I try. What do I do?” Cavor asked, pulling back the walls he had built around himself, revealing his raw interior. It was an uncomfortable experience, being so open to someone else, like inviting an attack, but he had to know.

“Cavor, some men are born to be great orators, when they whisper others listen, when they speak others obey. You are not one of those.”

Cavor nodded trying to keep from crying, he wasn’t sure why, he had already known that.

“Others are born to be incredibly gifted musicians, when their hands touch their instruments it is as if the voices of angels accompany them in song. You are not one of those.”

Cavor swallowed, remembering his friend Salto who played the lyre, he had tried to teach Cavor but his hands hadn’t been anywhere as nimble, and he kept tripping over his own fingers.

“Others still, are born to be talented craftsmen, who take raw and unrefined materials and create wondrous marvels for all to see. You are not one of those either.”

Cavor looked down, he had known all of this, but having someone else voice his own doubts with such certainty hit like falling stone, he could feel his hope dwindling like a waning candle inside his chest.

“Others” the Wise One said, pausing dramatically. “Are born to be powerful swordsmen, fighting valiantly for the safety of their family and friends. Despite your attempts you are not one of them.”

Calvor’s head hung limp, he cried freely, the candle had gone out.

A gentle, calloused hand, kindly held his chin, and guided him to look up. The old man stood above him, with kindness in his eyes, eyes that threatened to join Cavor’s in tears.

“Others, Cavor, are born not with gifts, or with talents, but with potential. They are not blessed with having a strength, or an advantage, but by a lack of limits. They often fail at everything when they first try it. They often find themselves frustrated by how little they seem to accomplish. However with continuous effort, and determination they find themselves able to dance among the stars, the road they take is the hardest, but often the most rewarding. You Cavor are one of those. And one day you will look back and be awed at how far you have come.

Spoiler

"Shard of Thought"

Spoiler

"Bert Just Watson"

41BABCA2-6DB5-467B-AEAE-D48A342BAFD9.jpeg

Spoiler

"DO NOT VOTE"

DONOTVOTE.png.17eb936f0c1eb4e8437310895b4ca69f.png

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

OH CRAP

I completely forgot to enter this time :(

Well if you made anything, you can submit it for the final round. Since time is short, today will also be a submission day. It will also be restrictionless.

Also, everyone, you are still voting for THREE submissions.

@Aspiring Writer

@Experience

@The Unknown Order

@Zephrun's Imperium

@Frustration

@Mage

@Knight of Iron

@Isabelle6060

@Mystic Syn

@Condensation

@WrathofaShardKitten

@Channelknight Fadran

A general reminder that this is the Creator Games 2021, and therefore will end at the end of the year. There is one more round, and one more chance. But you will most likely need to get submissions in by tomorrow! As a reminder, there are no restrictions.

Sorry for not concluding the vote. I had not realized I had left it so long... and I never did set a deadline for voting. Oops. :P 

@Mystic Syn, @Knight of Iron, I have no recorded votes from you.

The fifth round has concluded! (As well as the submission portion of the sixth)

Congratulations to @Frustration for winning first place with "The Waypoint!"
Congratulations to @Mystic Syn@Zephrun's Imperium, and @Knight of Iron for tying for second place with "Anime being Anime", "Shard of Thought", and "DO NOT VOTE" respectively!

The current standings are as follows.

1. @Mystic Syn: 16 votes
  2. @Knight of Iron: 16 votes
  3. @Zephrun's Imperium: 16 votes
  4. @Frustration: 15 votes
  5. @Aspiring Writer: 14 votes
  6. @Channelknight Fadran: 14 votes
  7. @Experience: 7 votes
  8. @The Unknown Order: 7 votes
  9. @Mage: 5 votes
  10. @WrathofaShardKitten: 5 votes
  11. @Isabelle6060: 5 votes
  12. @Condensation: 3 votes

The submissions for the sixth round are as follows.

Spoiler

"The Leviathan"

Don pushed down on the control pad, bringing the submarine into a shallow dive. The blue waters of C51-f6 swirled around the vehicle, illuminated by billions of bioluminescent microbes. Thanks to them even almost ten-thousand feet below the surface it was still bright enough to see for miles.

Don took a glance at the outer cameras, spotting dozens of fish-like lifeforms. It was truly breathtaking. Don watched a disk shaped creature larger than any animal on earth drift along the current, strange appendages served as a mouth, likely filtering food out of the water.

Don smiled, they had never seen one of those before, the first manned mission, and he had already found hundreds of new species.

Don continued deeper, sending reports back to his superiors currently in orbit around the planet. He passed floating coral-like structures larger than most buildings, their fans spread out in every conceivable color, as other creatures walked around on their surface.

Hours passed, though Don didn’t notice, it seemed every inch of the planet was teeming with life, massive shelled ambush predators, swarms of tiny animals ripping apart a large plant, countless creatures swimming near him, put everything he had seen before to shame. The sheer biodiversity of the planet was astounding.

As he went along Don noticed that the water off to his left was darker.

Turning Don looked again, this time he was certain of it, the water was darker in that direction. This deep the time of day would have no effect on lighting, something was over there, and looking at sonar, it was miles off.

Don started towards it, having to fight his way through a wave of fins, scales, and flesh moving the other way. 

As he got closer Don felt a pit form in his stomach, sonar showed he seemed to be getting closer far faster than he should.

Don stopped in the water, but he still seemed to be getting closer. Don put his finger on the border of the darkness and waited, as slowly it passed it.

He wasn’t getting closer, it was. Whatever was over there was alive.

And it was headed straight for him.

Spoiler

"A Little Tiny Leopard"

DSC_0261[1].JPG

Spoiler

“Ms. Humphrey”

5B3A055E-2683-4A5D-A018-DE2EFB715BCB.jpeg

Spoiler

"Cedar Woodcarver"

1640303160239140258568.thumb.jpg.b37df339cb6739604e1f7e7cf70c4e8a.jpg

Remember: 3 votes, no self voting!

4 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

Wait there was a sixth round???

here

On 12/29/2021 at 10:36 AM, xinoehp512 said:

A general reminder that this is the Creator Games 2021, and therefore will end at the end of the year. There is one more round, and one more chance. But you will most likely need to get submissions in by tomorrow! As a reminder, there are no restrictions.

Sorry for not concluding the vote. I had not realized I had left it so long... and I never did set a deadline for voting. Oops. :P 

On 12/29/2021 at 9:59 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

(Their writing was very explicit)

I feel like speculation as to what occurred is not appropriate. Rest assured individuals involved were given many warnings and second chances, as almost everyone does. Please do not speculate further. You all do not know the facts at hand, so your speculation is not going to bear fruit. 

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I feel like speculation as to what occurred is not appropriate. Rest assured individuals involved were given many warnings and second chances, as almost everyone does. Please do not speculate further. You all do not know the facts at hand, so your speculation is not going to bear fruit. 

Thank you. I personally am possessed with an unhealthy amount of curiosity about everything.