Long Game 76: At the Forests of Madness

Elandera

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Then Illwei and I independently decided to go after Randby, and most everyone seems fine(ish) with that.

Yeah, but as with TUO in the QF, the lack of actual resistance makes me worry that we're wayyyy off. We're 20 minutes to the end of the cycle, so unless the entire team is inactive... but idk who to switch to. Araris or Szeth, ig, but Szeth is new and nobody was willing to vote Araris before... yeah.

Ninja'd by Illwei saying the same thing, but also why me?

Just now, Quintessential said:

Ninja'd by Illwei saying the same thing, but also why me?

You not feeling right about me but choosing "i don't want a thunderdome" instead of the "I usually read Illwei wrong"

Just now, Illwei said:

You not feeling right about me but choosing "i don't want a thunderdome" instead of the "I usually read Illwei wrong"

...oh, guess I wasn't clear: I don't have an elim read on you this game. At all. Maybe that should worry me? But then I was right about you being vil in the QF so eh. 

Just now, Quintessential said:

...oh, guess I wasn't clear: I don't have an elim read on you this game. At all. Maybe that should worry me? But then I was right about you being vil in the QF so eh. 

The thing is, there isn't many other people. and A pinch hitter might replace her. 

My other thought is that the people who made these ^^ like I just made :P. arguments are feeling suspicious to me if Randby flips Elim, but that's so little to go off of, and this is a complete shot in the dark

I agree that we shouldn't go after Randby, since a village flip (which is an 11 to 12/15 chance, given no additional information, which we don't have) won't give us any new info. Even if she flips elim, that won't give us as much information as the elim flip of a more active person who's interacted with other people. Basically anyone would give more info than her exe no matter how she or they flip, and my estimated probability of her being an elim is not significantly increased by her inactivity.

edit to avoid double-posting: it's also pretty rude to kill somebody before they even have a chance to play

Edited by Flyingbooks

Well, there's ten minutes in the cycle, so if you've got another idea it needs to be soon...

Edit: Also, remember the Elims almost certainly have a vote mover. If we do want to bandwagon I'd prefer one that didn't leave the exe decideable by that.

Edited by Ashbringer

lets pretend I'm an elim shall we

Mat - I mean I'm reading vil
Gears - No info, but idk if that's going to change
Az - First game
Illwei - uh, me. 
Archer - ??? 
Quinn - ??
Randby - No info
Szeth - new
Dannex - Dies often D1
Jon - Returning
Ash
Araris
Vonne - New
Pizza - Little info??
Books - No info

My pool

Ash, Araris, Archer, Quinn, Gears

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

48 hours isn't exactly not having a chance to play. And pinch-hitters tend to be pretty low activity as well.

Xino might get the slot but TJ is also a pinch hitter. 

EDIT: 

And Tani, who is also more active, just not on Weekends

Edited by Illwei

Pinch hitter slots are decided more by "who's available" and less of chance, I've found... although it could be a problem with a pinch hitter not being available.

And even if RandBy doesn't flip Elim, people supporting/not supporting the exe is a decent amount of info to start, especially with a lot of night scans.

5 minutes...

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

And even if RandBy doesn't flip Elim, people supporting/not supporting the exe is a decent amount of info to start, especially with a lot of night scans.

I think it's only appliccable if she does Flip Elim, which with what,. 6 people? on her, I don't think that's happening tbh. 

I’m here now.

It’s probably too late at this point to do anything, and even if it wasn’t I don’t feel like I know what the heck happened this turn enough to start a train. Which is weird because I was active and should know what happened. Rereads will happen. Many rereads.

Pretty much the only person I would be opposed to killing besides me is Azmine. Strongest village read right now.

Ninjad a billion times :P. Gotta love EoDs

I almost want to vote randomly for the sake of not breaking my streak of voting every cycle

uh

mat

Edited by Matrim's Dice
DANG it xD

My Dearest William,

This journey is becoming more treacherous than I could have imagined. Even knowing I’d be facing the shades and hell itself, I had never considered that my own companions would be the problem. At least with the shades, there are the simple rules. Don’t run. Don’t draw blood. Don’t light a fire. What do you do when humans are the ones presenting the greatest danger?

A companion was killed today. Not by unnamed and hidden figures working in the dark of night, but at the hands of university folk caught up in fear and outrage.

I fear I will not make it back to you. Even if I survive the forests, I do not know if I can survive the wrath of those who would turn against their own. Nor can I survive the old gods that are awakening.

I do hope this letter makes it to you. It would mean at least someone survived the expedition and returned to the university with news. That, though, seems more fantastical an idea these days than an ancient civilization of gods older than the earth itself.

Until we meet, in this life or in the Beyond,

Thankful

Random Bystander has been executed! They were an Expeditioner with a Spellbook!

Vote Count

Random Bystander (4) - Quintessential, Jondesu, Ashbringer, Araris Valerian
Flyingbooks (2) - Archer
Quintessential (1) - Szeth_Pancakes
Szeth_Pancakes (1) - vonnegut
Gears (1) - Illwei

Player List

Spoiler

1. Matrim’s Dice
  2. Gears
  3. Azmine_king
  4. Illwei
  5. Archer
  6. Quintessential
  7. Random Bystander Expeditioner 
  8. Szeth_Pancakes
  9. Dannex
  10. Jondesu
  11. Ashbringer
  12. Araris Valerian
  13. Vonnegut
  14. PizzaPower55
  15. Flyingbooks

This turn will end Friday, April 30 at 5 p.m. PDT.

Scribe Notes

Spoiler

I'm bored.

Hush! Don't distract them. 

But I'm bored

No one cares. Just hush.

Let the reckless have their fun.

Thanks, Kettle!

Why can't all of you just be quiet? Have you never heard of peace?

Naranj! Naranj! You're awake!

Did no one hear the knocking? Someone answer the bloody door!

We cleaned off the blood yesterday.

No, I cleaned off the door. You decided to enter dormancy.

I was filing memories.

Kettle went to sleep! Kettle went to sleep!

Just answer the door and let me go to sleep!

Fine.

I'm baaaaack!

Absolutely wonderful. I'm going back to sleep.

What do you have to report?

I went to the Professor's tent and–

Professor William Dyer?

Of course it's Professor William Dyer. What other Professor does the University have?

Professor William Dyer? He's my favorite professor!

Of course he's your favourite. He's the only one you've ever met.

But we've met other professors, and even out of those, I like Proffie Dyer the best!

That is the stupidest nickname you've ever given anyone, and that includes the one for me.

But Charlamagne...

I am not an emperor. 

But you always boss us around! 

No, that's my job.

Fifi!

Can... Can I talk?

Zelinia! You're on the wrong side!

Well, no one else was using it.

I'm right here.

See?

Fine, then. I suppose you don't want to know what happened in the Professor's tent.

No, no, go on.

Well, I found the Professor... eating a shadow.

Interesting.

Really? I tell you that the Professor is consorting with the Elder Things and that's all you have to say? "Interesting"?

Do you think the shadow tasted good?

Probably. He looked like he was enjoying himself.

I want to eat a shadow!

No.

But–

No.

Can we blackmail the Professor?

Unlikely. No credibility.

Why can you speak normally here but not out there?

Can you just be quiet? I'm trying to sleep. What in the nation of tar could be so interesting that you need to disturb me?

Fine. We shall resume this conversation at another time.

Edited by Elandera

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh @Elandera Is my vote on gears actually not there or was this a mistake? 

Fun post count, less fun graph

Spoiler

2.thumb.png.d2c3079f6045c12dc4ed6e90c38fcc84.png

--

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

What did that tell us? Nothing? Thought so. Had to check :P.

Though I suppose the point was never for info.

I did not hear you arguing for a different target, nor trying to find one, and in the end all you tried to do was "random vote" yourself. So yes, it told us absolutely nothing, but it's not like you can really complain passive-aggressively about it :P. 

NOW ARCHER

Yes, I believe that suspicious != Elim. 

Yes, suspicious things can be a sign that that person is an Elim, but at the same time Villagers will more likely than not do more generally "suspicious" things than an Elim might. Elims are more self-conscious about their image. So A villager might random Vote and not really think about it during D1, while an Elim might not. Elims might try to give more explainations with their votes and not naked vote because they don't want to be questioned or be suspected about that. Elims might form more full thoughts or thought out responses because they don't want to be questioned so much on their thought process, because there isn't really any there. 

Edited by Illwei