Long Game 75: Alethi Politics

Mat

2 minutes ago, Dannex said:

I used my vote manip early on in the cycle when it seemed like I was getting some votes

and then later I voted for Tani instead of self pres because I knew I was fine and didn’t need to. And I thought Illwei was vil. 

Did you tell us that?

I don't remember you telling us that. (Tho anyway it would just get more votes on you.)

And also you could just as easily be an elim soother spokesperson (sorry my brain's stuck on Scadrial) who wants to get village cred by saying you thought so-and-so was such-and-such before their flip.

Just now, Tani said:

And also you could just as easily be an elim soother spokesperson (sorry my brain's stuck on Scadrial) who wants to get village cred by saying you thought so-and-so was such-and-such before their flip.

It's fine lol LG74 was a rerun of the original game played on SE, and those names are kind of... standard. "Soother" is more or less a generic term here lol even if the game isn't set on Scadrial, you'll still get the point across

Alright, not sure what to make of that new info from Dannex. I guess it sort of sounds like a Villager thing to do. I don't know why an Elim would try to claim this towards EoD. It doesn't seem like it would help much on the surface. But I think I have to keep my vote on Dannex just in case if only for self-pres. Especially if he has vote manipulation also. I can't really be sure he's not Elim making up this crazy story.

EDIT: Oh wait, I didn't realize the wagon on Dannex had grown so large.

Edited by Whysper

7 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Alright, not sure what to make of that new info from Dannex. I guess it sort of sounds like a Villager thing to do. I don't know why an Elim would try to claim this towards EoD. It doesn't seem like it would help much on the surface. But I think I have to keep my vote on Dannex just in case if only for self-pres. Especially if he has vote manipulation also. I can't really be sure he's not Elim making up this crazy story.

I mean, I could see an elim!Dannex and his team knowing that there’s a village vote manip out there who removed a vote off of Dannex, so Dannex claims that he was the spokesperson to see if the actual spokesperson outs themselves to get something out of the Dannexe. I’m not saying I think this is the case, just saying it’s a possibility. 

EDIT: I was gonna say, the claim also could’ve been done as a way to try and stop the exe on him.

Edited by StrikerEZ

13 minutes ago, Dannex said:

I used my vote manip early on in the cycle when it seemed like I was getting some votes

and then later I voted for Tani instead of self pres because I knew I was fine and didn’t need to. And I thought Illwei was vil. 

This makes me read Danex as village. Elim!Dannex could have just avoided all of this day's negative attention by self-presing and retracting the vote manip. Nobody would have likely thought twice about it.

9 minutes ago, Whysper said:

I don't know why an Elim would try to claim this towards EoD.

2 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I mean, I could see an elim!Dannex and his team knowing that there’s a village vote manip out there who removed a vote off of Dannex, so Dannex claims that he was the spokesperson to see if the actual spokesperson outs themselves to get something out of the Dannexe. I’m not saying I think this is the case, just saying it’s a possibility. 

EDIT: I was gonna say, the claim also could’ve been done as a way to try and stop the exe on him.

Both exe stopping and spokesperson hunting would have made more sense to do near the beginning of the cycle. The way it is, it feels like Dannex is a villager about to die who wants to at least give the context for his decisions for us to be able to take that into account in future cycles.

I think that it's very likely at least one of the people who were actively pushing a Dannexe is an elim. Whysper is the only one of those who has votes on them, but I'd be willing to switch to a different Dannexe-advocate if others would be more likely to vote them than Whysper.

18 minutes ago, Tani said:

Well yeah, if you think I’m Elim, of course you’ll find a way to look at it so that it fits what you already think

thats called confirmation bias

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

Ok Ive been convinced.

Whysper. :)

*gives brownie*

enjoy

hey the votes 5-4 now, counting my vote manip.

anyone wanna save me?

Edited by Dannex

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

What’s the VC looking like?

Dannex(6)
Whysper(4)
TJ(1)

I think that’s accurate

and then once I remove a vote it’s at 5

i suggest someone either remove a vote from me, or someone add a vote to Whysper

and then we leave it up the gods of luck and chance

Just now, Quintessential said:

Dannex (6): Elan, Quinn, Whysper, Striker, TJ, Forge
TJ (1): Araris
Whysper (4): Archer, Dannex, Books, Tani

My stupid monkey brain is way too tempted by the possibility of making another tie if I switch my vote. :P

If they are somehow successful and get me eliminated, be sure to look at Books and Tani for hopping on at the end there. Maybe Ash too for talking about wanting to tie the vote. Striker also talked about tying, but I'm taking his as a joke.

If I get eliminated, look at some people who jumped on at the middle/end of my train, but who jumped on before people started voting Whysper 

If someone jumped on at the end of my train, and then later jumped on the end of the Whysper train.

very suspicious. 

Also be suspicious of people who defended me like they already knew I would flip vil

1 minute ago, Whysper said:

If they are somehow successful and get me eliminated, be sure to look at Books and Tani for hopping on at the end there. Maybe Ash too for talking about wanting to tie the vote. Striker also talked about tying, but I'm taking his as a joke.

Mine is definitely a joke. I think Dannex is more likely to be an elim than you are and I’m also not a fan of all these votes coming out of nowhere near the end. Though, to be fair, I did ask for people to come on and give their thoughts and/or vote.

4 minutes ago, Whysper said:

See, Dannex even talks about me in terms of being a Villager with conf bias and tunneling rather than an Elim. He seems to know I'm Villager.

You get no brownies

Edited by Dannex
10/10 best last words ever